Home

Where's the review?

This is a discussion on Where's the review? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Where's the review?

I don't see an OS review on Madden yet. What's the deal? I noticed IGN doesn't have one either.

Both of them get blackballed or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Where's the review?

Maybe "the deal" is they're still evaluating the game.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

IGN gave M23 7/10 a few days ago.

“Madden fans will tell you that it hasn’t been a great decade for EA’s football sim. Like the NFL itself, the profits have continued to grow, but the product has suffered. Madden NFL 23, though, provides a glimpse of a light at the end of the tunnel with a handful of smart enhancements to animations, AI, and passing mechanics that make subtle but meaningful improvements to the moment-to-moment football on the field. To be clear, Madden still has a long way to go to catch up with other sports sims, the majority of which are more refined, less buggy, and have a clearer identity. After playing Madden NFL 23, though, I finally have a little optimism that it’s on the right path”
Old 08-22-2022, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Maybe "the deal" is they're still evaluating the game.
Ok, but traditionally, this site has had a review up on day 1 at a minimum. It's almost a week into the game now and there still isn't one.

Pretty weird. Especially for a site dedicated to sports gaming and that draws almost all of it's traffic from Madden and NBA 2K.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
IGN gave M23 7/10 a few days ago.

“Madden fans will tell you that it hasn’t been a great decade for EA’s football sim. Like the NFL itself, the profits have continued to grow, but the product has suffered. Madden NFL 23, though, provides a glimpse of a light at the end of the tunnel with a handful of smart enhancements to animations, AI, and passing mechanics that make subtle but meaningful improvements to the moment-to-moment football on the field. To be clear, Madden still has a long way to go to catch up with other sports sims, the majority of which are more refined, less buggy, and have a clearer identity. After playing Madden NFL 23, though, I finally have a little optimism that it’s on the right path”
Oh thanks! I looked on their site twice and couldn't find it but their search is horrible. 7/10 seems high for saying it's not a great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »