Home

So much for disk space being what was holding Madden back.

This is a discussion on So much for disk space being what was holding Madden back. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #273
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: So much for disk space being what was holding Madden back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosgotit
fifa is fine and also sells more than all other ea sport games combined so its not all bad
FIFA has been the shining light for EA Sports for awhile now. I don't even watch soccer and I've put in 100+ hours in FIFA 13 on my PC. Only reason I didn't buy FIFA 14 on PC is because it's not the Next-Gen version.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #274
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
FIFA has been the shining light for EA Sports for awhile now. I don't even watch soccer and I've put in 100+ hours in FIFA 13 on my PC. Only reason I didn't buy FIFA 14 on PC is because it's not the Next-Gen version.
I don't know about that. The argument can be made that FIFA has become 'SportsCenter's Top 10 plays', with "awesome" celebrations, the last couple of years.

That probably won't bother too many people who don't watch soccer regularly. The EA issue is a widespread one. Their best games seem to come from studios that they bought, with their own IPs, not homegrown ones.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #275
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
FIFA has about 100 million copies sold since its original release, and Madden has 99 million...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ame_franchises

It is a neck and neck race between Madden and FIFA; they have traded off most units sold over the years :

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2501...-sports-games/
I looked at your vgcharz article and FIFA has 2012, 2011 on PS3 in that top 10 list. The latest madden on that top ten list is M07 on the PS2 (nothing on PS3). So what exactly are you trying to prove and dispute here? That Madden USED to be best selling and now FIFA has taken over? Because that's what your article supports.

Sorry dude, maybe I wasn't following the thread closely enough and this was exactly what you were trying to prove. But it didn't seem like it from your post.

Last edited by bucky60; 11-16-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #276
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I looked at your vgcharz article and FIFA has 2012, 2011 on PS3 in that top 10 list. The latest madden on that top ten list is M07 on the PS2 (nothing on PS3). So what exactly are you trying to prove and dispute here? That Madden USED to be best selling and now FIFA has taken over? Because that's what your article supports.

Sorry dude, maybe I wasn't following the thread closely enough and this was exactly what you were trying to prove. But it didn't seem like it from your post.
I am supporting the fact that the comment that FIFA has sold more copies than all the other sports games combined, is false...Which I proved...

Sales of FIFA does not necessarily determine that it is a better game than MAdden, just shows that it is a very popular sport - and world wide Soccer(football) is the #1 most popular sport - American Football doesn't even make the top 10...

http://www.clicktop10.com/2013/03/to...-in-the-world/

If you take into account that FIFA has sold ~ 100 million copies overall, and Madden has sold ~99 million, Madden is doing really good, especially for not even being a top 10 sport world wide..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-16-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #277
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

FIFA sales have about as much effect on the quality of Madden as the file size.

There, full circle.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #278
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am supporting the fact that the comment that FIFA has sold more copies than all the other sports games combined, is false...Hence I proved...
Oh, so you were proving he was exaggerating to make a point. I guess I just didn't take his post literally and just took it for the point he was trying to make. That FIFA has become EA's flagship game and outsells Madden by quite a bit. Maybe because I'm part Irish, I can separate exaggeration from point being made. Happens all the time with the Irish.

I see you edited your post.

So addressing your edit, so if Madden sales were going up instead of down, you would say the same thing. Not an indication of how good the game is?

Last edited by bucky60; 11-16-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #279
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Oh, so you were proving he was exaggerating to make a point. I guess I just didn't take his post literally and just took it for the point he was trying to make. That FIFA has become EA's flagship game and outsells Madden by quite a bit. Maybe because I'm part Irish, I can separate exaggeration from point being made. Happens all the time with the Irish.

I see you edited your post.

All good...In hindsight I shouldn't have even replied to the original post about Fifa sales as it was obviously an exaggeration....And there is no denying how well FIFA plays and sells..
Old 11-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #280
Banned

OVR: 25

There is only one thing holding madden back since 2005( god has it been that long?)......

Competition..... They could have given us all we have asked and more by now....

But why? What's the point? Gonna buy it anyway.... What other options we have?

NONE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »