Home

WHEN WILL EA INNOVATE MADDEN PLAYBOOKS?

This is a discussion on WHEN WILL EA INNOVATE MADDEN PLAYBOOKS? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

CoachRuckus's Arena

OVR: 1
WHEN WILL EA INNOVATE MADDEN PLAYBOOKS?

Same old playbooks same old B.S. When is EA going to care and change the playbooks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3gYG...ure=youtu.be&a

GT/OldMan Williams

website Madden News

Guys learn how to meet and date women without losing who you are as a man www.sbwcoaching.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: WHEN WILL EA INNOVATE MADDEN PLAYBOOKS?

Just watched the vid. I get the point Ruckus is trying to make, but I think he's coming at it from the wrong angle. To be fair to EA, a cover 3 defense, or a 2 man under is what it is. It just isn't going to change from year to year in the way it looks on the screen or in an actual playbook. The cover 3 defense I played in high school many moons ago, I can draw it up right now and it won't look much different on the board than it does in an NFL playbook. What IS different is the coverage responsibilities, the pattern reading, the techniques the corners play on the outside, etc.

What needs be innovated is the way the players function in these coverages, the way players move and pass off receivers in cover 3, or actual trail techniques and brackets in 2 man under. That and we need more variety in the way we match line stunts to coverages.

On the offensive side, kinda the same deal. Offenses function on concepts and those concepts haven't changed that much in the past decade. A china concept, or sticks is pretty much the same all over. What has changed and desperately needs to be added is the way routes are tagged in the NFL and packaged (as LBz pointed out some time ago). IMO, it's not so much the playbooks themselves that need to get better, but the way the players function/execute said plays. That's the real innovation we need.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

What needs be innovated is the way the players function in these coverages, the way players move and pass off receivers in cover 3, or actual trail techniques and brackets in 2 man under. That and we need more variety in the way we match line stunts to coverages.

IMO, it's not so much the playbooks themselves that need to get better, but the way the players function/execute said plays. That's the real innovation we need.
AMEN my friend. I don't have as much of an issue with the playbooks as I do with the function. I laugh my *** off when I see EA mention how they added "the wide 9" or the Giants "Nascar". What does the Nascar package do for me? Absolutely nothing. All it is, is a nickel package with a lesser pass rusher lined up at DT and safeties playing corner. Why would I use that? completely stupid. The assignments are wrong rendering these types of formations and packages completely useless.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There's a perfectly reasonable discussion to be had here; however, please use your arena to post YouTube video links to your own channel as per the forum rules.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »