Home

Worth a buy or Wait until next year?

This is a discussion on Worth a buy or Wait until next year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Worth a buy or Wait until next year?

Want to hear some of your opinions. On the fence about buying this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Worth a buy or Wait until next year?

Check out the impressions thread. It's not that different from current gen to me. That said - it's not BAD. If you need you fix for video game football, pick it up. Just do yourself a favor, don't play a game like NBA2k14 (I don't even like basketball or know the game) and then Play Madden 25. It will ruin it for you somewhat.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by subinate027
Honestly I would wait until next year, I had it on xbox 360 and played it once then got it on ps4 and play it every now and then, i can't put my finger on it but something is missing.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7LiterWizard
Check out the impressions thread. It's not that different from current gen to me. That said - it's not BAD. If you need you fix for video game football, pick it up. Just do yourself a favor, don't play a game like NBA2k14 (I don't even like basketball or know the game) and then Play Madden 25. It will ruin it for you somewhat.
I have both and I'm playing Madden more. Until NBA 2k gets the patches it needs it will stay that way!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #5
Rookie

kdenson1283's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Honestly I would wait until next year, I had it on xbox 360 and played it once then got it on ps4 and play it every now and then, i can't put my finger on it but something is missing.
I would say if you have a gamestop upgrade coupoun for $9.99, go ahead and get it. The one thing I think XxjustAguessxX is saying what is off, is the controls. Coming from 360 to XB1 there is a slight control differential because of the different remote in my hand I tend to make tiny mistakes. Only my opinion though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by subinate027
I am enjoying it quite a bit to say buy it now.
I played 25 and did not like it on the 360, there is a noticeable difference in gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
This, I was one of the more hyped ppl for this game. But honestly with BF4 and Fifa, its hard for Madden to crack the rotation. There are some nice changes. Sometimes I see a pocket forming. The foot planting is nice. But the graphics and other game play elements are let downs.

The animations are the exact same. Which leaves much to be desired.
The playbooks, plays and coverage play out the same exact way as they do on current systems.

I'm already getting emails from Madden School with the tips for Next Gen they are the same tips for current gen.

Users creating guides are inevitable. But I was hoping the game could at least be out 1-2 months before the code was cracked to show what the most successful plays on offense and defense are.

If you like Madden current Gen you will Like Madden next gen. If you love Madden current gen you will love madden next gen. If you hate madden current gen you will hate madden next gen. (most likely)

I was talking to a member of my Madden league about the game, and while it's not a bad product, just not great and feels the same. He said it best, His response was "it's madden bro."
Old 12-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

We have a massive impressions thread, where you can read peoples thoughts. Use it.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »