Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #169
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Anybody excited about the high possibility of true step being all over the field this year?
Me, not really, because if they still move like robots and react like androids, it won't matter none. If players can still attempt and recover fumbles or attempt interceptions in nano seconds, or recover onside kicks with no catch animation (ball just warps into their hands), then true step on all sides of the field won't be enough for me.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #170
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I would say the opposite. They have no reason to get better, because people will buy it anyway.
Well, im optimistic and hopeful they would. Even if that's very naive
Old 05-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #171
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm really disliking the lack of information headed into E3. That doesn't seem like a good sign to me. It is either VERY much the same game, or completely new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #172
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Me, not really, because if they still move like robots and react like androids, it won't matter none. If players can still attempt and recover fumbles or attempt interceptions in nano seconds, or recover onside kicks with no catch animation (ball just warps into their hands), then true step on all sides of the field won't be enough for me.
I lump "True Step" in with how they advertised pass trajectories. It's an example of how far this genre has been allowed to sink into the abyss. These are basic functions of the game, and Tiburon using them as promoted features is just disgusting to me.

Besides, "True Step" had a lot of problems. The biggest one for me is, when you catch a pass in the flat and the receiver takes a bunch of unnecessary tap-dancing steps rather than just turning the ball upfield. I can't tell you how many would-be first downs or sure TD's were killed because of that problem. Granted, in real life you're going to need to collect yourself, but not to the degree that "True Step" exaggerates. That said, sometimes things like that are put into a game to stop the player from having too many positive outcomes. But in Madden 25's case, I don't think that's why it's there. I just think it's not working properly.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #173
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I'm really disliking the lack of information headed into E3. That doesn't seem like a good sign to me. It is either VERY much the same game, or completely new.
It was the same way last year, it's been tighter lipped since the last regime.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #174
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I lump "True Step" in with how they advertised pass trajectories. It's an example of how far this genre has been allowed to sink into the abyss. These are basic functions of the game, and Tiburon using them as promoted features is just disgusting to me.

Besides, "True Step" had a lot of problems. The biggest one for me is, when you catch a pass in the flat and the receiver takes a bunch of unnecessary tap-dancing steps rather than just turning the ball upfield. I can't tell you how many would-be first downs or sure TD's were killed because of that problem. Granted, in real life you're going to need to collect yourself, but not to the degree that "True Step" exaggerates. That said, sometimes things like that are put into a game to stop the player from having too many positive outcomes. But in Madden 25's case, I don't think that's why it's there. I just think it's not working properly.
I feel the same exact way. Like mostly everything Tiburon implements into Madden, it's good in concept and theory, but poorly executed. As you said steps are just out of place. They end up being just extra poor animations on top of decent to poor animations instead of true momentum. Who knows, I hope they can get it together, but the history says otherwise.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #175
Banned

Quote:
I feel the same exact way. Like mostly everything Tiburon implements into Madden, it's good in concept and theory, but poorly executed.
I'm always puzzled by that one myself. Or they do something hot and then take it out of the game (mostly in regards to presentation).

Quote:
As you said steps are just out of place. They end up being just extra poor animations on top of decent to poor animations instead of true momentum. Who knows, I hope they can get it together, but the history says otherwise.
I think the worst one of all is when you have a clear running lane and you're pressing towards it and trying to get that just precise angle into it, but rather than the back just taking the hole he starts tap-dancing and/or makes a strange cut or lean that kills your run and gets you tackled. Based on that, I see they're trying to make body reactions more situational like they started to in Madden 11 with the body leaning, but too often in this game you wind up getting sucked into situations rather than them happening organically.

According to their marketing information from Madden 13, all of the cutting and such has been linked to be handled by their RTPe which actually isn't a bad idea in theory. But the bothersome part is that suction and loss of appropriate control were all issues in Madden prior to their introduction of Infinity and it's still a problem now. I'm interested to see how or even if they find a way to fix this issue. To me, the fix seems like it would be a multi-year project, and it may require some more suiting up which they don't seem to like to do much of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #176

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I feel the same exact way. Like mostly everything Tiburon implements into Madden, it's good in concept and theory, but poorly executed. As you said steps are just out of place. They end up being just extra poor animations on top of decent to poor animations instead of true momentum. Who knows, I hope they can get it together, but the history says otherwise.
This is so true, everything they implement is always half as**d. Then they never build on anything. Features/gameplay mechanics always end up being scrapped. The infinity engine might be the first thing they actually hang on to. And might I add almost everything they put into the game has to have some stupid gimmick name to it so they can put it on the back of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »