Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #129
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Last year Nick Foles threw for 2891 yards and completed 64% of his passes. AP had over 2000 yards in 2012 and only 12 Td's, in fact in 4 of his 7 years he has scored 12 TD's. Last year there were 24 WR's with over 1000 yards, 5 of them had over 100 receptions. Most of the stats aren't that bad compared to the real NFL the problem mainly exists with QB's yards/TD's/Int's.
I think Foles only started 11 games last year, just for the record

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #130
Banned

OVR: 0

Anyone else stop watching once they saw Trent cole with 155 tackles and 12 sacks?? Lmaoooo
Old 08-17-2014, 11:17 AM   #131
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
Anyone else stop watching once they saw Trent cole with 155 tackles and 12 sacks?? Lmaoooo
I'm a Redskin fan so every year I have to see him twice and he's always been a Madden hero.

Really, the only thing that really bothers me are the TD and INT numbers. Yards were okay, though a little low, but having a QB like Manning throw sub 20 TD's with over 4k yards? That's insane.

Sacks seemed kinda inflated too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #132
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I think this is the type of stuff that really drives me insane when it comes to this game. All the great new things about the game, but legacy issues that still need to be fixed. I can tell you that I may have a meltdown if the Auto Subs don't work, for what, the 5th year in a row? Feel free to send recommendations for a therapist on 8/27 if they don't work?

Great job on all the improvements, but seriously, the sim engine STILL not working properly??? Do they not know how to fix it? Is it tied the overblown ratings system of the "czar pay and no attention to the man behind the curtain" Donnie Moore?

Unacceptable.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #133
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

The QB touchdown stats are horrible. Some seem balanced, but Peyton Manning only throwing 13 touchdowns? Unacceptable.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #134
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I think this is the type of stuff that really drives me insane when it comes to this game. All the great new things about the game, but legacy issues that still need to be fixed. I can tell you that I may have a meltdown if the Auto Subs don't work, for what, the 5th year in a row? Feel free to send recommendations for a therapist on 8/27 if they don't work?

Great job on all the improvements, but seriously, the sim engine STILL not working properly??? Do they not know how to fix it? Is it tied the overblown ratings system of the "czar pay and no attention to the man behind the curtain" Donnie Moore?

Unacceptable.
This sums up how I feel. The fact that their sim engine is chronically skewed from one year to the next is baffling.

This year it's low QB TD's, higher INTS. This is something that was present last year.

To think of all the work they put into CFM, Uniforms, theyre touting improvements to CPU AI, new tackling mechanics, etc etc... but the sim engine always has outliers. I don't get it. Why is it never fixed?

It's just like how the wind arrow was backwards for 3 years. Sure, it appears they finally fixed it this year, which is nice. But like... What the heck?? It's just a wind arrow graphic...why did it take 3 years to fix?

It's the Same with the sim engine. If it's chronically this bad it needs higher a priority attention.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #135
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Ok well in madden the numbers are not truly simmed but in fact just calculated by a program..not produced through game play.. So not sure how penalties have any effect on their programming ?

Edit: or lack of penalties called?
I don't get this. Why aren't they just simmed for each game? It doesn't bother me that certain players numbers are because that can happen. Nagging injuries to a qb, lack of run game, bad defense forcing a qb to play from behind can all cause passing numbers to drop from one year to the next. So I'm not one to say manning' s numbers are off or Stafford threw too many picks, etc.

I'd personally would just like the numbers to reflect my game settings. If my games are set to 6 min quarters, that would result in a different number of plays per game than if I used 8 minute quarters. If the SIM stats would adjust accordingly Id be ok with that. That way, all you have to do is change quarter length until you get numbers you like or reflect what you get in your played games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #136
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Do rosters effect it at all?

I used a roster with edited AWR for all offensive players and it helped. It was a pain to do all the editing and once you got deeper into the CFM it reverted back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »