Home

Must play coach mode not owner mode...

This is a discussion on Must play coach mode not owner mode... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Must play coach mode not owner mode...

Owner mode this year starts you off with about 1-4 million and if your the Jags at the end of the year you will have about $9 million, unlike last year where you typically gained money every week this year u lose a lot and gain small amounts meaning at the end of the year you can not sign anyone because your available funds is what's used fir bonus money, just like last year but now you have basically no money.

Owner mode is basically impossible now, coach mode you only worry about the salary cap.

Big market team like Denver you will have about $80 million at seasons bed but god fir bid you give anyone $40M bonus cause there goes half your money.

Can't eveb field a 53 man roster with small market teams after year 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Must play coach mode not owner mode...

Isn't this already being discussed?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ble-funds.html
Old 08-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Isn't this already being discussed?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ble-funds.html
Just letting everyone know to start as a coach if you wanna rebuild a team and not as an owner. Sorry
Old 08-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

This sounds like an issue which will be addressed in a patch. The problem with coach mode is you can get fired. If you have a favorite team you probably want owner mode.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Owner mode this year starts you off with about 1-4 million and if your the Jags at the end of the year you will have about $9 million, unlike last year where you typically gained money every week this year u lose a lot and gain small amounts meaning at the end of the year you can not sign anyone because your available funds is what's used fir bonus money, just like last year but now you have basically no money.

Owner mode is basically impossible now, coach mode you only worry about the salary cap.

Big market team like Denver you will have about $80 million at seasons bed but god fir bid you give anyone $40M bonus cause there goes half your money.

I played as the Patriots in a FANTASY DRAFTED team and I went 13-3 for the season, and had $110 mil at the end of the season. I played every game and made sure I was competitive with the tickets and concessions. Seemed ok for me. I was pretty happy with $110 mil.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The problem with coach mode is you can get fired..
I'm trying to understand why that's a problem. Become a coach, accept the challenge of doing your job well or risk getting fired. To me it makes the game more challenging and realistic. Why would you want to be a CCM coach that can go 2-14 for 6 years in a row and still have the job? Unless you are one of those super casual easy mode I dont want any kind of challenge or pressure kind of gamer.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I'm trying to understand why that's a problem. Become a coach, accept the challenge of doing your job well or risk getting fired. To me it makes the game more challenging and realistic. Why would you want to be a CCM coach that can go 2-14 for 6 years in a row and still have the job? Unless you are one of those super casual easy mode I dont want any kind of challenge or pressure kind of gamer.
As I indicated in the non-edited version of my previous post, some people have a favorite team they want to stick with. Another reason is dealing with the AI decision as to whether or not I should stay with the team I've drafted and built. For example I won the super bowl on madden difficulty with Jacksonville. I don't want to get fired the next year because I don't meet the AI's expectations.

I use coach mode as in I don't control the players but I'm George Halas/Connie Mack.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:33 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO

I have never been a huge fan of owner mode (except rebuild/relocate) for this exact reason. But one question I do have.

How often are you giving players a $40 million bonus?? There's only 4 players in the entire NFL that have more than a $30 million bonus (Brees, Rodgers, Charles Johnson and Brady). Most NFL teams average a little over $80 million in total bonus money, so that's not that unrealistic as it is for teams like the Jags and Rams who finish in the negative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »