Home

Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team Has Content That Can Only Be Unlocked With Real Money

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team Has Content That Can Only Be Unlocked With Real Money within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

badluck22's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team Has Content That Can Only Be Unlocked With Real Money

Quote:
The Madden NFL series has a feature called Madden Ultimate Team mode in which players collect card of current and former NFL stars in order to create the ultimate team. In previous iterations of the series, these cards could be purchased with coins that are racked up simply by playing the game, but this is not the case in Madden NFL 15. For the first time, there will be unlockables (note that these are included on the disk, not as DLC) that can only be purchased with real money, and cannot be unlocked by playing the game. If you want to build the ultimate team, you'll have to shell out some post-purchase cash.
Sorry if this isnt allowed just close it.
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/madden-...y#.U_Z9ZfldWFV
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
re: Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team Has Content That Can Only Be Unlocked With Real Money

Not sure why this is a shock. Ultimate team ruined a lot of things in my opinion.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
re: Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team Has Content That Can Only Be Unlocked With Real Money

I realize it's more inflammatory without it, but the title should really specify that this is Ultimate Team content, and appears to not be all that different from the past.

If I remember correctly, there wasn't an option to purchase card pack bundles with coins in the past either. You can buy a pack at a time with coins as much as you want, but any bundle of packs was through actual money.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
Rookie

badluck22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I realize it's more inflammatory without it, but the title should really specify that this is Ultimate Team content, and appears to not be all that different from the past.

If I remember correctly, there wasn't an option to purchase card pack bundles with coins in the past either. You can buy a pack at a time with coins as much as you want, but any bundle of packs was through actual money.
Sorry, i just copied the title from the article.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Who ever wrote that, wrote it as click bait. Nothing for FUT is on the disc. Its all server side. And this is nothing new. Its just an attempt to get clicks on their site.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #6
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

until you can't get 100% completion in game modes or get all achievements without purchasing in game content theres no story.

i can still get an ultimate team the old fashioned way.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team Has Content That Can Only Be Unlocked With Real Money

Editing thread title to avoid confusion.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team Has Content That Can Only Be Unlocked With Real Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

A lot of people like MUT, and cool for them. But the biggest turn off for me regarding it was that if I wanted to be successful with it, I'd have to shell out extra money up and over what I already paid for a game. I see NO point in that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »