Home

CFM and MUT Rosters for NFL history fans

This is a discussion on CFM and MUT Rosters for NFL history fans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 12:54 AM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
CFM and MUT Rosters for NFL history fans

Does anyone know how they come up with the ratings for MUT?

I was looking at some of the ratings for players, and it just seemed crazy. For example, why is it that John Elway is only a 94, but there is a card out there of a 99 overall Tim Tebow and a 97 Colin Kaepernick?
Or better yet a 94 overall Walter Payton and a 97 overall Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones Drew.

Another thing that bothers me, is why does it seem like there are 8 different Marcus Mariota cards with different ratings? I could understand why they would make 2 Randall Cunningham cards (one for the Eagles and one for the Vikings)

I think it would be cooler, and I would certainly invest a lot more time and I'd even consider using actual money if Madden let you keep the cards from one madden to another, and if they actually had a system to how the players were ranked.

What I mean is, don't ruin ratings and take away from some of the all time greats by just handing out high ratings. MUT does it, and so does the regular rosters in Madden. This year, Madden released with 3 99 overall players (JJ Watt, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Rogers) who I think we all could agree are some of the best players in the game. However, I feel that a 99 overall rating means that this is the best. You have reached the ceiling, and there is no player who has ever been better than you. I think that there are maybe a few players that have reached that mark (in my opinion).

I would just like to see madden release consistent ratings based on not just the current players, but based off of the best players of ALL TIME. I'm going to use the quarterback position for example. I am going to list how the ratings system should would, and this would also reflect off of MUT, as well as CFM. (Not to get political, this list will have some "in between" players missing

Best of the best
Dan Marino 98
Peyton Manning 98 (Currently a 76)
Tom Brady 97 (Currently an 87)
Joe Montana 97 (85 with KC)
Johnny Unitas 96
John Elway 95
Brett Favre 95 (77 with Atl. 80 with NYJ. 86 with MIN)

Legends
Fran Tarkenton 95
Otto Graham 95
Len Dawson 95
Aaron Rogers 95 (Currently a 91)
Drew Brees 94 (Currently an 86)
Jim Kelly 94
Roger Staubach 94
Bart Starr 93

Hall of Fame
Steve Young 93 (76 with Tampa)
Kurt Warner 93 (87 with AZ)
Warren Moon 92
Steve McNair 91

Greats/ bottom tier HOF'er
Donovan McNabb 90
Troy Aikmann 89
Cam Newton 89
Dan Fouts 88
Russell Wilson 87
Andrew Luck 87
Ben Roethlisberger 86
Rich Gannon 85
Tony Romo 85 (now 78)
Eli Manning 85 (now 73)
Terry Bradshaw 83
Joe Namath 83

Pro-Bowl

Philip Rivers 84
Mike Vick 83
Matt Hasselbeck 82
Jeff Garcia 81
Kerry Collins 80
Jake Delhomme 80
Joe Flacco 79

Starters
Alex Smith 78
Marcus Mariota 77
Jameis Winston 77
Blake Bortles 75
Jake Cutler 75
Matt Stafford 75
Colin Kaepernick 72 (81 under Harbaugh)

Game Managers/ Rookies
Trent Dilfer 69
Jeff George 69
Jared Goff 68
Brandon Weeden 67
Kyle Orton 67
Matt Flynn 66
Johnny Manziel 65

Rookies/ Bench/ Bust

Garrett Grayson 64
Brady Quinn 64
Ryan Leaf 64
Carson Wentz 64

Just bad
No need to call anyone out here

The same can for any position. The beauty of it is, each individual player is unique. Even though I have Joe Montana as a 97, people are probably going to want to play with a lower rated Mike Vick more, because his attributes are made up but his athleticism, arm strength, and quickness. Where as Joe is going to use his incredible accuracy, awareness (intelligence), and pocket mobility to get him to his 97 over all rating.

I don't know what the community thinks, but I think it is time that Madden starts taking the greats into consideration when rating current players, and have that 90 plus rating mean something. When Chris Johnson received his 99 overall rating in madden 11, I feel that is equivalent to saying that he is this best running back to play the game. He is up there with Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton. Instead of having a log jam of talent in the high 90's, I want to see that spot saved for the greats and future hall of famers. Once again, not to play politics, but I feel like this years madden only had a handful of players worth a 94 plus rating.

JJ Watt, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, and a few others that could be argued into this list.

I just want to one standard roster for years and years, and I want madden to hold player ratings not just to current players, but to every player that has ever played the game.

Last edited by Toupal; 02-23-2016 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Computer error
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Re: CFM and MUT Rosters for NFL history fans

This is great and i have ask the same ! a year to year mut i would invest maybe the second part is once again the player feel the same i want barry Sanders to run like Barry ! Deion Sanders to play different then Revis . And yes once again they have to figure out how to make a player that might be the best of all time play better then Mike Vick. people should be like i got that Montana wow ! But they don't it's a shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Does anyone know how they come up with the ratings for MUT?

I was looking at some of the ratings for players, and it just seemed crazy. For example, why is it that John Elway is only a 94, but there is a card out there of a 99 overall Tim Tebow and a 97 Colin Kaepernick?
Or better yet a 94 overall Walter Payton and a 97 overall Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones Drew.

Another thing that bothers me, is why does it seem like there are 8 different Marcus Mariota cards with different ratings? I could understand why they would make 2 Randall Cunningham cards (one for the Eagles and one for the Vikings)

I think it would be cooler, and I would certainly invest a lot more time and I'd even consider using actual money if Madden let you keep the cards from one madden to another, and if they actually had a system to how the players were ranked.

What I mean is, don't ruin ratings and take away from some of the all time greats by just handing out high ratings. MUT does it, and so does the regular rosters in Madden. This year, Madden released with 3 99 overall players (JJ Watt, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Rogers) who I think we all could agree are some of the best players in the game. However, I feel that a 99 overall rating means that this is the best. You have reached the ceiling, and there is no player who has ever been better than you. I think that there are maybe a few players that have reached that mark (in my opinion).

I would just like to see madden release consistent ratings based on not just the current players, but based off of the best players of ALL TIME. I'm going to use the quarterback position for example. I am going to list how the ratings system should would, and this would also reflect off of MUT, as well as CFM. (Not to get political, this list will have some "in between" players missing

Best of the best
Dan Marino 98
Peyton Manning 98 (Currently a 76)
Tom Brady 97 (Currently an 87)
Joe Montana 97 (85 with KC)
Johnny Unitas 96
John Elway 95
Brett Favre 95 (77 with Atl. 80 with NYJ. 86 with MIN)

Legends
Fran Tarkenton 95
Otto Graham 95
Len Dawson 95
Aaron Rogers 95 (Currently a 91)
Drew Brees 94 (Currently an 86)
Jim Kelly 94
Roger Staubach 94
Bart Starr 93

Hall of Fame
Steve Young 93 (76 with Tampa)
Kurt Warner 93 (87 with AZ)
Warren Moon 92
Steve McNair 91

Greats/ bottom tier HOF'er
Donovan McNabb 90
Troy Aikmann 89
Cam Newton 89
Dan Fouts 88
Russell Wilson 87
Andrew Luck 87
Ben Roethlisberger 86
Rich Gannon 85
Tony Romo 85 (now 78)
Eli Manning 85 (now 73)
Terry Bradshaw 83
Joe Namath 83

Pro-Bowl

Philip Rivers 84
Mike Vick 83
Matt Hasselbeck 82
Jeff Garcia 81
Kerry Collins 80
Jake Delhomme 80
Joe Flacco 79

Starters
Alex Smith 78
Marcus Mariota 77
Jameis Winston 77
Blake Bortles 75
Jake Cutler 75
Matt Stafford 75
Colin Kaepernick 72 (81 under Harbaugh)

Game Managers/ Rookies
Trent Dilfer 69
Jeff George 69
Jared Goff 68
Brandon Weeden 67
Kyle Orton 67
Matt Flynn 66
Johnny Manziel 65

Rookies/ Bench/ Bust

Garrett Grayson 64
Brady Quinn 64
Ryan Leaf 64
Carson Wentz 64

Just bad
No need to call anyone out here

The same can for any position. The beauty of it is, each individual player is unique. Even though I have Joe Montana as a 97, people are probably going to want to play with a lower rated Mike Vick more, because his attributes are made up but his athleticism, arm strength, and quickness. Where as Joe is going to use his incredible accuracy, awareness (intelligence), and pocket mobility to get him to his 97 over all rating.

I don't know what the community thinks, but I think it is time that Madden starts taking the greats into consideration when rating current players, and have that 90 plus rating mean something. When Chris Johnson received his 99 overall rating in madden 11, I feel that is equivalent to saying that he is this best running back to play the game. He is up there with Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton. Instead of having a log jam of talent in the high 90's, I want to see that spot saved for the greats and future hall of famers. Once again, not to play politics, but I feel like this years madden only had a handful of players worth a 94 plus rating.

JJ Watt, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, and a few others that could be argued into this list.

I just want to one standard roster for years and years, and I want madden to hold player ratings not just to current players, but to every player that has ever played the game.

Last edited by Allball76; 03-05-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

check these out need signature running animation , pass release , pass rush move

https://youtu.be/Au6VjiwTGUI

https://youtu.be/oEgI0NGbD4I

Last edited by Allball76; 03-02-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
Rookie

I absolutely agree that there needs to be more signature moves and different styles for different players, especially those transcendent talents (Watt, Vick, Revis, etc.).

On topic of the overalls, that goes back to the debate between our current system and the FIFA-esque systems where players in Franchise modes top out around 85-90 with anything higher being saved for those once in a lifetime talent.

Personally, I don't mind either way. OVR isn't always the best indicator of talent, and provided that EA is consistent with the ratings, I'm fine. Though the liberal application of the coveted 99 mark seems a little silly to me, it does show that the player is an absolute force on the field. At least in CFM, I feel a little bit of pride in finally getting one of my drafted players all the way up to a mid-high 90s OVR.

The inclusion of Legends and HOFers also goes back to the issue that many of them are not members of the NFLPA, which complicates matters. Though I would love to see HOF rosters or at least iconic teams. Somehow seems to be a missed opportunity for some awesome showdowns that wouldn't be possible in real-life (Legion of Boom v. The Steel Curtain).
Old 03-05-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

It more there all bunch so they all play similar! i say most players are rated from 70-99 on a 0-100 scale but now where not using the whole scale right? players should be from 40 to 89-91 . 2k5 football ratings was something like this ! then at this point a avg starting QB should be around 64-70 and a pro bowler in that 84-91 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Tortilla
I absolutely agree that there needs to be more signature moves and different styles for different players, especially those transcendent talents (Watt, Vick, Revis, etc.).

On topic of the overalls, that goes back to the debate between our current system and the FIFA-esque systems where players in Franchise modes top out around 85-90 with anything higher being saved for those once in a lifetime talent.

Personally, I don't mind either way. OVR isn't always the best indicator of talent, and provided that EA is consistent with the ratings, I'm fine. Though the liberal application of the coveted 99 mark seems a little silly to me, it does show that the player is an absolute force on the field. At least in CFM, I feel a little bit of pride in finally getting one of my drafted players all the way up to a mid-high 90s OVR.

The inclusion of Legends and HOFers also goes back to the issue that many of them are not members of the NFLPA, which complicates matters. Though I would love to see HOF rosters or at least iconic teams. Somehow seems to be a missed opportunity for some awesome showdowns that wouldn't be possible in real-life (Legion of Boom v. The Steel Curtain).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Just to play devil's advocate here, the entire point spectrum (0-99) SHOULD not be used. There will be a point when a player is too poor to be on any team. I think that cutoff in our current system is ~65 (at least in CFM). Anyone worse than that will need to have some serious development or standout traits to make up for their other deficiencies. You can think of our (the American) grading system that is technically on a 0-100 scale, although only 60-100 is used as anything else is known to be failure, and thus redundant.

Again the point I will make with regards to overalls are the consistency. I'd rather have one system and be annoyed with it than have them going back and forth every other year, that'd just piss me off. At least we know where EA stands on their current rankings system, and it's always possible they make a switch towards a more FIFA-esque system.

The lack of variation in player's personal and positional styles is a disappointment. It needs improvement, though if you check on some of the coaching scheme and slider threads you can get some animations that are rare otherwise that may spice up your game. That being said, it is an issue that we don't see any difference between runners like Lynch and Blount, who have a lower, bruising running style, and those such as Charles and McCoy who run a bit more upright. It does break immersion.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

To be honest I like too see 2 things We must push for simulation mode . One big reason is sometime we adjust rosters to the engine .And there to many patches we just need a simulation mode and arcade mode and normal mode .with simulation mode we can have our pass inaccuracy and no suction tackles and agresive catches all not nurfed ! Then next Go all traits witch won't happen becuse MUT is base on rating # and makes way too much money . So just add more traits and signature moves ,pass relese animations !
Old 03-06-2016, 02:23 AM   #8
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

MUT ratings will never be realistic, some cards are made just for fun (EX: the 99 Tebow is from the "Campus Heroes" set so he's 99 because of how good he was in college plus he's a well liked player).

You'll see several variations of cards because there are tons of sets and other things to keep MUT fresh, some players also get rewarded with better cards for performing well the in the regular or post season.

Players aren't meant to be scaled to others (EX: if Elway is a 95 then there's still a chance for guys like Tebow to get higher OVR cards).

Think of it like moments cards in NBA 2K MyTeam, is Kemba Walker better than Michael Jordan? No, but Kemba has a "moments" card which is a 96OVR from when he had a very good game, and MJ has a 1988 "DPoY" card which is a 95OVR. MJ also has a 99OVR card from his peak in 1996 while Kemba Walker has his normal card that's an 83OVR

You'll also never see a year to year MUT. Ever. MUT has one objective and one objective only, and that's to make money. Everyone keeping their good cards = less money, however everyone having to start over from scratch and buy new cards = way more money. Ultimate Team made EA $650 million, there's zero chance they give that up.

Edit: MUT is mainly a fantasy type thing, EA isn't really worried in making it sim, it's just for fun.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 03-06-2016 at 03:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »