Home

Dramatic Drive Goals

This is a discussion on Dramatic Drive Goals within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dramatic Drive Goals

I just read about them so far, but they seem like a horrendous idea. Any way we can turn them off? Or is the next patch going to remove it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Dramatic Drive Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra
I just read about them so far, but they seem like a horrendous idea. Any way we can turn them off? Or is the next patch going to remove it?
They're completely optional, (no penalty for missing them) so you can ignore them if you like. You can also turn off the visual feedback of them in the options, making it even easier to ignore.

The bug causing players ratings to shoot skyhigh when completing them is likely to be fixed in the next patch, but the feature won't be removed completely.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

They aren't that bad actually. You don't have to do them, but if you happen to do it, it's nice to get the xp boost. For example, getting an interception or converting first downs to deal a game. It's stuff you'd do anyway, why not get xp for it.

But as above said, they can be turned off.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

True, but if you have a different plan in mind (like if you want to run in rather than get that third pass in a row), then they're just annoying.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #5
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
I actually kind of like them. It's like hot streaks for players based on how well they are doing in that game. You can turn the feedback off but the goals are still there. I would be shocked if these are removed, probably be tuned but that's about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
True, but if you have a different plan in mind (like if you want to run in rather than get that third pass in a row), then they're just annoying.
Then turn off the feedback and don't do them. I have the feedback on but it doesn't stop me running my game like I want to.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I use them to break out of usual play calling habits and ignore any that don't make sense (closing out a game and get a '3-receptions to my #1 WR' for example).

Some are spot on though, in a rut and get a 'sustain a 2 minute drive' or 'get 2 first downs', etc.

I like them, and really when your team is already down not being able to get a first down or two shouldn't be a drive goal that has no consequences IMO. Same with keeping your defense on the bench for 2 minutes when you're getting routed. Then let individual player attributes manage that adversity (some rising to the occasion, others wallowing - unless there are leaders among the players to mitigate that).

Could be a lot more of a meta game IMO, but confidence feels fairly heavy handed/basic. After being too harsh last year we lost most of the negatives.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Like I said, I only read about them, and the review made them seem like they were almost necessary. Thanks for clearing it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »