Home

Full body 3D scans.

This is a discussion on Full body 3D scans. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1
Full body 3D scans.

EA sports have used full head and body scans for mma fighters in their UFC games in the past. Is it time for them to take that next step in player likeness for their Madden franchise? With so many different body types in the NFL, I think with this addition to their presentation, they would deliver something truly breathtaking to not just play but also watch.

Has anyone heard of this being a possibility for Madden 17? Is this request something that would blow their budget? Can it be that much more expensive than getting the players head scans only? Have they done this for only certain players already? And is this something anyone else would like to see added to their game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Full body 3D scans.

It would be pretty sweet. So many players on each team though, I mean they don't have to get everyone of them, but still seems like a huge task. Probably would be more data than simple headscans, but hell I don't know. I'm all for it, but idk if Tiburon/EA would be willing to go the distance.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #3
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It would be pretty sweet. So many players on each team though, I mean they don't have to get everyone of them, but still seems like a huge task. Probably would be more data than simple headscans, but hell I don't know. I'm all for it, but idk if Tiburon/EA would be willing to go the distance.
Yeah I didn't even think about data. I'm curious to know roughly just how much more data that would take and if they would even have enough room to fit it. Hmm good point.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

It would be a step up definitely but I don't know how practical it would be. UFC 2 has something like 250+ fighters? Trying to bump that up to somewhere around 2-3000 players would be a hell of a jump. Also with all the issues they seem to want to avoid with tattoos it might make things more complicated. But I think they could definitely benefit from maybe doing this for a bunch of different body types and applying them to the players head scans.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #5
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It would be a step up definitely but I don't know how practical it would be. UFC 2 has something like 250+ fighters? Trying to bump that up to somewhere around 2-3000 players would be a hell of a jump. Also with all the issues they seem to want to avoid with tattoos it might make things more complicated. But I think they could definitely benefit from maybe doing this for a bunch of different body types and applying them to the players head scans.
I never understood that whole copyright infringement of tatoos. That's bs because you own your skin. Your skin is your property. If an artist wants to do work on a canvas and he chooses someone's skin as that canvas, he should also give that person the permission to do what he sees fit with it. The U.S. needs to fix that in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
I never understood that whole copyright infringement of tatoos. That's bs because you own your skin. Your skin is your property. If an artist wants to do work on a canvas and he chooses someone's skin as that canvas, he should also give that person the permission to do what he sees fit with it. The U.S. needs to fix that in my opinion.
Yeah it all stems from the Ricky Williams lawsuit. This is a good article covering it and basically states that copyrights are very friendly to the artist and that the problem essentially comes from the game creating their own copy of someone's art and that's where the issue lies.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:38 PM   #7
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Full body scans would be sweet but how about just making a tool to morph bodies kinda like WWE2k has. Let the community do the work. I have WWE2k and some of the body morphing is pretty good compared to their counterpartS.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #8
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm pretty certain disk space isn't an issue on XBONE/PS4 as the current footprint is less than a quarter of a bluray if I recall correctly. Would be an issue on last-gen, but it's clear that EA doesn't treat that as a major concern anymore.

Biggest issue would be cost and time of doing scans for all players. There could also be an issue with performance (22 bodies, not 2!) as Madden probably uses some tricks to minimise memory use, and that may be keyed to a limited number of body models.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »