Home

Alright, let's try to bring it to Oakland (or LA, if I move)

This is a discussion on Alright, let's try to bring it to Oakland (or LA, if I move) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Alright, let's try to bring it to Oakland (or LA, if I move)

Yep, I'm going to try and bring the Raiders out of the gutter it's been in since 2003. But trying to improve the worst team in the game will be no easy task.

In a quick look at the team I have, I figure that it has a lot of holes to fill to just be respectable. When your kicker has the best OVR on your team, the team has problems.

So what are some good tips when trying to drag a team from worst to first?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Alright, let's try to bring it to Oakland (or LA, if I move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra
Yep, I'm going to try and bring the Raiders out of the gutter it's been in since 2003. But trying to improve the worst team in the game will be no easy task.

In a quick look at the team I have, I figure that it has a lot of holes to fill to just be respectable. When your kicker has the best OVR on your team, the team has problems.

I mean, it depends on what iteration of the game you're playing, Mack has had the top rating the last two years.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

not even close to worse team in the game

ever used the Browns before...
Old 05-30-2016, 11:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
not even close to worse team in the game

ever used the Browns before...
I guess using the 75 man roster instead of the active roster makes a difference, since the Browns are at 83 OVR with that. The Raiders are at 77 OVR.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:34 PM   #5
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I guess using the 75 man roster instead of the active roster makes a difference, since the Browns are at 83 OVR with that. The Raiders are at 77 OVR.

IMO overall ratings don't mean anything in sports games pick the Browns then pick the raiders and tell me who is better lol AWR raises overalls but Carr, Murray, cooper on offense against mccown, Crowell, Hawkins lol I laughed typing that bc that's the best wr on team before the draft
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 02:28 AM   #6
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

It won't be rocket science to rebuild your team. The Raiders have a lot of great pieces. Carr, Murray, Cooper and Mack are all franchise caliber pieces with quality role players in the mix as well. The Raiders have a lot of money to spend too. Just use basic principles. Draft well and generally look for best player available. Look for free agents who can contribute right away without squandering your financial flexibility. If a big fish like Dez Bryant comes along, preserve your ability to go after them relentlessly. Try to find some complimentary targets for Carr, including a TE. You need to draft at least two CB's and one safety within the next two years who can contend for starting time. Try to develop your OL.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:29 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

the raiders have an option at qb and some other pieces, the only thing the browns have is 80% of an oline, a FS and CB#1

thats why my second franchise, my challenge, is the browns. however given the draft i think cleveland in M17 will be better and my vote for the poorish roster will be the 9ers

kelly will screw up any qb thats left, he wont use hyde and the other backs to their best, the oline is a challenge, the receiving corps flaky, the cbs pants, the dline fledgeling and the lbers down to 1 very good and rest meh. all the defence will be gassed because if kelly goes no huddle they will be on the field too much

i prefer the GM to the coach
Old 05-31-2016, 08:26 AM   #8
Rookie

Playing the Raiders my self in 2023.

Mack has been a beast for the whole run, but finally had to trade him when salary cap became a problem. At 32, he wanted a 4 year/50M contract, so I got something for him while I could.

Hudson has been a great C

I just cut the P
King as he was regressing badly. Cooper the WR is the only other original. Was a fun rebuild....no cakewalk by any means.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »