Home

Pick My Team - Madden 17 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Pick My Team - Madden 17 Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
Rookie

iMaverickHD's Arena

OVR: 0
Pick My Team - Madden 17 Franchise Mode

Pick My Team

Good evening people! I am sure a lot of people are deep into their Franchises by now but unfortunately I am not. I have had the game for just under two weeks and Franchise is the mode I primarily play. Usually I have a team in mind before I physically have the game however in this case I didn't.

Why don't you control the team you support? i.e Saints? Well this is the problem. I have done that many Saints Franchises of the past so many years that I want to mix it up as its become very repetitive. I just can not get immersed into a Franchise. I have also tried with the Bills, 49ers, Steelers, Browns and Redskins.

For obvious reasons, I could never control the Falcons or Panthers

Any suggestions for teams would be great followed by some reasons why I should select them etc! If anyone else is in the same boat as me then feel free to request a team as well and hopefully people can help you out too!

Last edited by iMaverickHD; 09-15-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pick My Team - Madden 17 Franchise Mode

Why not do a fantasy draft with the Saints? Before they moved I couldn't be anyone but the Rams so I get the struggle. Fantasy draft always helped mix things up. Or sim 10 years into the future and see where the team is, go from there.

Or you could just go Chargers. They're fun.

EDIT: Should probably give a reason for Chargers. Whelp, on offense they're pretty similar to the Saints with solid receiving weapons across the board, a not great OL, and a young RB that nobody is quite sure if he's good or not. On Defense it's mostly garbage(like the saints) but with some young studs in Verett and Bosa. Solid LB options too like Te'o, Perryman, and a pass rusher like Ingram. Don't remember 100% if Saints are 4-3 or 3-4, but the Chargers are 3-4 on D so that could potentially be a fun change of pace.

Last edited by KENTASHIRO; 09-15-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:11 PM   #3
Rookie

iMaverickHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTASHIRO
Why not do a fantasy draft with the Saints? Before they moved I couldn't be anyone but the Rams so I get the struggle. Fantasy draft always helped mix things up. Or sim 10 years into the future and see where the team is, go from there.

Or you could just go Chargers. They're fun.

EDIT: Should probably give a reason for Chargers. Whelp, on offense they're pretty similar to the Saints with solid receiving weapons across the board, a not great OL, and a young RB that nobody is quite sure if he's good or not. On Defense it's mostly garbage(like the saints) but with some young studs in Verett and Bosa. Solid LB options too like Te'o, Perryman, and a pass rusher like Ingram. Don't remember 100% if Saints are 4-3 or 3-4, but the Chargers are 3-4 on D so that could potentially be a fun change of pace.
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of simming 10 years into the future and going from there with the Saints. That would truly be a challenge as obviously Brees will be gone and Brandin Cooks will be at the end of his tether, if he is even there at all. I think I'm going to give that a try. Life after Brees, time too see how it will go.

Would there be a way to track who has won the Super Bowl during the 10 years sim?

Last edited by iMaverickHD; 09-15-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Not that I know of, pretty sure you would just have to sim to offseason and check the news feed to see who won. Definitely something I don't much like about Madden, but that's been an issue with them for years.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:28 PM   #5
Rookie

iMaverickHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTASHIRO
Not that I know of, pretty sure you would just have to sim to offseason and check the news feed to see who won. Definitely something I don't much like about Madden, but that's been an issue with them for years.
Just simmed the first 10 seasons and turns out the Saints won the latest Super Bowl. The team they have put together is actually insane. 94 Overall QB, 96 Rated TE, two 90+ MLB's and literally every position is at least high 80 rated. Not surprising they just won the Super Bowl. There is literally no weakspots. Of course they are all generated players...with the exception of Brandin Cooks!! Guy stayed loyal. Took over as Head Coach looking to continue winning with them.

With that being a bit of fun I have opted too run a Houston Texans Franchise as my main one. I like them as a team and think they are a few small pieces away from going deep in the playoffs. Should enjoy both of these Franchises! Thanks

Last edited by iMaverickHD; 09-15-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #6
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Bears: need a QB, legit starting RB, we depth, and the defensive overhaul needs to continue., and their division is tough. They have a plethora of uniform options as well.

Lions: Stafford or find your guy?, need offensive talent in general, but have a few weapons in place. The defense needs revamped, in a tough division and cool uniforms.

Chargers: have some pieces in place to contend year 1, cool uniforms, need a QB for future , TE, wrs, RB, and defensive overhaul.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

iMaverickHD's Arena

Thanks for the additional options! I have always fancied a Bears one, just never pulled the trigger.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well the most challenging team might be the Browns. There are giant holes all over their roster. They do have a lot of cap room and draft picks though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »