Home

6 False Starts in 9 Plays?? (Offline Franchise)

This is a discussion on 6 False Starts in 9 Plays?? (Offline Franchise) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
6 False Starts in 9 Plays?? (Offline Franchise)

Panthers (me) playing the Raiders (CPU), custom playbooks from Sabo on PS4, Armor's slider set, 2 profiles using the offline franchise 3rd-string QB workaround for custom CPU playbooks.

Only thing different from this game in how I usually play is I decided to try the "slow" speed for the supersim plays in the broadcast camera to actually watch the plays happen. Then this happens (problems start at 1:10 mark):

Play-by-play transcript:

3rd & 4 - Pass for 9 yards. First Down.

1st & 10 - Run for 5 yards
2nd & 5 - False Start
2nd & 10 - False Start
2nd & 15 - Pass for 6 yards
3rd & 9 - (User moment) Pass for 11 yards. First Down.

1st & 10 - FS
1st & 15 - FS
1st & 20 - QB option for -3 yards.
2nd & 23 - FS
2nd & 28 - FS
2nd & 33 - Pass for 25 yard gain. Kelvin Benjamin injured on the play.
3rd & 9...

At this point, I had had enough of what I was seeing and wasn't about to let my #1 get injured on a play following the mess that ensued beforehand, so I quit the game... although thinking rationally now, I probably should've kept going to see how long it lasted like that, but rage waits for no rational thought so here we are.

Anyone have this issue as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 6 False Starts in 9 Plays?? (Offline Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Panthers (me) playing the Raiders (CPU), custom playbooks from Sabo on PS4, Armor's slider set, 2 profiles using the offline franchise 3rd-string QB workaround for custom CPU playbooks.

Only thing different from this game in how I usually play is I decided to try the "slow" speed for the supersim plays in the broadcast camera to actually watch the plays happen. Then this happens (problems start at 1:10 mark):

Play-by-play transcript:

3rd & 4 - Pass for 9 yards. First Down.

1st & 10 - Run for 5 yards
2nd & 5 - False Start
2nd & 10 - False Start
2nd & 15 - Pass for 6 yards
3rd & 9 - (User moment) Pass for 11 yards. First Down.

1st & 10 - FS
1st & 15 - FS
1st & 20 - QB option for -3 yards.
2nd & 23 - FS
2nd & 28 - FS
2nd & 33 - Pass for 25 yard gain. Kelvin Benjamin injured on the play.
3rd & 9...

At this point, I had had enough of what I was seeing and wasn't about to let my #1 get injured on a play following the mess that ensued beforehand, so I quit the game... although thinking rationally now, I probably should've kept going to see how long it lasted like that, but rage waits for no rational thought so here we are.

It`s not an issue man. Just lower False start penalties if you are not comfortable with the amount. You can have 6 on 10 plays and then you can play a whole game with a single one.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #3
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Two years ago the problem was that there was no penalties at all.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #4
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Yea, the 2010-2011 Cowboys . . .

A weird run of events happening in one game in a season is not a problem, nor is necessarily in response to anything you have changed in the game. That is called football (or, as far as EA/Madden is concerned, based on the "die rolls" for that particular game). You roll the dice often enough, and you can roll sevens 12 times in a row.

Now, if you have this issue happen 3-4 games in a row, yes, that is something to bring to people's attention.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 09-12-2016 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:04 AM   #5
Rookie

I had this exact same problem in cpu v cpu offline cfm. I had two situations of 3rd down and 40 and 50 . I had false start set to 55 and had to lower it to 35 and havent seen it happen since. I now see more neutral zone infractions to balance out false starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
It`s not an issue man. Just lower False start penalties if you are not comfortable with the amount. You can have 6 on 10 plays and then you can play a whole game with a single one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Two years ago the problem was that there was no penalties at all.
I think the point here is being missed.

My issue isn't the fact these penalties happen. I'm not complaining I was penalized. What I'm wondering is why everytime, the false starts happen back to back, then a play is run, back to back false starts, then another play, then another back to back false starts in NINE straight plays.

My issue is with it seeming like the sim engine is trying to manufacture a big moment with penalties in an unnatural manner. False start, false start, play, false start, false start, play.

I'm trying to understand WHY it happened in this specific manner.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
I think the point here is being missed.

My issue isn't the fact these penalties happen. I'm not complaining I was penalized. What I'm wondering is why everytime, the false starts happen back to back, then a play is run, back to back false starts, then another play, then another back to back false starts in NINE straight plays.

My issue is with it seeming like the sim engine is trying to manufacture a big moment with penalties in an unnatural manner. False start, false start, play, false start, false start, play.

I'm trying to understand WHY it happened in this specific manner.
Random chance

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #8
Rookie

I dont believe this to be random chance. I was going to post this about my '16 game. Was only about 8 games into the first season of offline cfm and hit this glitch. It happened 2 games in a row, and made it unplayable. Not sure if there was a last minute tuner update in July that broke something...

I had the same thing, they literally backed themselves up to the goaline like 1 and 45, then I got a safety. Next posession...same thing. Seemed they only ran the passing plays, and they were short passes so they didn't change their play calling to try and cover a 30 yard first down. Finished that game, as it happened towards last half of 4th quarter. Shut Xbox One off, came back to play another game had the same issue. Running 12 minute quarters I played 30 minutes and only went through 6 minutes of game play. Shut it off, never started it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »