Home

Intentional grounding

This is a discussion on Intentional grounding within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Intentional grounding

Has anyone seen one yet? The CPU throws about 5 per game yet they never get called and now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen one in 50+ hours of gameplay.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 02:46 AM   #2
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Intentional grounding

Nope. Ref doesn't call it. QB AI just throws it away when they're still in the tackle box and nothing gets called. Tweeted to Rex with videos several times, but he hasn't acknowledged it yet. Not sure if it's just something they're letting go so that QB's can be more challenging since, with the lack of IG, they don't have to get out of the pocket to throw it away.

Hopefully it gets fixed because it's really annoying.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:54 AM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger deal tbh. It's jarring and you lose immersion when the QB just turns to the side 3 yards behind the center and chucks it directly out of bounds. They really need to patch the QB traits/AI in general. The gameplay around the QB is much improved that it sticks out.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:58 AM   #4
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I'm surprised this isn't a bigger deal tbh. It's jarring and you lose immersion when the QB just turns to the side 3 yards behind the center and chucks it directly out of bounds. They really need to patch the QB traits/AI in general. The gameplay around the QB is much improved that it sticks out.
Agreed. I've seen several EA Game Changers stream the game, have them happen to them, and they say nothing about it when they're critiquing other parts of the game. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does concern me that problem might not be a top concern when it should be. Next patch is supposed to be a huge one, so we'll see (hopefully) soon enough.

Edit: Just had it happen to me in this Franchise game I'm playing. So frustrating.

Last edited by Lexicon; 09-12-2016 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Added note
Old 09-12-2016, 05:17 AM   #5
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I didn't realize this was actually an issue, but thinking about it now, I've definitely gotten away with throwing some balls away while in the pocket where I was pretty sure I'd be called for IG but didn't.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

I haven't seen an intentional grounding call but I did see the CPU get called for an illegal forward pass. Qb crossed the line when he released.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Agreed. I've seen several EA Game Changers stream the game, have them happen to them, and they say nothing about it when they're critiquing other parts of the game. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does concern me that problem might not be a top concern when it should be. Next patch is supposed to be a huge one, so we'll see (hopefully) soon enough.

Edit: Just had it happen to me in this Franchise game I'm playing. So frustrating.
I think it means something. I've seen them criticize things that are trivial, technical issues like clipping which are problems in every video game ever made so youd think theyd point out this. I remember when I last messed with sliders/played madden a ton, CPU QB taking sacks was a huge issue. Your RE would lead the league in sacks because the QB AI was so bad and would always take sacks. Seems like they combated this with simply removing a penalty.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

The explanation I've heard is that the throwaway typically targets a receiver so the game recognizes it as a high throw towards a receiver and is thus not IG. Do with that what you will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »