Home

Madden NFL 17: Five Connected Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: Five Connected Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 17: Five Connected Franchise Tips

There are a lot of new features in Connected Franchise this year, if you've noticed.

Madden 17 brings a more in-depth franchise experience to the table this year. It forces you to think more like an actual NFL coach or general manager in order to preserve your franchise on a long-term basis.

If you're new to Madden's CFM, or are curious how to make the most out of your franchise experience, I'll attempt to help you as best I can. In all honesty, it takes a lot to screw this up...

Read More - Madden NFL 17: Five Connected Franchise Tips
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have an offline franchise going with a friend,but can't figure out how to sim games from league schedule page allowing each of us to see weekly results simultaneously.any help would be great
Old 08-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
I am in a 12 man league at work, we do this thing where we all pick a team and let the AI fantasy draft our rosters. It makes the game pretty fun.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
One clarification with #2. I found out it is acceptable to skip training. In doing so, it randomizes the outcome for your players. Of course based on the drill the CPU determined was most useful for that week. Was very glad to see this as I really didn't want to have to deal with tedious training.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head420chico
I have an offline franchise going with a friend,but can't figure out how to sim games from league schedule page allowing each of us to see weekly results simultaneously.any help would be great
It is not possible. Unfortunately that is an oversight on the Madden teams side. Used to love that option back in the PS2 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 01:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 17: Five Connected Franchise Tips

Unless I am missing something, the practice squad seems to be rather useless. How do they develop? Do they receive some kind of fixed amount of xp or something?
Old 08-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17: Five Connected Franchise Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Unless I am missing something, the practice squad seems to be rather useless. How do they develop? Do they receive some kind of fixed amount of xp or something?
In the practice stuff, I think you can choose 3 players to specifically progress and they can be PS members. Also, I think the drills SP includes positions highlighted by the drill, including PS squad members at those positions. So I think it is possible to gain XP for PS, but the overall XP system is unrealistic and greatly reduces the the realism of a PS. If I am wrong, then maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

I would have to disagree with Chris and his view that M17 forces you to think more like a Coach or GM. It really forces you to think more like an arcade game like Fallout, Skyrim, Might & Magic or any other RPG. For this reason I have disliked CCM/CFM from it's conception.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
In the practice stuff, I think you can choose 3 players to specifically progress and they can be PS members. Also, I think the drills SP includes positions highlighted by the drill, including PS squad members at those positions. So I think it is possible to gain XP for PS, but the overall XP system is unrealistic and greatly reduces the the realism of a PS. If I am wrong, then maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

I would have to disagree with Chris and his view that M17 forces you to think more like a Coach or GM. It really forces you to think more like an arcade game like Fallout, Skyrim, Might & Magic or any other RPG. For this reason I have disliked CCM/CFM from it's conception.
It's perfect In that way imo when coaching you have to put time in (xp) to individual players to see them accell they either have to play or practice to do this. If I'm a dline coach that's my specialty iand the dline that I'm coaching will benefit from this... That to me is like coaching. Either way you don't have to do any of that stuff you could sim it and let the cpu do and work the numbers however they want and spend the xp how they want. Kinda like the old system would do this way at least we have a say in who develops or does what. Not left up the the random cpu r

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »