Home

Free agency signing and resigning

This is a discussion on Free agency signing and resigning within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Free agency signing and resigning

Is starting at the "fair deal" the best or most realistic way to do it? Or do you guys go as low as you can? I don't want to easily get a team of great players, I want realistic. I've always started at the fair deal as the lowest I can go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Free agency signing and resigning

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
Is starting at the "fair deal" the best or most realistic way to do it? Or do you guys go as low as you can? I don't want to easily get a team of great players, I want realistic. I've always started at the fair deal as the lowest I can go.

I don't think I've ever been able to sign for anyone under the fair deal price, actually. Maybe, 1 player, maybe. I tried it a few times, and they never took it. So, I just decided if I def wanted to keep the player and the price was ok, I would just up the salary and/or bonus a little on the first offer, and they normally sign. And, if the fair price was too much for the player's value, I didn't bother offering anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I always start with the fair deal and if that doesn't work try bumping up until I get to a point of thinking that i'm overspending.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I experimented around with this one time. I bought the "DB Re-sign Influence Coaching Package", then went and proposed a contract to Kam Chancellor that was a tad under the fair deal price and he immediately decided to cut off negotiations and test free agency.

Needless to say I don't make a habit of going under the fair deal price tag much when it comes to re-signing a guy I want to keep. Now in actual free agency I have signed several guys under the fair price tag. They were mainly role players who I knew I could get cheap, guys in the high 60's and 70's who had particular skill sets I liked but low overalls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »