Home

Target Passing In SIM Mode

This is a discussion on Target Passing In SIM Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should target passing in Sim Mode be tuned to take into account QB's accuracy att?
Yes 100 90.09%
No 11 9.91%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
Okay, pal. Whatever you say. Obviously you know everything. Good for you. Must feel nice to only allow for yourself to be right despite a complete lack of experience with what you're already complaining about.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Why are you so against having ratings matter?

You say that it is super hard already, that's the only reason?

Let's say it was super easy and you could complete every single pass, even with a kicker as QB. Would you care about ratings mattering then?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiied
Why are you so against having ratings matter?

You say that it is super hard already, that's the only reason?

Let's say it was super easy and you could complete every single pass, even with a kicker as QB. Would you care about ratings mattering then?

No I'm not against ratings matter. I'm against railing against a mechanic before you play it. I guarantee the majority of users won't even use target passing because it's difficult. I don't like preemptive complaining. It's like all the twitter users complaining already about OP jukes and things like that. Remember how good 17 was at launch last year? Then people had complaints, they patched it, and it ruined the game. I don't want the same thing to happen here.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
I honestly don't care and if it turns into a problem, then it's fair to want it adjusted. My issue is that most of you haven't even played yet. You have no idea how difficult it is. You can't even move the QB while doing it. He will literally be stuck in place while using the mechanic. My issue is you already complaining about something you haven't used. It's like complaining about the spread at a buffet while you're still in the car.

I am voting for ratings to matter because, in my opinion, it is a design flaw when it comes to simulation mode.

Apple announced that their phone would no longer have an earphone jack and almost everyone hated that design. Did you think that everyone who was against this design needed to use the phone first to have an opinion?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
No I'm not against ratings matter. I'm against railing against a mechanic before you play it. I guarantee the majority of users won't even use target passing because it's difficult. I don't like preemptive complaining. It's like all the twitter users complaining already about OP jukes and things like that. Remember how good 17 was at launch last year? Then people had complaints, they patched it, and it ruined the game. I don't want the same thing to happen here.

Ratings mattering will not ruin the game though. It will make it harder for a third string QB to complete his passes because he is not as accurate as the first string QB.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Ratings mattering will not ruin the game though. It will make it harder for a third string QB to complete his passes because he is not as accurate as the first string QB.

Okay. You guys win.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #54
MVP

Target Passing In SIM Mode

I would have thought that with the three game styles, Target Passing would have acted differently in each mode.

Arcade - No ratings drop for low accuracy, a red icon showing where you should place the ball based on where the WR is running.

Competitive - No ratings drop for low accuracy, no guideline.

Sim - Ratings drop for low accuracy, no guideline.

But I'm gathering that it's the exact same in all modes correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I would have thought that with the three game styles, Target Passing would have acted differently in each mode.

Arcade - No ratings drop for low accuracy, a red icon showing where you should place the ball based on where the WR is running.

Competitive - No ratings drop for low accuracy, no guideline.

Sim - Ratings drop for low accuracy, no guideline.

But I'm gathering that it's the exact same in all modes correct?

That could be a solution.

I'd like AWR to play into in sim mode instead.

High QB awareness - See the guideline.

Med QB awareness - squigly guideline like the routes in Ncaa 14 when the QB was affected by home field advantage.

Low QB awarness - no guideline, or possible wrong guideline( like the qb forgot the route).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
That could be a solution.

I'd like AWR to play into in sim mode instead.

High QB awareness - See the guideline.

Med QB awareness - squigly guideline like the routes in Ncaa 14 when the QB was affected by home field advantage.

Low QB awarness - no guideline, or possible wrong guideline( like the qb forgot the route).

I thought a bigger/smaller circle would be good for accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »