Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

This is a discussion on Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 08-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
I don't understand why people still try to play on All-Madden. We've known for what, 15 years that the CPU blatantly cheats? And that your own players are dumbed down? How is that fun or realistic?
Ego stroking, that is all it is. People do that with every game they play, put it on the hardest difficulty right off the bat. Crazy thing is people play All Madden but then dumb down the CPU side with sliders. To me if you doing all that, then might as well just play on All Pro, because essentially that is what you are doing when you dumbing down the CPU side.

But hey different strokes for different folks. Your money, your time, play the game the way you want to play it. Just seem like this thread is made every year, at least 5 times a year every time a new sports game comes out.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #18
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
I don't understand why people still try to play on All-Madden. We've known for what, 15 years that the CPU blatantly cheats? And that your own players are dumbed down? How is that fun or realistic?
Everyone has different skill levels(Seems like I been saying this for the past 7-8 years already). There's guys like myself who easily blow the CPU out on default All-Madden. Yeah the CPU gets a little boost but if you know what you are doing you'll have no trouble scoring and stopping the CPU on default All-Madden. In my opinion the USER gets a boost on All-Pro with how easy it is to do whatever you want against them. I personally have to boost the sliders on All-Madden to get a challenge. To each his own. I just don't like when I see people talking like it's impossible to beat or smash the CPU on All-Madden.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #19
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ego stroking, that is all it is. People do that with every game they play, put it on the hardest difficulty right off the bat. Crazy thing is people play All Madden but then dumb down the CPU side with sliders. To me if you doing all that, then might as well just play on All Pro, because essentially that is what you are doing when you dumbing down the CPU side.

But hey different strokes for different folks. Your money, your time, play the game the way you want to play it. Just seem like this thread is made every year, at least 5 times a year every time a new sports game comes out.
I don't play all-madden to "stroke my ego". I could care less what people thought. I don't play online or competitively, just CFM. My goal isn't to just make it difficult, it's to make it as realistic as possible. If I don't feel it's as realistic on all-pro, I will try to find a difficulty that is closest and tweak.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just got the game a few hours ago and played an exhibition with my Dolphins against the Bills. Played on All-Madden in m17 so did the same with M18 today & did a simulation game after putting together most of what would be my custom playbook. I love gun Trips-TE and similar formations.

Holy crap was I throwing a TON of interceptions today and my QB accuracy was WAY off on quite a few throws. I've only played one game so far with 10 minute quarters to get a feel for it, but it'll definitely take some getting used to.

I'll stick with it a little longer but offense seems tougher on M18 vs. CPU on all-Madden difficulty compared to M17.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #21
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

In the same dilemma as many of you but idk this all madden has really been grinding my gears lately

Played about 6 games on all madden and it's not looking to great.... I get a kick blocked once a game literally.... little to no pass rush

And this at least 4 times a game

Last edited by UravenzownU; 08-25-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathteachernerd1968
I just got the game a few hours ago and played an exhibition with my Dolphins against the Bills.
LOL Did you lose?
Old 08-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's ridiculous.

The QB inaccuracy is making me SMH in amazement.

Just horrible.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #24
Big Baller Brand

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
What do most people play on and why?
I play on All-Madden because All-Pro is too boring. I don't want to brag or anything but All-Pro offers no challenge at all, losing isn't even a thought on that difficulty. To be honest, All-Madden isn't that hard either. You just need to learn the CPUs tendencies and what plays to call.

No matter the difficulty the AI will still come out in Cover 0 and press Julio Jones with an 80ovr CB. You've just got to outsmart them. The other team just changed their formation? Audible your play too. They changed it back? You change back too.

On All-Madden you'll noticeably get a very poor pass rush. If you send a blitz they'll block enough players to stop it so it's best to just stay in coverage. Stopping the run isn't too bad but you have to come out in the right personnel or you'll get gutted. The CPU is also very dangerous with jukes, no matter the defender I've noticed the CPU has a 100% success rate when using juke moves.

It helps a lot to user a LB, the CPU is very good at finding holes in coverage so you have to take away as much of the field as possible.

Minimizing mistakes is key. The CPU isn't going to drop that 50/50 interception, so you have to keep your players out of those situations. I notice people talk about DB super speed and CBs coming from across the field for picks, and no offense but I believe those people just aren't as skilled as they think they are at the game. You have to know what plays to run and when to run them, you have to be able to recognize coverages and know what plays take advantage of those coverages.

All-Pro is probably a more "sim experience", but depending on your skill level you're probably gonna lose interest in playing games. All-Madden is seeing changes in gameplay and ramping up AI to make it more difficult, so it's definitely a less sim but more challenging experience.

I could probably keep going with this write-up but that wasn't really the point of the thread so I tried to keep it on the short side.

PSN - GetYourSwooshOn

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »