Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

This is a discussion on Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #25
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLS NATION
LOL Did you lose?
I would've been completely blown out had I played offense and defense.

First game, so I was switching users back and forth and just playing offense. I sucked BADLY.
mathteachernerd1968 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #26
Majority Whip
 
DaReal Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Underworld
Posts: 571
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Believe me if it was ego stroking I would play online for that. I've been playing on All Madden since EA access and I really like the challenge. I'm probably around a average player, so I really have to be on my toes and make the right reads. I actually haven't seen much cheating by the CPU, everything seems earned. I've been editing my own rosters with my goal of leaving all sliders on default. We all know once sliders are touched u end up throwing something else out of wack. The biggest challenge has been creating a better pass rush again.
__________________
"Understand, perfection in sports games is not attainable" - Me

My All Madden Siders & Dynasty
Madden 18
Waiting Xbox One X
DaReal Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:40 AM   #27
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2005
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
All-Pro is probably a more "sim experience", but depending on your skill level you're probably gonna lose interest in playing games. All-Madden is seeing changes in gameplay and ramping up AI to make it more difficult, so it's definitely a less sim but more challenging experience.
I'm in the same boat as you. In past years I've always had to quit playing even on ALL Madden cause certain plays like "Mesh" out of the shotgun or slants with a few hot routes were too easy to exploit the ALL Madden CPU. They've said they have addressed zone coverage this year so I'm hoping I don't find more plays that always work but so far it still feels a bit easy to complete certain pass plays with WRs running inside routes.

Question for you or anyone playing on ALL Madden default this year. Are you able to run the ball at all? I'm on default ALL Madden with simulation settings and I'm finding the run game almost impossible this year. The CPU Dline seems to shed every block within a few seconds of the snap or at least they always seem to shed the key block. I'm having no success at all running the ball this year.
cneuy3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:57 AM   #28
MVP
 
Senator Palmer's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneuy3
Question for you or anyone playing on ALL Madden default this year. Are you able to run the ball at all? I'm on default ALL Madden with simulation settings and I'm finding the run game almost impossible this year. The CPU Dline seems to shed every block within a few seconds of the snap or at least they always seem to shed the key block. I'm having no success at all running the ball this year.
I've had a rough going so far, but I just had a game where I averaged 4.2 a carry after I changed the blocking in "Aggressive" and started to go to a little more outside zone.
__________________
"A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or if he dies."
Senator Palmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 03:59 AM   #29
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2005
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I've had a rough going so far, but I just had a game where I averaged 4.2 a carry after I changed the blocking in "Aggressive" and started to go to a little more outside zone.
Thanks. I tested it on "aggressive" and was able to run a fair bit better and I didn't see any added holding penalties in my limited time testing it out. The "normal" setting in All Madden for blocking should be changed to "lazy" or something that signifies what your Olinemen are actually doing out there. I'll never go back now.
cneuy3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #30
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

I think the best way to judge is to test best vs. Worst. Meaning on all madden play with the best team vs. Worst team. If the worst team beats you.....well yea I'd say all-pro is where to go.. if the worst team is giving you all you can handle and then some but you still win, you may need to play on All-Pro. If you beat the worst team but had a somewhat challenge, you might need to play on All-Pro. If you comfortably defeat the worst team with not many issues, then I'd say stick to All-Madden.

On the flipside, for All-Pro you do the opposite. Use the worst team vs. the best team. If you win comfortably, play on All-Madden. If you had a close game but still lost, play on All-Madden, if you get blown out then I say keep it on All-Pro.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
4show10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #31
MVP
 
Senator Palmer's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
I think the best way to judge is to test best vs. Worst. Meaning on all madden play with the best team vs. Worst team. If the worst team beats you.....well yea I'd say all-pro is where to go.. if the worst team is giving you all you can handle and then some but you still win, you may need to play on All-Pro. If you beat the worst team but had a somewhat challenge, you might need to play on All-Pro. If you comfortably defeat the worst team with not many issues, then I'd say stick to All-Madden.

On the flipside, for All-Pro you do the opposite. Use the worst team vs. the best team. If you win comfortably, play on All-Madden. If you had a close game but still lost, play on All-Madden, if you get blown out then I say keep it on All-Pro.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
This is similar to my thought process, too. Only I didn't quite play against the worst. My first game was playing as the Seahawks vs. Steeler, All-Madden (SIM), 15 minute quarters, 15 second runoff.

I just didn't see the cheating folks complain about on AM. It was a very tough balanced game. Pitt kind of jumped out early and Leveon ripped off a few chunk runs, but that was really me being in the wrong alignment more than anything.

Got consistenly pressured which is to be expected with Seattle's line. James Harrison completely owned George Fant on the edge.

Once I got into a flow and focused on getting the ball out quick, I was able to create a few big plays and pull away. It was 31-6 going into the 4th quarter. They finally managed a TD with like 5 minutes left in the game. And I didn't do anything particularly special. I called the game the same way Seatte does. Stayed single high the whole game. It was either Cover-1 or Cover 3, mixed in with a couple of blitzes.

I turned the pass rush to AGGRESSIVE and put Sherman on Brown and set it to SWAT BALL.

Pressure was steady, even though I only got two sacks. Didn't see any of the statue issuses that were in the early gameplay vid. Flushed Big Ben up in the pocket on one play and pressured into an errand pass on the run that resulted in an overthrow pick.

Don't remember the exact stats, but Leveon had 95 yards rushing and before I cut the game off with right around 3 minutes left, Big Ben had a little less than 200 yards passing.

__________________
"A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or if he dies."
Senator Palmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 10:39 AM   #32
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,740
Blog Entries: 7
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This is similar to my thought process, too. Only I didn't quite play against the worst. My first game was playing as the Seahawks vs. Steeler, All-Madden (SIM), 15 minute quarters, 15 second runoff.

I just didn't see the cheating folks complain about on AM. It was a very tough balanced game. Pitt kind of jumped out early and Leveon ripped off a few chunk runs, but that was really me being in the wrong alignment more than anything.

Got consistenly pressured which is to be expected with Seattle's line. James Harrison completely owned George Fant on the edge.

Once I got into a flow and focused on getting the ball out quick, I was able to create a few big plays and pull away. It was 31-6 going into the 4th quarter. They finally managed a TD with like 5 minutes left in the game. And I didn't do anything particularly special. I called the game the same way Seatte does. Stayed single high the whole game. It was either Cover-1 or Cover 3, mixed in with a couple of blitzes.

I turned the pass rush to AGGRESSIVE and put Sherman on Brown and set it to SWAT BALL.

Pressure was steady, even though I only got two sacks. Didn't see any of the statue issuses that were in the early gameplay vid. Flushed Big Ben up in the pocket on one play and pressured into an errand pass on the run that resulted in an overthrow pick.

Don't remember the exact stats, but Leveon had 95 yards rushing and before I cut the game off with right around 3 minutes left, Big Ben had a little less than 200 yards passing.
Well, this answers my question in the Defense thread...

From your perspective, the usual AM Cheese isn't evident in AM Sim for M18, correct?...

Sounds like the gameplay is solid, but:

1) What do the amount of penalty calls look like at default?

2) Have you seen that punt glitch that has lingered for some on AP?

Any / all detail on your AM Sim experience greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

Top -