Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

This is a discussion on Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 08-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #33
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Well, this answers my question in the Defense thread...

From your perspective, the usual AM Cheese isn't evident in AM Sim for M18, correct?...

Sounds like the gameplay is solid, but:

1) What do the amount of penalty calls look like at default?

Penalties aren't an issue to me until I start messing with the coach adjustments. Could be I'm not paying attention, but I don't even notice then. There's a few here or there, but when I change the pass rush to aggressive, or change the way the o-line blocks, then I start seeing off-sides, holding.

I changed the strip ball to aggressive to try to force a turnover late in a game and got a facemask penalty.

And I haven't played a ton of games so far, but I have only seen one pass interference call thus far and a couple I thought should have been called.

I had a few special teams penalties: block in the back, holding type stuff but nothing I thought was gamebreaking.

I do like that I can tie the CPU in knots when it messes with it's coach settings with offsides and holding penalties.

2) Have you seen that punt glitch that has lingered for some on AP?

Honestly, I'm not sure what the punt glitch is. Describe it to me.

Any / all detail on your AM Sim experience greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
If we're talking AM, the big difference I see is in the trenches. You really have to earn it with the running game, on the other side, you have to be disciplined with your run fits vs. the CPU because it can gash you. And you have to change your fronts. There are certain type runs that are just vulnerable to certain fronts.

I'm still working on using the new "blocking" stick so I'm working out the kinks. Jordan Howard for example give me fits with the type of runs the Bears have in their playbook. But it's possible to play good defense on AM and choke out teams.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #34
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
But it's possible to play good defense on AM and choke out teams.

Can you hold the CPU QB to a realistic completion percentage / YPA / etc.?

REALLY appreciate the detail!

Punt Glitch:

Punting STILL not fixed

And:

The Missed Extra Points Are Out Of Control

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-27-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #35
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Can you hold the CPU QB to a realistic completion percentage / YPA / etc.?

REALLY appreciate the detail!

Punt Glitch:

Punting STILL not fixed

And:

The Missed Extra Points Are Out Of Control
I can't quite render a verdict on the completion percentage. I'm still working out how much man vs. zone I want to play, because I think man is better than it was last year and I still haven't played against Rodgers or Brady.

But I've had games where the QB started 4 for 10 for 25 yards and got hot at the 2 minute drill at the end of the half -- we've all seen that.

Then I had games like against Big Ben for instance where he went 19 for 28 which is 67 percent, but the 9 he missed felt like real football. There were overthrows with him stepping up, balls batted down by my defenders, a flat out miss, etc.

Okay, yeah I know what you're talking about with the punt glitch. I haven't had a game in high wind yet. I did have one in rain, but I didn't notice that this year... so far.

To the extra point miss. The only time I've seen that is when I sim the extra point play. I have noticed missed field goals on longer attempts. Anything outside the 35 the CPU is no longer money.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #36
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Then I had games like against Big Ben for instance where he went 19 for 28 which is 67 percent, but the 9 he missed felt like real football. There were overthrows with him stepping up, balls batted down by my defenders, a flat out miss, etc.

Anything outside the 35 the CPU is no longer money.
Well, that Big Ben stat like looks like perfection to me, esp. compared to what AP seems to be delivering on that front...

AND, that fact that the CPU misses FGA, is pretty darn exciting as well...

Unfortunately, I'm not getting to this game for a few more weeks, so please keep me / us updated on your AM Sim experience...

Well thought out and rife with detail as usual, Senator!

Old 08-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #37
Rookie

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't played too much in CFM yet so maybe it's just a fluke but has anyone
else noticed that getting through defenders is way too easy when usering a DL?

Been playing on default All Madden Sim.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #38
All Star

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I can't quite render a verdict on the completion percentage. I'm still working out how much man vs. zone I want to play, because I think man is better than it was last year and I still haven't played against Rodgers or Brady.

But I've had games where the QB started 4 for 10 for 25 yards and got hot at the 2 minute drill at the end of the half -- we've all seen that.

Okay, yeah I know what you're talking about with the punt glitch. I haven't had a game in high wind yet. I did have one in rain, but I didn't notice that this year... so far.

To the extra point miss. The only time I've seen that is when I sim the extra point play. I have noticed missed field goals on longer attempts. Anything outside the 35 the CPU is no longer money.
SP,

Are your AM games played in CFM? I notice a huge difference this year in how the game plays in Play Now vs. CFM with CFM being much more difficult. I was having excellent games playing AM in Play Now, but the CPU QB is deadly in CFM. I typically USER a LB to cover the middle zones.

I think All Madden presents a good challenge. The main difference for me is that I have think about every decision I make. Coaching Adjustments, play calling, run/pass focus, etc. I also don't feel like I need house rules in AM. The only rule is use is that I have to use the Coach Suggested plays on offense and defense. I typically use one of the three options with the chess piece.

At this point, the toughest thing to deal with has been the CPU QB completion percentages. If it's just a matter of dropping the QB ACC slider it might be worth it.

KingV, are you playing on AM?
Old 08-27-2017, 12:40 PM   #39
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to get to this game for a few weeks, so I'm doing research / due diligence until then...

VERY interested in the AM Sim concept, so far sounds much more to my taste and skill level than what the AP stat lines are appearing to indicate...

Also:

Good question re: Play Now versus CFM...

As far as your CPU QB Completion Percentages go:

I posted this in the "Is Defense Broken": thread:

I'm not sure if you've tried it yet, but enabling Ball Hawk usually tightens up coverage...

It's not perfect, but it's one of the tools available...

Failing that, you can bump DPI a notch or two, but that's going to affect both sides of the ball in coverage and a tiny bit of "universal ball awareness" in all phases...

The other problem with that (DPI) however, is if the AI perceives that the windows are too small for the CPU QB, he'll go Captain Checkdown...

And, using "Pass Commit" is always an option...

You also might want to consider playing as a DL...

I find that for the bunch of years, the most reliable way to force an inaccurate pass by the CPU is to "break the seal" of the pocket...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-27-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #40
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
SP,

Are your AM games played in CFM? I notice a huge difference this year in how the game plays in Play Now vs. CFM with CFM being much more difficult. I was having excellent games playing AM in Play Now, but the CPU QB is deadly in CFM. I typically USER a LB to cover the middle zones.

I think All Madden presents a good challenge. The main difference for me is that I have think about every decision I make. Coaching Adjustments, play calling, run/pass focus, etc. I also don't feel like I need house rules in AM. The only rule is use is that I have to use the Coach Suggested plays on offense and defense. I typically use one of the three options with the chess piece.

At this point, the toughest thing to deal with has been the CPU QB completion percentages. If it's just a matter of dropping the QB ACC slider it might be worth it.

Nah, this is like my second day with the game. I'm still trying to get comfortable with everything like some of the new looks on defense, and getting the ID the Mike down. I haven't had a chance to dig into CFM yet. All of my impressions are coming from play now and play now live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »