Home

Potential hidden/additional Longshot ending

This is a discussion on Potential hidden/additional Longshot ending within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Potential hidden/additional Longshot ending

Hi all,

I think this might be my first post so bare with me if I'm being a total idiot here (or if I'm breaking any forum rules).

I think I might have found an additional ending to the Longshot Story mode - first off massive spoilers if you haven't played and completed the mode yet (even if you have and maybe want to replay later!).

SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Potential hidden/additional Longshot ending

mine ended with the phone ringing, devin picking up, realizing call was for colt. colt gets drafted by the team i selected as my favorite team (packers). wade goes outside, colt comes out a few minutes later and states someone is on the phone for wade. it was mike mccarthy, asking wade if he's interested in playing with colt again because they want to draft him as well.

i believe there are three endings. spoilers obviously.

- colt gets drafted, wade doesn't. wade gets picked up on free agency.
- wade gets drafted, colt doesn't. colt becomes a country singer.
- wade and colt both get drafted to the team you choose as your favorite team.

i don't know what the stipulations are in dictating which ending you get, but i would assume there are choices along the way where you can improve both wade and colt's draft stock. for instance, passing to him in the challenge when you were specifically told not to to improve wade's stock. or switching places in line during the combine. i assume there is a minimum threshold where they get drafted, and you can break that minimum for each of them based on your decisions throughout. i don't think it's a "hidden" or "secret" ending.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Ah ok, well that makes sense, thought it was odd I hadn't seen that specific ending (both get drafted) mentioned in a few articles/videos that claimed to have "all endings".

I do like that they must have got all the coaches to record a voice snippet then. I wonder what's the stipulations are for each ending - I didn't pass to Colt in the scripted scene during the challenge but I did shortly after for the winning TD. I wonder if that's what's required for both to get drafted?
Old 08-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4

yeah, i was definitely impressed when i heard mccarthy on the phone. i'm assuming they all say the same one liner so as to not be a huge time investment.

and you're right, most of the people i've seen talking about the story or recording on youtube have either wade getting drafted or colt getting drafted but not both. there's probably a set of choices and you need to answer them all in a specific manner to get that ending.

i have little desire to go back and replay it (even though it was a pretty decent mode), so i'm just thankful i got the best ending.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #5
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emojojoe
Ah ok, well that makes sense, thought it was odd I hadn't seen that specific ending (both get drafted) mentioned in a few articles/videos that claimed to have "all endings".

I do like that they must have got all the coaches to record a voice snippet then. I wonder what's the stipulations are for each ending - I didn't pass to Colt in the scripted scene during the challenge but I did shortly after for the winning TD. I wonder if that's what's required for both to get drafted?
Interesting. Curious, but did you manage to unlock any of the Elite MUT cards for Devin or Colt in the Longshot mode? I've run through it twice now and had a perfect run for Devin and no Elite unlocked. 2nd run I did everything in favor of Colt and no Elite unlocked. I've unlocked everything else in the MUT menu from Longshot. Also during the combine did you skip ahead in line and pass to Colt or decline?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »