Home

Tired of Defending Madden Devs

This is a discussion on Tired of Defending Madden Devs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bottom line, I've given enough excuses for the main trio of Madden developers (one of which is completely understandable: Irma). The more I play M18, the more I have to adjust sliders for an enjoyable game, and the more bugs and issues that I see that still haven't been fixed, the more agitated I get. I get it, they work for arguably the most infamous video game publisher ever (not by my standards). But does that excuse laziness on their part?

Gameplay is borderline *broken* this year; M18 is a huge step back from M17 as far as QB play, defensive AI, and cover mechanics are concerned. It feels as though there's no balance between difficulties, even if there's adjustment to sliders. The only reason I play it? Because it's the only up-to-date NFL licensed football game out there. To quote a fellow OS user, if football wasn't my favorite sport, I wouldn't have even bought the game.

I'm sick of bugs going unfixed. It's been a month since the release, maybe a month and a half since the EA Access trial, and statue QBs are still an issue? Cover 2 is still broken? Jared Goff plays like Tom Brady? Stats aren't being recorded? Don't even get me started on missed extra points; I can't tell you how many games are 19-12 at halftime.

I guess the point of this post is: what can we do as a community to ease the suffering? I doubt Rex and Co. patrol these forums (unless I'm mistaken, in which case, I apologize). Because from a consumer standpoint, it appears as though they don't care, but why should they?

[i] alright alright allllriiiiiiiight [i]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 AM   #2
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Re: Tired of Defending Madden Devs

What are you talking about? You have been a member of OS for 7 weeks and your very first post was saying how you think that Madden 18 is unplayable. Where exactly do you think that you have been defending anybody?

Besides that, there is a thread that is asking for questions to ask one of the Devs just a couple posts below this one. The first major patch hasn't even arrived yet for this game. It is due in the near future, perhaps in the next few weeks.

This thread is likely going to get locked anyway so I guess commenting any further is pointless.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:37 AM   #3
Rookie

Hey, I'm just giving my opinion. I've admittedly been on and off the pro-dev bandwagon, as well as other people on OS. I'm not an experienced coder by any means, but one of my biggest gripes is seeing issues from last year arise. I just think it's laziness, is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-24-2017, 03:52 AM   #4
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexy
Hey, I'm just giving my opinion. I've admittedly been on and off the pro-dev bandwagon, as well as other people on OS. I'm not an experienced coder by any means, but one of my biggest gripes is seeing issues from last year arise. I just think it's laziness, is all.

I agree with you, I work in software development so I can empathize with the developers to an extent. But just like I hear it from customers when our product isn't to the standards they expect, so should EA and more directly the developers.

In the company I work for our developers don't have direct access to the customer base for several reasons but EA has allowed their development team to be on twitter, ea boards and at times OS. To me, this makes it fair game to give them some of the criticism for a game that is severely flawed. I play the game, get as much enjoyment out of it as I can but at the end of the day, I literally am only playing because a couple friends and I play a cfm. That's it, if they didn't play, I wouldn't have even bought this years game.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:02 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

While I agree with some things you said, Jared Goff has been a monster this year in the NFL.

817 yards, 5 TDs to 1 INT and a 118 passer rating.

Least Madden got that part right

Last edited by Gosens6; 09-24-2017 at 04:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 04:41 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Bottom line, I've given enough excuses for the main trio of Madden developers (one of which is completely understandable: Irma). The more I play M18, the more I have to adjust sliders for an enjoyable game, and the more bugs and issues that I see that still haven't been fixed, the more agitated I get. I get it, they work for arguably the most infamous video game publisher ever (not by my standards). But does that excuse laziness on their part?

Gameplay is borderline *broken* this year; M18 is a huge step back from M17 as far as QB play, defensive AI, and cover mechanics are concerned. It feels as though there's no balance between difficulties, even if there's adjustment to sliders. The only reason I play it? Because it's the only up-to-date NFL licensed football game out there. To quote a fellow OS user, if football wasn't my favorite sport, I wouldn't have even bought the game.

I'm sick of bugs going unfixed. It's been a month since the release, maybe a month and a half since the EA Access trial, and statue QBs are still an issue? Cover 2 is still broken? Jared Goff plays like Tom Brady? Stats aren't being recorded? Don't even get me started on missed extra points; I can't tell you how many games are 19-12 at halftime.

I guess the point of this post is: what can we do as a community to ease the suffering? I doubt Rex and Co. patrol these forums (unless I'm mistaken, in which case, I apologize). Because from a consumer standpoint, it appears as though they don't care, but why should they?

Jared Goff is quietly having an outstanding season in real life (70.4%, 6.2 td% to 1.2 int%, 10.1 yards/attemp, 118 passer rating so far), and he has EIGHT first or second round picks on offense on his team to help him.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 09-24-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Jared Goff is quietly having an outstanding season in real life (118 passer rating so far), and he has EIGHT first or second round picks on offense on his team to help him.

Okay, so MAYBE Jared Goff wasn't the best example , but in my last game against him, he went 25/27, 427 yards and 3 TDs with sliders tweaked. It's good to see him exceed expectations, though.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:47 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Okay, so MAYBE Jared Goff wasn't the best example , but in my last game against him, he went 25/27, 427 yards and 3 TDs with sliders tweaked. It's good to see him exceed expectations, though.

Not really exceeding expectations, IMHO. Based on his college tape, he had every single tool you'd want. The only downside was not playing in a Pro Style offense, which was going to set him back a year or two. He's had his year of learning how to call plays from a huddle and take a snap from under center, and now the league is seeing exactly what he had in college: excellent arm strength, pin-point accuracy, ability to throw off his spot, ability to throw under pressure, and all the other things he showed at Cal.

The questions about him were never related to his physical ability. Just the scheme he was in and if it prepared him for NFL defenses.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »