Home

Defensive Playbook

This is a discussion on Defensive Playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2018, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defensive Playbook

In Madden 18, I can't seem to pressure the QB without sending 6. Which playbook (34 or 43) gets best pass rush without sending more than 5.

Last edited by Cornholio033; 01-13-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Defensive Playbook

What team are you using? Typically to get pressure you have to send 5+ unless you have 4 99's on the d line. All about timing and risk/reward.
Mix up your blitzes, zone and man, sending dbs occasionally instead of linebackers.

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-14-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
Pro

It won't work if you blitz on every down. It all comes down to timing. It's usually a good way to stop the Offense for no gain or minimal gain on 1st and 2nd down by rushing only 4 (but playing 8-in-the-box to support the run) and force them into 3rd & long. That's when you can be aggressive with blitzes. QB either takes a short checkdown or gets sacked.

But to answer your question - I have some success using a standard 4-3 PB (Seahawks PB). Both DEs get good pressure on the QB - if you have some decent pass rushers (91+ in either PMV or FMV). Don't expect to get a good pass rush from a bunch of roster-fillers, though.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

I struggle to get a pass rush without blitzing as well. I combo this by playing bend but don't break defense and only bringing blitzes when it's third and very long. Double A gap pressures seem to work best.

This effects my team building philosophy as well. I target defensive lineman in the draft and free agency. I usually play as the Bills so my secondary is set, but I go cheap at LB. Just pick guys who are fast and have 80+ tackling. It's all about defensive line for me.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio033
In Madden 18, I can't seem to pressure the QB without sending 6. Which playbook (34 or 43) gets best pass rush without sending more than 5.

It’s kind of cheese but if you have a talented secondary you can try all out blitz and leave everyone in man. You can sometimes get 3 sacks in a row and force them to punt this way. Just make sure your safeties aren’t turds in man and your outside corners are atleast solid athletes otherwise you might get burned.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Sugar blitz the A-gaps with the linebackers whilst spreading the defensive line (one of the nickle formations is this). If there is no TE or RB to the side of an outside pass rusher, it's almost insta-pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »