Home

Madden 19 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 02:42 AM   #1
Rookie

Samusic78's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 19 Wishlist

Madden suggestions for 19
As a consumer I would love to see some things implemented in the game. So I have some thoughts. I like this year's game Madden 18 it's indeed better than all years before it and I ant just living in the moment. I felt this way about 17 but now 18 has made strives.
However I have to make a suggestion box what I think was still lacking or missing in the game. When I played I was like wow and so impacted but then find my self saying what happen to???? it make me mad because I seen it in other madden so why take away cool stuff. shouldn't we be adding to it? whatever they do I hope they don't take away anything on the game as of now unless it's gameplay or patch work or something over powering or that don't work.
You know we do appreciate you devs. because it is an effort on your part to make the game better however I know your holding out as well but I also know it's business.
Now I'm not here to complain or gripe about what's wrong or I hate this game by all means no but this game is far better than ever before. However I just think it's really missing minor details.
On the field:
1. Utilize the screen where we are projecting the game going on, on the field or give cut scenes to the screen to show plays on the field screen. "The stadium screens" what happen to this feature? what I mean is the jumbo tron needs to be utilized.
I love the commercial nice touch and both voice Larry R. And other guy do a good job, I like this -keep it.
2. What happen to measuring the first down but not all the time you know with refs coming out with chains. "The chain gang"
3. How about running over the refs if they are in the way, now I run into one and I go right through him.
4. Another thing with refs make them throw a yellow flag on the field for penalties. I want to see flags.
5. I like how dirty the players get and the scratches on the helmet great touch, but one thing I miss and want to see is at times they get up with grass on their helmets as before.
6. The quarterback if you can bring back each personality as before like posture and the way each one throws that's cool. But great improvement on qb direction throws
7. The rain it looks good but the player need to be wet , rain on helmets somehow to make it more authentic. And slipping , plus harder to catch you know rain difficulty. And snow difficulty. So the weather is still not right and not that good. It needs to be more realistic we are on the next gen. The players need to look wet and muddy uniforms and the field torn up. Water should be shown on the helmet not strings running in front of the screen as water, we want mud piles , water and mud kicking up when players cut and run while uniforms get dirty this has been improved somewhat.
8. I liked the way the Raiders field use to be ; when they had a game and I use to play it on a baseball field remember That, now that's cool bring stuff like that back.
9. Fans - how about cut scenes to fans as before with team gear and props I miss that, now come on EA you where great on doing stuff like this. This year It's cool the camera shots of the coaches I think it's done way to much though they need cut scenes of players and more of fans and mascots and Cheerleaders. Fans are a lot better this year but details are missing. where are the cheese heads we want to see cheese heads etc.. You know dogs at the pound. What about considering mascots and CHEERLEADERS I know the boys will agree with that , at least put them on the side lines. Details and team props
10. Oh tattoo on players especially when I create my player. Player scans real player characteristics and personalities and tattoos like NBA 2k. Each player still needs his own attributes and weight and skills each one is different it needs a badge system type. This has been touched but still needs a little more work as far as players personalities or a badge system.
11. And able to add mouth pieces which are a part of football. I think more apparel would be cool how about teams logo on the inside of gloves. More brands like mlb the show. However nice job on improving on this the last two years. Need mouth pieces , and modern helmets.
12. Why don't the offensive lineman help push the running back for more yards like before????? I seen this a little this year!
13. Celebrations where is the lambue leap ? More authentic celebrations especially after big plays like sacks , td , teammates celebrating together this was also improved upon but I know they can give us more.
14. Playoff game needs to be more excitement , I mean the players need to act different with more excitement -there in the playoffs , the pre game needs more hype , the commentator need some life in the post season. The Super Bowl needs the biggest hype more excitement.
15. Keep nfl films and keep elaborating on it.
16.We need the pro-bowl back with each player team helmet on. This is a big miss.
17. Players should be wearing apparel on the sidelines like bennies, hats and long jackets when snowing , this use to be in the game they need to bring this back. "Again details."
Gameplay
Player movements and model could be adjusted, but they do move and feel a lot better than before.
The defensive lineman need more moves and not just x or o button take it back to NCAA 14 where you use the stick for three to four different moves and again you can even put more moves plus each player should vary, as of now it's a little boring moves.
Defense tackling maybe they need a small adjustment like grabbing or wrapping up tackles, hug tackles sort of speak, maybe some different or more animation on take downs. Diffidently more tackle animations are a must and players again very by individual skill. I can see this was adressed alittle this year but can do more.
The defensive linemen could use animation on movements so that look suddle more realistic. More player movements and interaction on the o line and def. lineman plus create line mans defensive stance. This was is really good this year !
Running is a lot better but still needs improvement like I experience too much magnetism -like when you run into your blocker while he is blocking some how you can't get through and the defensive guy jumps off real quick to make the tackle , I don't know how he does that but it's not realistic. I hate that. Or he hardly touches you because the def. guy is occupied with the lineman but you get stuck there in back of your own man and then you get tackled. The animation should be that the running back if he does run into his own he should bound off either nicely or at time stumbling.
Each team should have there own plays different playbook completely offense and defense. Needs more options.
Stop the cheese Ill be playing with injury then the computer decides to always take my best players out. the injuries have to be fixed.
Now in settings
1. all I want or like to see is simple season mode where I can chose to play any team any time , chose sides while control my season with all teams at the same time as in the past. With great menus. keep what you got on this year's like ; leader board, league, team stats , the news is cool all while in season mode. But this years news is no good we need sports illustrated or something with pictures . Nice touch on the tweets. So I would like a My league or season type of deal with the works.
I m an off line franchise person
Now franchise is cool but a little disappointed with the mode because I found myself asking that's all we get there is to many similarities of last year's game , the news is to hidden need to go back to the way it was before need improvement on this.
Don't get me wrong better a lot better but not over the top.
They should bring back position battles for preseason that was cool. Now keep the news and tweets which is very awesome but put in a radio show like when we had Tony Bruno. But again the news needs something some improvements.
2. Now on the my season or league schedule I would like a check box so I can choose what game I wanted to play on pick game Menue as before. Or put this some how in offline franchise mode.
3. And if you simulate the other games you didn't pick to play, you get the game ticker on the screen of the other games in play while your playing , now that was really cool for the season mode. That's Madden!
4. more things on the field is what I figure, details more details
what I see on the field that makes it more realistic is what I like. We need a pre game , team introduction , cheerleaders, mascots, view of fans , tail gate parties, different intros. And more presentations.
There needs to be a weather update like before by the weather channel. This is big I want to control the weather even in franchise or season mode.
I want control in franchise mode over all teams and team match ups uniforms. Like I can in MLB the show , I have total control of what team I want to play and the uniforms they can use.
Your practice mode I luv it keep it. Like skill trainer is cool.
5. the music on this year Menu just football music. I use to love when you had Sam Spence music especially in the replayed I miss that.
Keep the music on the field like the Rock GnR etc.... and other songs which is realistic.
6. Bring in songs they play at stadiums you took out rock songs that were cool. Or allow us to import our own music.
7. we need to have the coaching staff matter , who you get as head coach or coordinator that they come with their attributes somehow because a few years ago as the Broncos won the super bowl Wade Philips was there def. coor. And this should be in the game some how not over powering but in the game.
8. In francise we need to be able to download through community draft class before the season so we can recuit and scout real names and positions in our season. And have the combine before the draft like before in Madden.
9.we need to be able to tag our own captains on our teams like we once had that ability.

I don't know why you guys in madden devs. adds things and takes things out , they take things out what we all liked instead of building on what they had all they have to do is keep and build on it like 2k does,
These things are not impossible they have been done before but that fact we are on the next gen. Its ridiculous and no excuse We got to go back and put things that madden had in the past- the stuff we want in the game.

We pay and support and buy give us what we want. If its in the Game then its in the game !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 03:24 AM   #2
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Re: Madden 19 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samusic78
Madden suggestions for 19
As a consumer I would love to see some things implemented in the game. So I have some thoughts. I like this year's game Madden 18 it's indeed better than all years before it and I ant just living in the moment. I felt this way about 17 but now 18 has made strives.
However I have to make a suggestion box what I think was still lacking or missing in the game. When I played I was like wow and so impacted but then find my self saying what happen to???? it make me mad because I seen it in other madden so why take away cool stuff. shouldn't we be adding to it? whatever they do I hope they don't take away anything on the game as of now unless it's gameplay or patch work or something over powering or that don't work.
You know we do appreciate you devs. because it is an effort on your part to make the game better however I know your holding out as well but I also know it's business.
Now I'm not here to complain or gripe about what's wrong or I hate this game by all means no but this game is far better than ever before. However I just think it's really missing minor details.
On the field:
1. Utilize the screen where we are projecting the game going on, on the field or give cut scenes to the screen to show plays on the field screen. "The stadium screens" what happen to this feature? what I mean is the jumbo tron needs to be utilized.
I love the commercial nice touch and both voice Larry R. And other guy do a good job, I like this -keep it.
2. What happen to measuring the first down but not all the time you know with refs coming out with chains. "The chain gang"
3. How about running over the refs if they are in the way, now I run into one and I go right through him.
4. Another thing with refs make them throw a yellow flag on the field for penalties. I want to see flags.
5. I like how dirty the players get and the scratches on the helmet great touch, but one thing I miss and want to see is at times they get up with grass on their helmets as before.
6. The quarterback if you can bring back each personality as before like posture and the way each one throws that's cool. But great improvement on qb direction throws
7. The rain it looks good but the player need to be wet , rain on helmets somehow to make it more authentic. And slipping , plus harder to catch you know rain difficulty. And snow difficulty. So the weather is still not right and not that good. It needs to be more realistic we are on the next gen. The players need to look wet and muddy uniforms and the field torn up. Water should be shown on the helmet not strings running in front of the screen as water, we want mud piles , water and mud kicking up when players cut and run while uniforms get dirty this has been improved somewhat.
8. I liked the way the Raiders field use to be ; when they had a game and I use to play it on a baseball field remember That, now that's cool bring stuff like that back.
9. Fans - how about cut scenes to fans as before with team gear and props I miss that, now come on EA you where great on doing stuff like this. This year It's cool the camera shots of the coaches I think it's done way to much though they need cut scenes of players and more of fans and mascots and Cheerleaders. Fans are a lot better this year but details are missing. where are the cheese heads we want to see cheese heads etc.. You know dogs at the pound. What about considering mascots and CHEERLEADERS I know the boys will agree with that , at least put them on the side lines. Details and team props
10. Oh tattoo on players especially when I create my player. Player scans real player characteristics and personalities and tattoos like NBA 2k. Each player still needs his own attributes and weight and skills each one is different it needs a badge system type. This has been touched but still needs a little more work as far as players personalities or a badge system.
11. And able to add mouth pieces which are a part of football. I think more apparel would be cool how about teams logo on the inside of gloves. More brands like mlb the show. However nice job on improving on this the last two years. Need mouth pieces , and modern helmets.
12. Why don't the offensive lineman help push the running back for more yards like before????? I seen this a little this year!
13. Celebrations where is the lambue leap ? More authentic celebrations especially after big plays like sacks , td , teammates celebrating together this was also improved upon but I know they can give us more.
14. Playoff game needs to be more excitement , I mean the players need to act different with more excitement -there in the playoffs , the pre game needs more hype , the commentator need some life in the post season. The Super Bowl needs the biggest hype more excitement.
15. Keep nfl films and keep elaborating on it.
16.We need the pro-bowl back with each player team helmet on. This is a big miss.
17. Players should be wearing apparel on the sidelines like bennies, hats and long jackets when snowing , this use to be in the game they need to bring this back. "Again details."
Gameplay
Player movements and model could be adjusted, but they do move and feel a lot better than before.
The defensive lineman need more moves and not just x or o button take it back to NCAA 14 where you use the stick for three to four different moves and again you can even put more moves plus each player should vary, as of now it's a little boring moves.
Defense tackling maybe they need a small adjustment like grabbing or wrapping up tackles, hug tackles sort of speak, maybe some different or more animation on take downs. Diffidently more tackle animations are a must and players again very by individual skill. I can see this was adressed alittle this year but can do more.
The defensive linemen could use animation on movements so that look suddle more realistic. More player movements and interaction on the o line and def. lineman plus create line mans defensive stance. This was is really good this year !
Running is a lot better but still needs improvement like I experience too much magnetism -like when you run into your blocker while he is blocking some how you can't get through and the defensive guy jumps off real quick to make the tackle , I don't know how he does that but it's not realistic. I hate that. Or he hardly touches you because the def. guy is occupied with the lineman but you get stuck there in back of your own man and then you get tackled. The animation should be that the running back if he does run into his own he should bound off either nicely or at time stumbling.
Each team should have there own plays different playbook completely offense and defense. Needs more options.
Stop the cheese Ill be playing with injury then the computer decides to always take my best players out. the injuries have to be fixed.
Now in settings
1. all I want or like to see is simple season mode where I can chose to play any team any time , chose sides while control my season with all teams at the same time as in the past. With great menus. keep what you got on this year's like ; leader board, league, team stats , the news is cool all while in season mode. But this years news is no good we need sports illustrated or something with pictures . Nice touch on the tweets. So I would like a My league or season type of deal with the works.
I m an off line franchise person
Now franchise is cool but a little disappointed with the mode because I found myself asking that's all we get there is to many similarities of last year's game , the news is to hidden need to go back to the way it was before need improvement on this.
Don't get me wrong better a lot better but not over the top.
They should bring back position battles for preseason that was cool. Now keep the news and tweets which is very awesome but put in a radio show like when we had Tony Bruno. But again the news needs something some improvements.
2. Now on the my season or league schedule I would like a check box so I can choose what game I wanted to play on pick game Menue as before. Or put this some how in offline franchise mode.
3. And if you simulate the other games you didn't pick to play, you get the game ticker on the screen of the other games in play while your playing , now that was really cool for the season mode. That's Madden!
4. more things on the field is what I figure, details more details
what I see on the field that makes it more realistic is what I like. We need a pre game , team introduction , cheerleaders, mascots, view of fans , tail gate parties, different intros. And more presentations.
There needs to be a weather update like before by the weather channel. This is big I want to control the weather even in franchise or season mode.
I want control in franchise mode over all teams and team match ups uniforms. Like I can in MLB the show , I have total control of what team I want to play and the uniforms they can use.
Your practice mode I luv it keep it. Like skill trainer is cool.
5. the music on this year Menu just football music. I use to love when you had Sam Spence music especially in the replayed I miss that.
Keep the music on the field like the Rock GnR etc.... and other songs which is realistic.
6. Bring in songs they play at stadiums you took out rock songs that were cool. Or allow us to import our own music.
7. we need to have the coaching staff matter , who you get as head coach or coordinator that they come with their attributes somehow because a few years ago as the Broncos won the super bowl Wade Philips was there def. coor. And this should be in the game some how not over powering but in the game.
8. In francise we need to be able to download through community draft class before the season so we can recuit and scout real names and positions in our season. And have the combine before the draft like before in Madden.
9.we need to be able to tag our own captains on our teams like we once had that ability.

I don't know why you guys in madden devs. adds things and takes things out , they take things out what we all liked instead of building on what they had all they have to do is keep and build on it like 2k does,
These things are not impossible they have been done before but that fact we are on the next gen. Its ridiculous and no excuse We got to go back and put things that madden had in the past- the stuff we want in the game.

We pay and support and buy give us what we want. If its in the Game then its in the game !
A lot of the things you mentioned involve realism, which I personally love. But I don't mean to come off as a snarky ******* when I say, at this point, this group of developers simply don't care about realism. I know how they defend themselves on Twitter but action speaks louder than words: this game is simply abysmal when it comes to realism. The game looks realistic in terms of presentation but as far as gameplay goes, this is one of the worst installments in years, in my opinion.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Yeah... It's way too late in the game for Madden 19 wish list.
Now is the time to work on madden 2020.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Some of those things i dont care about. Everybody is different, but i dont want to see the refs bring out the chains. I dont like things that make the game take longer.
*Im also fine with no flags being thrown. Its fine with the flag alert for me. I dont need to see flags but either way, im good.
*My players (17) slip in the rain. I went for it on a fourth down in a game and didnt make it because my WR slipped and fell on his route and ruined the play.
*I always SIM the practices. Dont care about that either.
*There are many good things on that list but there is only so much space they can put on a CD disk so thats why we arent getting all these things.
*Showing the same guys in the crowd after a TD or a loss isnt good use of space imo. But yes a Lambeau leap and things like that would be nice.
*I would like to see ProBowl voting during the season like we used to have. Rookie of the year voting or something. You never know who gets a probowl nod unless you go thru your roster after the season and that takes too much time. And the game would be nice too.

*They are choosing what they think we want or need and they just wont be able to please everybody. You have to remember this is a game and its pretty fun but it will never be as real as we want. It just cant be. Maybe MLB The Show has more room to work with on the disk since there isnt as much to the game as Football. They dont need to draw up playbooks for every coach for example. Maybe Madden should just be a download instead of on a disk but then you lose it if you change consoles?

Last edited by Rayzaa; 02-19-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Kripzel's Arena

I think they should bring back offensive coordinators, defensive coordinators, and special teams coordinators back in the game like in Madden 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #6
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripzel
I think they should bring back offensive coordinators, defensive coordinators, and special teams coordinators back in the game like in Madden 12
Agree with that. Kinda funny we don't get to hire those but we get to hire a trainer and a scout when you have the ability to have your head coach with being an expert scout
Old 02-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #7
Rookie

I mainly play offline franchise mode. I just want a better universe.
1. I want a full coaching staff, position coaches, strength coaches, full scout team, etc. That you are able to progress, do you have a guy that you are training to be your future HC or is your DC the new HC for a division rival, allow me to see where these guys came from (also the same with players, put what team they played for before on their yearly stats card.)

2. team/ player morale - if you have a player like dez or obj who aren't getting the ball they start getting frustrated which could lead to more drops or show them on the sideline arguing with the coach or qb. Help give players personality, do you try to force the ball to an troubled player early to get them rolling or do you take the risk that they could be a distraction as the game wears on or is a player mad about their contract or being franchised.

3. I like the twitter stuff they do now, but build on it - make storylines out of it. Have a rookie corner callout a all-star receiver that he's going against in the next game, or a player talks about a struggling teammate, etc.

4. lingering injuries - have players suffer minor injuries like a sore shoulder that affects their ratings, maybe knocks off a couple points off certain stats but not as drastic as it is now when you decide to play an injured player.

5. cap management-bring back holdouts, allow us ask players to take a pay cut, or restructure their contract to push money into later years to help now, if you have a player who is in the upper 90s overall then they are gonna demand to be the highest paid player in the league or is he a player with a high morale that's willing to take a team friendly deal, correct cap penalties, restricted free agents and having contracts with player/team options added on to them, compensatory picks (i know the formula for these are really confusing but I'm sure they could figure them out), etc.

6. Customization- more options for players, coaches, plays and playbooks, stadiums, mascots, etc.

Basically I want to fell like my franchise is a living breathing entity. I want stories and personalities to make everything feel alive and deeper franchise mechanics that we see in the real NFL.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:57 PM   #8
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
Madden 19 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I mainly play offline franchise mode. I just want a better universe.
1. I want a full coaching staff, position coaches, strength coaches, full scout team, etc. That you are able to progress, do you have a guy that you are training to be your future HC or is your DC the new HC for a division rival, allow me to see where these guys came from (also the same with players, put what team they played for before on their yearly stats card.)

2. team/ player morale - if you have a player like dez or obj who aren't getting the ball they start getting frustrated which could lead to more drops or show them on the sideline arguing with the coach or qb. Help give players personality, do you try to force the ball to an troubled player early to get them rolling or do you take the risk that they could be a distraction as the game wears on or is a player mad about their contract or being franchised.

3. I like the twitter stuff they do now, but build on it - make storylines out of it. Have a rookie corner callout a all-star receiver that he's going against in the next game, or a player talks about a struggling teammate, etc.

4. lingering injuries - have players suffer minor injuries like a sore shoulder that affects their ratings, maybe knocks off a couple points off certain stats but not as drastic as it is now when you decide to play an injured player.

5. cap management-bring back holdouts, allow us ask players to take a pay cut, or restructure their contract to push money into later years to help now, if you have a player who is in the upper 90s overall then they are gonna demand to be the highest paid player in the league or is he a player with a high morale that's willing to take a team friendly deal, correct cap penalties, restricted free agents and having contracts with player/team options added on to them, compensatory picks (i know the formula for these are really confusing but I'm sure they could figure them out), etc.

6. Customization- more options for players, coaches, plays and playbooks, stadiums, mascots, etc.

Basically I want to fell like my franchise is a living breathing entity. I want stories and personalities to make everything feel alive and deeper franchise mechanics that we see in the real NFL.

Great list. A lot of the things I want to see as well.

EA can learn a lot from their past games.

How about when players retired and some became part of the coaching pool?

Or record books?

Custom and sharable draft classes is a must.

Also if I am in Year 10 I might want to change up the uniform a bit. Let us do that. Redesigns. Rebranding.

I’m all for more customization in games. That’s why I hope IMV gets their game off the ground.

I want expansion, contraction, realignment, custom teams in exhibition and CFM. Ability to share created teams like TEAMBUILDER.

Easier roster editing (stop with the position restrictions). If I want a team with one HB and no FB so be it!

EA needs to learn from other sports games as well. 2k does great things with NBA. San Diego Studios does baseball damn near perfect. And both of those studios have been doing it without competition (NBA Live is not competition for 2k, not yet at least).

Sorry if this list came off as a bit all over the place but I’ve been waiting for my car in the shop for like two hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)
MLB 20: The Show (PS4)
Street Fighter V (PS4/PC)
Super Mega Baseball 3 (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)

BS: San Jose State 01'
MA: Michigan State 11'

Last edited by RandallB21; 02-28-2018 at 12:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »