Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Lighting Patch?

Has this been talked about by any of the devs? I stopped playing the EA Access trial because of how bad the lighting issues are. First time i've ever not played the full 10 hours and i didn't even play 4 because of these issues. I was hoping to see something about it in the patch notes, but nope. You guys heard anything?
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2018
Re: Lighting Patch?

There's no patch needed. The game looks beautiful as it is. There's no need to ruin it like they've ruined gameplay in years past due to the competitive crowd.

Give people some additional HDR or brightness settings if they need it, but leave the overall look of the game alone.
FormVoltron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame
 
ODogg's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 35,911
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Lighting Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormVoltron
There's no patch needed. The game looks beautiful as it is. There's no need to ruin it like they've ruined gameplay in years past due to the competitive crowd.

Give people some additional HDR or brightness settings if they need it, but leave the overall look of the game alone.
For Xbox One I concur...for PC it still looks a bit dark in certain areas of the game so I don't know, may agree with the OP on that one but consoles seem good from what I'm seeing..
__________________
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
ODogg is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
MVP
 
cthurt's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Re: Lighting Patch?

Its a big assortment of things when it comes to lighting that makes a patch fix kind of hard to do, because some games look amazing depending on the time or location, some games look to dark at times, some games look to bright at times, and some games look dark but the cutscenes look bright, all in all I feel its an art direction more so then something they need to fix and this is coming from a guy that isn't a big fan of this years lighting.
cthurt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Give Your Hand In Death
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,790
Re: Lighting Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Its a big assortment of things when it comes to lighting that makes a patch fix kind of hard to do, because some games look amazing depending on the time or location, some games look to dark at times, some games look to bright at times, and some games look dark but the cutscenes look bright, all in all I feel its an art direction more so then something they need to fix and this is coming from a guy that isn't a big fan of this years lighting.
I agree with this. I just don't like the art direction this year. I doubt anything gets changed or patched.
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Lighting Patch?

There is definitely a lighting issue that needs to be addressed. I know it has been discussed in multiple threads, but it is an issue with the game and not anyone's TV settings. I was hesitant to just turn off HDR, but I tried it out yesterday and the difference is huge. I highly recommend turning off HDR in the console settings for anyone who is disappointed in the look of the game. It immediately looked fantastic.

I will keep hoping that they can implement a fix to make HDR a viable option for everyone at some point in the near future, but this will do for now.
InsomniaKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame
 
ODogg's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 35,911
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Lighting Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaKiller
There is definitely a lighting issue that needs to be addressed. I know it has been discussed in multiple threads, but it is an issue with the game and not anyone's TV settings. I was hesitant to just turn off HDR, but I tried it out yesterday and the difference is huge. I highly recommend turning off HDR in the console settings for anyone who is disappointed in the look of the game. It immediately looked fantastic.

I will keep hoping that they can implement a fix to make HDR a viable option for everyone at some point in the near future, but this will do for now.
2 questions for you:

1 what do you mean turn off HDR, how did you do it?

2 what tv set are you rocking?
__________________
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
ODogg is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #8
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 24,134
Re: Lighting Patch?

T4Verts put it out on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/T4Verts/status/1027194648132034560
__________________
Hot Takes Before Game Release

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.

Top -