Home

Real Player Motion needs to apply to tackling

This is a discussion on Real Player Motion needs to apply to tackling within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Real Player Motion needs to apply to tackling

I'm too lazy to provide examples but if you've played Madden 19, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Real Player Motion or momentum seem to take a backseat to tackling in this game and this issue compounds all of the other issues users/CPU has with the running game.

I can't tell you how many times, especially on higher difficulties, my RBs are hit and driven back by inferior players or defensive backs. I can be going down hill full speed and they'll be fighting off a block, yet somehow they're able to stop me dead in my tracks and form tackle me to the ground.

Because of this, running the ball up the middle in short yardage situations is riskier than throwing the ball. No matter who you have blocking, there's that high risk that the first player to contact you will stonewall you and drive you backwards.

As has been the case forever, power backs are at a significant disadvantage because of this. This is probably my biggest gameplay annoyance right now in an otherwise decent iteration of Madden.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Real Player Motion needs to apply to tackling

I agree with this 100% You can ameliorate it to a certain extent with the tackling slider and disabling the big hitter trait, but the the momentum of offensive players are only sometimes respected by the physics engine. This is something that they need to do considerable work on in the future.

I know that it's too big a task to be addressed in 19, but it's one of the things I will tweet to Clint about as a one of the major gameplay areas that I hope they can work on for 20.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Tackling was better in unpatched Madden 19. Had more variety. Prior to them patching the game, I use to see smaller defenders hopping on bigger players back and being carried for some yards before the big guy fell down. Don't see that anymore.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I don't like rpm in this year's game, but if you're going to make this a feature of the game, it should apply to both sides of the ball. Right now, it's the ballcarrier that suffer imo from this system with a lack of user control, and random jogging, while the defensive players are running full speed and unaffected. It's not balanced to me, and it's gotten to the point where players are having to work about this system like double tapping the sprint button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »