Home

Anyway to make the CPU more aggressive in free agency?

This is a discussion on Anyway to make the CPU more aggressive in free agency? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2020, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Anyway to make the CPU more aggressive in free agency?

My biggest issue for Franchise is the amount of great players in FA to start my 2nd season. Kamara got ZERO offers, Jalen Ramsey and Shaquil Barret also no offers so just sitting as FA's.

Anyways to adjust this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #2
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyway to make the CPU more aggressive in free agency?

I've noticed this too, but it only happened after the first title update. Prior to that, those guys were getting signed.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Here is something I noticed with madden 20. Lamar Jackson was a free agent and wanted a 7/$215M contract. He went through free agency without signing. My guess is no one could afford him In the final stage of FA, I made a low ball offer. After the draft, he signed with a team for like 1/$3.5M

Clearly something needs to be done here. I don't know if EA intended this, but it was almost a Clowney situation. A player priced himself too high and later had to settle but c'mon, a 98 QB isn't signing for $3.5M.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2

I dont know if this is the same with Madden 21 because I havent gotten to that point yet, but in the past you needed to turn salary cap off to make the cpu not only aggressive during the offseason but also during the season when players go down because of injury.

Obviously, you would need to create some house rules in order to keep franchise mode from being too easy. With me, it includes:

Only sign a high rated player if my starter rating was below a 75 and dont meet the required number of players in that position.

Only sign playerd 70 and under for depth and i dont have players switch positions.

Make sure the cap on your team isnt the highest in the nfl.

Last edited by bigdnlaca; 09-17-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

It's crazy. Something happened to AI roster management this year. It's worse than I've ever seen it. Solid, young players getting cut and sitting all year in FA's. Three of the 1st round picks from 2020 got cut in my league after 3 seasons and they hardly developed on their squads. Still in their low/mid 20's they should never have been cut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #6
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnlaca
I dont know if this is the same with Madden 21 because I havent gotten to that point yet, but in the past you needed to turn salary cap off to make the cpu not only aggressive during the offseason but also during the season when players go down because of injury.

Obviously, you would need to create some house rules in order to keep franchise mode from being too easy. With me, it includes:

Only sign a high rated player if my starter rating was below a 75 and dont meet the required number of players in that position.

Only sign playerd 70 and under for depth and i dont have players switch positions.

Make sure the cap on your team isnt the highest in the nfl.
May have to go this route for franchise. The high-rated FA's were there during the 10-hour window and the early release. I ran several test 'chises and simmed to see what the AI would do. This wasn't happening before.

Might have to go to the old-school days of "Plan B" Free Agency in my chise...who knows, might be fun.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea hoping for a fix but I suppose its time consuming but I could always make my own rules or do as you said and turn off the salary cap. Hope EA fixes this. It kills the emersion for me.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2

I actually did a test of this back in Madden 11. The cpu will not resign players during the season and then allow all big players in fa. Then I would sign them because i would be able to make the moves to create space.

Once i turned it off, i saw a lot of extensions and a lot of teams being able to keep their stars during the season. When fa hit, the highest i normally see is between 85-90. I only see an over 90 player if his skills that were needed for that position diminished or doesnt fit the scheme.

Every year after 11, the fa logic have been the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »