Home

The Patriots' Five Offensive Archetypes

This is a discussion on The Patriots' Five Offensive Archetypes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2018, 01:03 AM   #1
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Arrow The Patriots' Five Offensive Archetypes

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playof...ive-archetypes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The Patriots' Five Offensive Archetypes

I've always liked that they've valued the big HB and the bone-crunching FB during the Belichick-Brady era. The slot WR and pass-catching HB get the most press and play, but I think the scheme versatility of the 2 hammer backs is also critical in certain matchups and in certain conditions.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #3
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I've always liked that they've valued the big HB and the bone-crunching FB during the Belichick-Brady era. The slot WR and pass-catching HB get the most press and play, but I think the scheme versatility of the 2 hammer backs is also critical in certain matchups and in certain conditions.
Ya, I sit aside my really dislike of NE and TB and open my eyes to the playbook after creating so many. I must say you can do alot of schemes out of this playbook from spread, smashmouth, and balance just to name of few. Also you can plug and play with this playbook also. They are so many ways you can build a team around this book. The only formation I added to this was 5WR Trio just because it does have a true 5 Wide formation in it.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Funny you should mention those 2 books.

I spent some time recently mapping the default team playbooks to figure out which books were best for certain schemes.

NE ranked at or near the top for WC Power and Vertical Power, which is kind of astounding, and I want to say that it was also viable in at least one of the zone schemes.

TB also showed up as a top-ranked playbook for Power schemes, with a very diverse running game and the ability to throw both short and deep.

For the most part, the playbook descriptions hold true regarding ideal scheme fit, but not in every case.

My conclusion, though, to your point, was that you could choose the NE book and run 3-4 totally different base offensive schemes out of it. I didn't find another book that seemed as scheme-versatile as that one.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:49 AM   #5
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Quote:
Funny you should mention those 2 books.

I spent some time recently mapping the default team playbooks to figure out which books were best for certain schemes.

NE ranked at or near the top for WC Power and Vertical Power, which is kind of astounding, and I want to say that it was also viable in at least one of the zone schemes.

TB also showed up as a top-ranked playbook for Power schemes, with a very diverse running game and the ability to throw both short and deep.

For the most part, the playbook descriptions hold true regarding ideal scheme fit, but not in every case.

My conclusion, though, to your point, was that you could choose the NE book and run 3-4 totally different base offensive schemes out of it. I didn't find another book that seemed as scheme-versatile as that one.

Lol TB was for Tom Brady but I have made notes of all the run first playbook. I did dip into Tampa Bay playbook and it was so-so. I just got tired of all the NE playbook threads so I took a look at it and it is very open to plug and play any offense you want. You’re correct as you can run 3-4 different schemes. I will be applying to the article of type of players in the next draft. Plus I may do the packers draft logic of draft the best available player at the time to mix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 05:54 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
Lol TB was for Tom Brady but I have made notes of all the run first playbook. I did dip into Tampa Bay playbook and it was so-so. I just got tired of all the NE playbook threads so I took a look at it and it is very open to plug and play any offense you want. You’re correct as you can run 3-4 different schemes. I will be applying to the article of type of players in the next draft. Plus I may do the packers draft logic of draft the best available player at the time to mix it up.

Ha! My bad. That's funny.

One thing I like about the NE offense is that a few spots are so specialized that you don't need to spend a ton of money on them. You can find an aging power back as your hammer relatively cheaply, and you can with a receiving back whose CTH and SRT are in the high-70s.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #7
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Quote:
Ha! My bad. That's funny.

One thing I like about the NE offense is that a few spots are so specialized that you don't need to spend a ton of money on them. You can find an aging power back as your hammer relatively cheaply, and you can with a receiving back whose CTH and SRT are in the high-70s.

Your so correct. You can build your team thru FA and really go for the future at draft time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »