Home

Madden 20 on the Nintendo Switch?

This is a discussion on Madden 20 on the Nintendo Switch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 on the Nintendo Switch?

It’s not happening. The ports look horrible on the switch because of there graphics card. I’m just waiting to trade it in for credit for the next Xbox. I’m not sure Nintendo’s approach in making a system but it’s not for a regular gamer
Old 06-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #10
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster
It’s not happening. The ports look horrible on the switch because of there graphics card. I’m just waiting to trade it in for credit for the next Xbox. I’m not sure Nintendo’s approach in making a system but it’s not for a regular gamer
"Nintendo sold 2.47 million Switch consoles in the three months leading up to March 31st, 2019, bringing lifetime sales to 34.74 million. ... These numbers helped the company to report revenue of 1.2 trillion yen (roughly $10.7 billion) for the fiscal year, up from 1.06 trillion (roughly $9.4 billion) 12 months prior."

I think Nintendos approach is just fine.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
"Nintendo sold 2.47 million Switch consoles in the three months leading up to March 31st, 2019, bringing lifetime sales to 34.74 million. ... These numbers helped the company to report revenue of 1.2 trillion yen (roughly $10.7 billion) for the fiscal year, up from 1.06 trillion (roughly $9.4 billion) 12 months prior."

I think Nintendos approach is just fine.
It's successful, but in the context of this thread it is a console created for a different gamer. You typically can't just port a game from the 'standard' consoles to Nintendo's, a recurring refrain with their hardware.

Their approach is fine if you don't want all the multiplatform titles on the device.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2019, 06:02 PM   #12
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

It would take alot for me to support anything Nintendo to be honest. I have no interest in what they bring to the table personally to invest in again or ever. When Madden was on the WiiU it was awful due to their horrible controller layout.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-02-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It's successful, but in the context of this thread it is a console created for a different gamer. You typically can't just port a game from the 'standard' consoles to Nintendo's, a recurring refrain with their hardware.

Their approach is fine if you don't want all the multiplatform titles on the device.

You guys are making literally zero sense since they have Fifa 20 on Switch.

Lets not forget NBA 2k20 as well. EA just doesn't want to make it for Switch for whatever unknown reason that we dont have.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:14 AM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
You guys are making literally zero sense since they have Fifa 20 on Switch.
Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't own a Switch, but:

I'm pretty sure that A - the Switch version of FIFA runs on the legacy Ignite engine (as opposed to the more modern Frostbite engine); and B - as of today no EA games built in Frostbite have released on the Switch.

Madden 19 was built in Frostbite for all platforms, and Tiburon hasn't publicly supported the legacy Ignite versions of Madden, thus no Switch version. Maybe that changes in future, but I'd look for a future version of FIFA built in Frostbite to support the Switch first as that's the publisher's flagship product.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #15
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't own a Switch, but:

I'm pretty sure that A - the Switch version of FIFA runs on the legacy Ignite engine (as opposed to the more modern Frostbite engine); and B - as of today no EA games built in Frostbite have released on the Switch.

Madden 19 was built in Frostbite for all platforms, and Tiburon hasn't publicly supported the legacy Ignite versions of Madden, thus no Switch version. Maybe that changes in future, but I'd look for a future version of FIFA built in Frostbite to support the Switch first as that's the publisher's flagship product.
I mean you said it yourself. They have multiple versions of the game, which EA has done plenty of times for Madden through multiple past generations. For some reason Madden just cant be done. Really dont understand why. Maybe its a financial thing which really isn't excuse IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #16
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
All of this is why its not on the Switch. 'all they have to do is make an entirely new game'

So...I don’t buy this excuse at all; switch owners can’t even get the madden mobile version of the game lol...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »