Home

UNACCEPTABLE oversight by the Devs......

This is a discussion on UNACCEPTABLE oversight by the Devs...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UNACCEPTABLE oversight by the Devs......

The complete lack of awareness to update the cutscenes before the start of games. The unforgivable errors of NOT giving us new Super Bowl celebrations, a proper announcement of SB MVP and awarding of the Lombardi Trophy, and celebrations for winning conference title games. All of it only serves to frustrate me and I now openly question the business practices of those responsible for making the game (not going to simply blame EA).

We get it that EA seeks to stack money for the franchise by spending money only on certain parts, but the games over the last few years have sold well enough for the devs to at least update the look of the damn game. These subtle changes is what makes the experience feel different from the previous games. They do interviews talking about all the work they do and all of that, but they are still using the same cutscenes from previous games and not even providing proper celebrations that they know we have been asking for since they have been the same for the last 4-5 games.

No, I'm not forking over $60 for a gameplay update, no matter how good it is over Madden 19. The problem is that it feels as if we have a Madden game that is nothing more than an update and the franchise mode proves this. Face of the Franchise is like a $19.99 DLC and the improved gameplay with some menu changes only makes this game a heavily updated Madden 19. Hell, it calls into question as to why Madden 19 was even released since Madden 20 isn't that different at all from a cosmetic standpoint in order for it to make us feel as if we bought an actual new game.

Last edited by bugkill1sf; 07-30-2019 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: UNACCEPTABLE oversight by the Devs......

Yeah, eat the rich

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I hate to break it to you, but Franchise mode isn't a priority and never will be.

This is why they don't change the cut scenes: Because they don't have to.

'Face of the Franchise' is going to lure in thousands of casual NFL fans to this game because they like Pat Mahomes and want to be like him. EA hopes they'll venture into Ultimate team and spend more money. People who play Franchise mode for cut scenes after the Super Bowl are not a priority because you're not going to spend any extra money. Losing the 1,500 of you that play multiple Franchise seasons and are mad because you can't see who won the SB MVP isn't important to EA and the people who make the Madden decisions.

Madden 19 and 20 are released because EA is contractually obligated to release an NFL game every single year. I thought that was pretty obvious

And before you say it: No they're not going to make Madden a $20 DLC. That'd be a hilariously stupid business move and would probably get multiple people fired and make the EA shareholders extremely upset. And you don't want to make shareholders upset.

Last edited by BA2929; 07-30-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm sorry Bug, but you started two different threads calling out the Developers and I've tried to pass along to you in the first thread, that you are targeting the wrong people.

First, the Developers are more accessible to Twitter, but more importantly, the chain of command of what goes in and out of the game is Marketing and the higher ups.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:59 PM   #5
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

@Bug...

I can't argue that the resulting Franchise Mode each year lacks a lot. Whether its cutscenes, salaries, assistant coaches, or whatever else would make the mode more realistic... It just isn't there right now. It's frustrating, and since I'm no MUT player, I'm not the majority target demographic EA Sports is trying to reach.

That said, all anyone can really do is vote with their dollars. If you don't like what the game lacks, don't buy it. It's... a... video... game! It's not a necessity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 11:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm sorry Bug, but you started two different threads calling out the Developers and I've tried to pass along to you in the first thread, that you are targeting the wrong people.

First, the Developers are more accessible to Twitter, but more importantly, the chain of command of what goes in and out of the game is Marketing and the higher ups.
I'm well aware of that, but unfortunately for the devs, they have been the ones that have talked up Madden 20. We all know that there is a pecking order at EA for the Madden franchise. I simply refuse to believe that the higher ups would shoot down the devs coming up with the idea to UPDATE the celebrations (which is applicable to all modes) since they were implementing new animations into the gameplay anyway. I also refuse to believe that the dev team offered to make updates to the player cards and streamlined the menus in Franchise. We have seen the same damn thing the last few games and there is simply no way the devs took it seriously since Madden sells anyway.

They are maximizing profits by spending less year after year. They sell millions of copies each year and is always one of the biggest sellers, but we don't get much done at all in the mode that the community plays the most. We don't truly care for modes like Face of the Franchise (which is basically a small version of Franchise) or them trying to copy FIFA's The Jouney with Longshot. They waste money and resources on things that doesn't make Madden tick. We only need a full fledged Franchise, player career, online (which includes MUT), and a NFL Blitz type of mode for arcade fun.

They need to simply be Madden and keep it simple. Madden should be an American football sim (mainly for Franchise mode) with a fun arcade mode and NFL Blitz for casuals.

Last edited by bugkill1sf; 07-30-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:22 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkill1sf
I'm well aware of that, but unfortunately for the devs, they have been the ones that have talked up Madden 20. We all know that there is a pecking order at EA for the Madden franchise. I simply refuse to believe that the higher ups would shoot down the devs coming up with the idea to UPDATE the celebrations (which is applicable to all modes) since they were implementing new animations into the gameplay anyway. I also refuse to believe that the dev team offered to make updates to the player cards and streamlined the menus in Franchise. We have seen the same damn thing the last few games and there is simply no way the devs took it seriously since Madden sells anyway.

They are maximizing profits by spending less year after year. They sell millions of copies each year and is always one of the biggest sellers, but we don't get much done at all in the mode that the community plays the most. We don't truly care for modes like Face of the Franchise (which is basically a small version of Franchise) or them trying to copy FIFA's The Jouney with Longshot. They waste money and resources on things that doesn't make Madden tick. We only need a full fledged Franchise, player career, online (which includes MUT), and a NFL Blitz type of mode for arcade fun.

They need to simply be Madden and keep it simple. Madden should be an American football sim (mainly for Franchise mode) with a fun arcade mode and NFL Blitz for casuals.
In the grand scheme of things I imagine celebrations and such are a low priority given all they have to do with a short development cycle. I for one am good with that, they have bigger things to fix.

Also I'm not sure where you get the idea that franchise is the most played mode. That's clearly not the case.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:29 PM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

lol dude....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »