Home

It's Official - We're back to the 'Beta' Madden Gameplay & That's A Great Thing!

This is a discussion on It's Official - We're back to the 'Beta' Madden Gameplay & That's A Great Thing! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's Official - We're back to the 'Beta' Madden Gameplay & That's A Great Thing!

So after reading the patch thread a couple days ago, how people were saying the game is back to playing like it did on the Beta. I remained skeptical. Welp, after about 6 games played I can finally say the gameplay is back to being awesome IMO.

I'm finally having crazy games where it comes down to the last drive - and even then I was only manage to hit a FG to tie - go into OT and we both shut down the offense, each getting a FG before time ran out for my first ever (?) TIE game in Madden lol...

In one Franchise Im playing with a complete crap rebuilding team, I even traded off almost everyone over 80 OVR. Before the patch I was still winning with this team like 31-17 or 24-10 type games. NOW I can't shut down a good offense to speak of --- and it actually MAKES Sense. I got slaughtered 21-40 against the Cowboys. It was actually very competitive until the second half surprisingly.

Another thing I want to say - DEEP Threat WRs are actually playing like Deep Threats. Every now and then you see them getting open down the seem, time it right and they have a 58 yard pass. However, throw it to the same player for a 3 yard catch with on 3rd and 2 and if he gets hit while catching it, it drops.. he's just not ready to be an all around WR yet. This was John Ross for example. Pretty spot on. Same goes for the tall TE/WR below a 75 who hasn't developed much besides ok CIT - good in the redzone but god forbid you throw a 15+ yard play to them, most likely a drop or bounces off their hands.

So yeah, players are back to playing like themselves, I love it. Only thing I'd ask them to tune is the USER pass rush. It's back to being almost impossible to beat your OL unless you have a pass rusher above 90. That's the ONLY problem Im having. Loving the gameplay now, and hope the rest of you guys are as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: It's Official - We're back to the 'Beta' Madden Gameplay & That's A Great Thing!

What sliders and difficulty yu using for franchise
Old 11-13-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

Re: It's Official - We're back to the 'Beta' Madden Gameplay & That's A Great Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear
So after reading the patch thread a couple days ago, how people were saying the game is back to playing like it did on the Beta. I remained skeptical. Welp, after about 6 games played I can finally say the gameplay is back to being awesome IMO.

I'm finally having crazy games where it comes down to the last drive - and even then I was only manage to hit a FG to tie - go into OT and we both shut down the offense, each getting a FG before time ran out for my first ever (?) TIE game in Madden lol...

In one Franchise Im playing with a complete crap rebuilding team, I even traded off almost everyone over 80 OVR. Before the patch I was still winning with this team like 31-17 or 24-10 type games. NOW I can't shut down a good offense to speak of --- and it actually MAKES Sense. I got slaughtered 21-40 against the Cowboys. It was actually very competitive until the second half surprisingly.

Another thing I want to say - DEEP Threat WRs are actually playing like Deep Threats. Every now and then you see them getting open down the seem, time it right and they have a 58 yard pass. However, throw it to the same player for a 3 yard catch with on 3rd and 2 and if he gets hit while catching it, it drops.. he's just not ready to be an all around WR yet. This was John Ross for example. Pretty spot on. Same goes for the tall TE/WR below a 75 who hasn't developed much besides ok CIT - good in the redzone but god forbid you throw a 15+ yard play to them, most likely a drop or bounces off their hands.

So yeah, players are back to playing like themselves, I love it. Only thing I'd ask them to tune is the USER pass rush. It's back to being almost impossible to beat your OL unless you have a pass rusher above 90. That's the ONLY problem Im having. Loving the gameplay now, and hope the rest of you guys are as well.

I agree with you I am loving the gameplay now. I also had my first ever tie game the other night.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

I wouldn't say it's quite back to the beta yet, but it is playing a lot better than it has been since the last update. The animations are all playing out smoother and player interactions look better. The one thing that still kills the fun factor for me is user lurks are pretty much back to 19 and I play in a league so I play a lot of user vs user. When the game released it was so nice, you could actually fit the ball in to some tight windows. Now we're back to the user even after biting on another route being able to turn on a dime and cover 15-20 yards of ground in a matter of seconds to get to a whole different route and make the int. I'm pretty sure they increased the play on ball radius for linebackers closer to what it was in 19. Against the CPU it's not nearly as noticeable because they don't cover ground like a user does.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
Pro

I haven't played the game in about two weeks so I really can't say anything one way or the other. It's not that I hate the game or whatever... just haven't had time.

The only thing that worries me is that I'll have to ONCE AGAIN adjust my sliders. But if the game plays as well as you say, I would love for EA to leave it alone now. Then when next year's game come out, start here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Naw...QBs aren't scrambling and throwing on the run like they did.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Upon reading there is actually nothing "Official" to report.

Nothing to see here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »