Home

Are D-Line stunts and twists in the game?

This is a discussion on Are D-Line stunts and twists in the game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Are D-Line stunts and twists in the game?

Last Madden I have is 17. Are defensive line stunts and twists in Madden 20? I noticed this strategy watching more NFL games last year (also helped not being in fantasy leagues so I payed attention to defense and strategy more) and a lot of teams stunt and/or twist their lines often in order to get pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Are D-Line stunts and twists in the game?

Not a one in the stock playbooks.

But one thing I have noticed and it may be by total accident but if you use the slant out defensive line adjustment in certain coverages, one side of your line, usually the left will end doing a T/E stunt.

Again, it may not be by design because it doesn’t happen every time I use slant out and it seems to happen less in wide-9, so I haven’t been able to pin it down, but it sure does happen in certain nickel sets where it’ll almost look like they might be bumping into one another but the defensive end will wind up rushing against the guard and the dt will end up on the offensive tackle.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Honestly, with suction blocking in this game, I would not expect to see it any time soon. And if they did have it, the players would do a stunt/twist and just be suctioned blocked into the new blocker.

They have a long way to go before that comes.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

i liked 2k, pick front/stunt, pick lber use and then db use, shame create a custom plabook was such a pain. and methinks any unusual activity and direction from the front seven like 4-3 under edge rush usually ends up being a winner as its not normal and the poor oline code misses it. then again without prompting my rg and rt try and block the le in a 3-4 and leave the lolb free all the time. i shouldnt have to call the mike on every play

Last edited by Ueauvan; 08-26-2019 at 07:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »