Home

CPU Clock managment Wrost of the series?

This is a discussion on CPU Clock managment Wrost of the series? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2019, 12:31 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
CPU Clock managment Wrost of the series?

I really can't remember any other game that had clock management so bad. Basically all close games i can win because CPU will never call time out and let the time pass by. I'm not being picky here, just really basic clock management is really bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 01:02 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Clock managment Wrost of the series?

Did you not play last year? They were just as bad. I'm talking letting the clock run out in contested games with TOs still in their pocket.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:26 AM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, this is something that they really need to fix in a patch, its ridiculous how bad it is. Once in a while the CPU will get it right, but far to often they manage the clock poorly and give themselves no chance at all to win.

Outside of this issue, Im enjoying the game. I quit buying Madden several yrs ago, due to how bad the game had gotten. But decided to take the chance on 20, and overall Im pleased, but the CPU clock management at end of the half and end of game is horrible. Im no video game maker, but I have a hard time believing the devs cant fix this in a patch.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-30-2019, 05:22 AM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yep, this is something that needs to be fixed. I'm tempted to start calling my timeouts for the CPU to prevent cheap wins.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:54 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I really can't remember any other game that had clock management so bad. Basically all close games i can win because CPU will never call time out and let the time pass by. I'm not being picky here, just really basic clock management is really bad.
After the latest patch, I saw the CPU handling the no huddle and using time-outs reasonably well in the first half. However, in my past two franchise games, I had to call time outs for the CPU in the 4th quarter during end-of-game drives. On both occasions, they were well within reach to kick game-winning field goals. I figured the CPU was trying to grind clock in order to leave me with no time left. Nope. They called a play in the huddle with less than 16 seconds left so I burned the time out right after, since they would have run out of time. They then kicked the FG.

While CPU clock management and play calling has been "shaky" in the past, this year it's terrible at the end of the game. While I understand this game is mostly designed and thereby tested for "head-to-head play", it's time for this to be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

It is almost a game killer for me. I don't have 20 yet and am waiting to see if this, along with other legacy issues, gets addressed. However, in 19 it is just as bad. Brain dead CPU at end of half and game.

It is embarrassing that they have not fixed this for the past few iterations of the game. It does show that they don't put much, if any, time in testing human vs cpu games during their alpha and beta test cycle.

This is just a series of if-then-else statements based on pretty simple criteria. It should be very easy for them to update and patch. Why they don't or won't...I'll never know.

C
Old 08-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Every edition of this game has been gosh-awful. Even if the cpu calls timeouts, it is only under 2 minutes. I have to agree with Capa, it is 2019 for goodness sakes, about time to get this right.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

CPU threw a pass on first down leading me with less than two minutes to go in the game instead of kneeling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »