Home

Best run defense

This is a discussion on Best run defense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best run defense

What are some tips to slow down online players with jukebox?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Best run defense

Have a guy with secure tackler (good) or tackle supreme (better). Strafing up doesn't work as well this year and conservative tackles are terrible. You more or less need to get your avatars to collide to induce a tackle and that's tough against someone with juke box.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I went to a 4-3 and use 3 DTs and 1 rushing End. My 3 Lbs are all Run Stoppers. I feel the LBs with Run stop attribute fair rather well when blitzing. I feel the big bodies, of having 3 DTs allows my pass rush to get in effectively.

I got the idea from a number of past NFL team who switch base formations, but most recently the Carolina panthers going to a more 3-4 base has reminded me to innovate my own team as they are essentially using former DTs as 3-4 DEs.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
MVP

Size and STR are a big deal this year. Weight threshold goes all the way up to 350. I'd rather have a guy with 90 STR and 80 BSH than vice versa.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Size and STR are a big deal this year. Weight threshold goes all the way up to 350. I'd rather have a guy with 90 STR and 80 BSH than vice versa.
does weight effect speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I am with you 100%
Old 10-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
does weight effect speed?
No, but it goes directly into the calculation which determines whether or not a DL sheds in the run game. There is a strictly increasing positive modifier that maxes out at 350.

Strength differentials are also huge and can completely overwhelm advantages in blocking vs. shedding. If you pick up one of those low 80s STR OL that EA loves to litter their draft classes with expect him to get whipped often when he goes against someone in the high 80s or 90s regardless of their BSH or rush moves.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I went to a 4-3 and use 3 DTs and 1 rushing End. My 3 Lbs are all Run Stoppers. I feel the LBs with Run stop attribute fair rather well when blitzing. I feel the big bodies, of having 3 DTs allows my pass rush to get in effectively.

I got the idea from a number of past NFL team who switch base formations, but most recently the Carolina panthers going to a more 3-4 base has reminded me to innovate my own team as they are essentially using former DTs as 3-4 DEs.

I like to do this as well. You can also use 3-4 Predator or 3-4 Over Ed if you want to stay in a "3-4" but give 4-3 looks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »