Home

Revisit since release

This is a discussion on Revisit since release within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2019, 05:22 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Revisit since release

Good morning,

Simply a revisit after a few franchise years. Thanks to the Dev team for releasing one of the best Maddens to date. Coming from a guy who's been locked in since the first version I played back in 1989 on sega genesis, wonderful job!

Its pretty much back to the classic "weighted" playstation feel, with better graphics, camera cuts, and ratings that appear to mean much. I can remember going through the initial years after the transition to "next gen" systems when the player movement was like disney on ice (defying the laws of physics lol), no equipment (face masks, etc), and all of the oddness in general.

The storm has been weathered, and I hope its only up from here. At this point, BRAVO!!!! I am having a BLAST with no let up in sight (Currently in franchise year 2022). All we need now is NCAA to make a return with the draft classes. Atleast I can edit them, so I sprinkle in (4) legends across the league every year, from old schoolers like Johnny Unitas up to Ronnie Lott, Clay Matthews, etc. Great time indeed!

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 11-13-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

Re: Revisit since release

I am having a blast with this years Madden also. I find myself getting into my franchise games a little more. Right now I am about to start up a second franchise with the Packers. I wanna see if I can get Rodgers another ring and groom his replacement.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good morning,

Simply a revisit after a few franchise years. Thanks to the Dev team for releasing one of the best Maddens to date. Coming from a guy who's been locked in since the first version I played back in 1989 on sega genesis, wonderful job!

Its pretty much back to the classic "weighted" playstation feel, with better graphics, camera cuts, and ratings that appear to mean much. I can remember going through the initial years after the transition to "next gen" systems when the player movement was like disney on ice (defying the laws of physics lol), no equipment (face masks, etc), and all of the oddness in general.

The storm has been weathered, and I hope its only up from here. At this point, BRAVO!!!! I am having a BLAST with no let up in sight (Currently in franchise year 2022). All we need now is NCAA to make a return with the draft classes. Atleast I can edit them, so I sprinkle in (4) legends across the league every year, from old schoolers like Johnny Unitas up to Ronnie Lott, Clay Matthews, etc. Great time indeed!
Were you paid by EA for this post? Madden use to be a game of X's and O's...kind of...Now it's an animation driven game that is basically turned into a button mashing slop fest.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecmo1
Were you paid by EA for this post? Madden use to be a game of X's and O's...kind of...Now it's an animation driven game that is basically turned into a button mashing slop fest.
Nah, Kings has been honest and real throughout his time here, if you've been here longer, you might not have said the first part.

As to your second part, if you play user vs cpu sim, there is no need to button mash.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, Kings has been honest and real throughout his time here, if you've been here longer, you might not have said the first part.

As to your second part, if you play user vs cpu sim, there is no need to button mash.
As someone who plays quite a bit of both user vs user and user vs CPU I will say it's such a different experience between them. For user vs CPU this game is playing pretty good for the most part, for user vs user it was playing much better at release but lately it's been a mess. The latest update smoothed a few things out so it's a little better, but at release this game played really good for user vs user just needed some slight tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Why not simply just state your opinion, while still showing respect to those whose views that you don't happen to share? Trust me, you'll be a happier person for it. Peace.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Especially since they removed the tackle battle.......
Old 11-13-2019, 11:19 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I would say the game plays as well as I can remember Madden playing honestly. And I've played a lot of Madden! I'm not an online gamer, when it comes to Madden, I'm a franchise mode guy. If I have a gripe, it's scouting, the draft, etc.

But in terms of the on-field action, I rather enjoy it. And I would disagree with the idea that Madden "used to be" a game of X's and O's. You know what Madden used to be? An endless frustration in psychic DBs and super LBs. Remember those days? I remember one of the biggest sticking points on the board was just wanting the O-Line to form a proper pocket!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »