Home

Salary Cap Inconsistency, Please help!

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Inconsistency, Please help! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Salary Cap Inconsistency, Please help!

Please help! When I negotiate contracts in-season, I get inconsistent numbers of what my projected salary cap would be next year.

For example, based on my hypothetical 1 year offer to Emanuel Sanders (salary + signing bonus), I cannot afford a 1.02 M Cap Hit. According to Matt Breida's page, I can't even afford a $740K offer! However, for Arik Armstead, I can afford a $7.21 M offer (with 1.2 M Cap Room to spare). Same with Jason Verrett.

This is driving me crazy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200113_164249-COLLAGE.jpg (244.0 KB, 151 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2020, 02:51 AM   #2
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Re: Salary Cap Inconsistency, Please help!

If u offer a contract to one player, and are in the middle of ‘negotiations,’ that money counts against the cap if u then try to sign another player.

Let’s say u had 2 players u wanted to sign. U have $5 mil in cap space. U offer a contract to player 1 that pays $4 mil for the first season. The player turns it down and says something like, ‘I like the duration, but that’s about it.’ Now, u try to sign player 2, and u should see that u only have $1 mil in cap space to sign him. Even though u didn’t sign player 1, the game is still taking into account that you’re trying to sign him and is sort of ‘allocating’ those funds for him while you’re negotiating. I think this is purposely done so u don’t go over the cap trying to sign 3-4 players at once if they all don’t accept the offer right away. If the player says, ‘I think I’ll go to free agency,’ then that cap money would be available, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Salary Cap Inconsistency, Please help!

That must be it. Thanks!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »