Home

Release of throw/ sacked

This is a discussion on Release of throw/ sacked within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0
Release of throw/ sacked

Anybody have any idea why is it when i go to throw I'm in a sack animation, is it my slider?. Soon as I press a icon to throw the ball I get sacked..

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 07:00 AM   #2
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Release of throw/ sacked

Typically its due to slow animations given to QBs... it's there throwing style its pre historic. Especially for short passes.

One of my biggest gripes. Wish we could get like maybe 20-30 different throw styles and have them sortable by speed. (Very fast, above avg, average, below avg )

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
Anybody have any idea why is it when i go to throw I'm in a sack animation, is it my slider?. Soon as I press a icon to throw the ball I get sacked..

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 03-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Typically its due to slow animations given to QBs... it's there throwing style its pre historic. Especially for short passes.

One of my biggest gripes. Wish we could get like maybe 20-30 different throw styles and have them sortable by speed. (Very fast, above avg, average, below avg )

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Yeah, that’s what I’m assuming the OP is talking about. I’m all for greater pressure on the QB. I’m all for the X-factors that can make certain DL super tough to play against. But, they really need to fix the timing of the animation to button press. I’ll gladly take some incomplete passes on these. But, many should NOT be sacks. When your QB has a throw animation go halfway, if he gets hit, I’ll take an incomplete. I’ll even take a bobbled INT or something. But, that sack animation just takes over. It does make u throw a little sooner once u get used to it. But, in some ways, u never get used to it. U see the defender coming at u, it looks like you’ve got enough time, u press the button to throw, the throw animation starts and maybe even almost completed, and WHAP!! Sack animation takes over.

Yeah, this would be nice to see them fix. To be fair, it’s very close. It’s less than a second they need to fix. But, it also has to be something they chose to do to make the D a little tougher. They could choose to always allow the throw animation to finish, they could choose to let the sack animation dominate (which is currently the case), and I wonder if they can just tweak this slightly to change the ‘when’ of the sack animation taking over. And, as I said, I’d really like to see them factor in the timing of these things better and allow for some incomplete passes, some ints, and also some awkward catches. I had one just yesterday, I believe, where I really feel like I just got the throw off. I had a TE running parallel to the LOS. He was wide open. I would’ve loved to have seen the sack hit trigger an animation that would’ve thrown the ball a few yards behind my TE. But, I’ll bet irl he would’ve caught it because of how wide open he was. But, instead, in madden, it just turns into a sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2020, 10:54 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
But, they really need to fix the timing of the animation to button press. I’ll gladly take some incomplete passes on these. But, many should NOT be sacks. When your QB has a throw animation go halfway, if he gets hit, I’ll take an incomplete. I’ll even take a bobbled INT or something. But, that sack animation just takes over.
That was actually done on purpose to have the one ability that some QB's have where they can throw out of sack animations stand out more. It's similar to how escape artist is where basically if you don't have it, your QB moves like a slug behind the LOS and has cinder block feet before he can take off. Not saying I agree with it, just relaying what I've been told on why something like below will often end up as a sack.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That was actually done on purpose to have the one ability that some QB's have where they can throw out of sack animations stand out more. It's similar to how escape artist is where basically if you don't have it, your QB moves like a slug behind the LOS and has cinder block feet before he can take off. Not saying I agree with it, just relaying what I've been told on why something like below will often end up as a sack.

You could say that's a reason they didn't change it, but it was already like this in 18 and 19.

The ability simply fixes the problem we've had for years... for a select few.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »