Home

Why NFL2k Sim can't come soon enough

This is a discussion on Why NFL2k Sim can't come soon enough within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why NFL2k Sim can't come soon enough

We desperately need some competition for Madden. While I don't personally think 2K is going to be ready to go with a great product at first, if they ever do get access to the license to make a Sim game, the competition alone could help Madden get a little bit better in some ways. I have little doubt that with a full license 2K would have a far better product within 3 games at most. Just compare NBA Live to 2K. Tiburon is pure garbage; any redeeming qualities they have is completely negated by their naked greed and laziness.

Madden ignores some of the easiest things to fix. Things that have nothing to do with tweaking game play.

Like being able to assign player name audio to created/drafted players. This has been around in other games for a LONG time. There is absolutely zero excuses I would accept when it has existed in other EA sports titles, like Fifa and NHL.

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, that Tiburon done is geared towards making money and not product quality. MUT is all they care about, and the tiniest things they add to non-MUT modes is strictly to shut up fans. They do the bare minimum. Want more proof?

In NBA 2k and MLB the Show, you can play with legends, even in franchise mode. In Madden, the ONLY way to play with legends is by purchasing them in MUT. Tiburon is a garbage studio; it's not all EA (who should do us all a favor and go bankrupt asap) because EA Vancouver manages to do little things Madden can't be bothered with with a fraction of the budget. Not that NHL series is particularly good, but they are not outright trolling fans like Tiburon does.

Tiburon cannot redeem itself, even if they wanted to, because the entire mentality of the studio is **** the Fans, Give Us Money. They are too greedy (and ultimately short-sighted) to do even the bare minimum.

Everything about customization, from players to coaches to teams is the laziest crap anyone has ever seen from one of the "Major" sports titles. Even garbage Fifa offers more depth, and now that EA has used their deep pockets to bury the competition PES, Fifa is going to be as bad or worse than Madden.

As long as Tiburon is making Madden, it will be the bare minimum garbage they can get away with while still getting all those idiots to give money to MUT. $60 for a roster update and you STILL have to give them more of your money? What a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Re: Why NFL2k Sim can't come soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaspo
We desperately need some competition for Madden. While I don't personally think 2K is going to be ready to go with a great product at first, if they ever do get access to the license to make a Sim game, the competition alone could help Madden get a little bit better in some ways. I have little doubt that with a full license 2K would have a far better product within 3 games at most. Just compare NBA Live to 2K. Tiburon is pure garbage; any redeeming qualities they have is completely negated by their naked greed and laziness.

Madden ignores some of the easiest things to fix. Things that have nothing to do with tweaking game play.

Like being able to assign player name audio to created/drafted players. This has been around in other games for a LONG time. There is absolutely zero excuses I would accept when it has existed in other EA sports titles, like Fifa and NHL.

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, that Tiburon done is geared towards making money and not product quality. MUT is all they care about, and the tiniest things they add to non-MUT modes is strictly to shut up fans. They do the bare minimum. Want more proof?

In NBA 2k and MLB the Show, you can play with legends, even in franchise mode. In Madden, the ONLY way to play with legends is by purchasing them in MUT. Tiburon is a garbage studio; it's not all EA (who should do us all a favor and go bankrupt asap) because EA Vancouver manages to do little things Madden can't be bothered with with a fraction of the budget. Not that NHL series is particularly good, but they are not outright trolling fans like Tiburon does.

Tiburon cannot redeem itself, even if they wanted to, because the entire mentality of the studio is **** the Fans, Give Us Money. They are too greedy (and ultimately short-sighted) to do even the bare minimum.

Everything about customization, from players to coaches to teams is the laziest crap anyone has ever seen from one of the "Major" sports titles. Even garbage Fifa offers more depth, and now that EA has used their deep pockets to bury the competition PES, Fifa is going to be as bad or worse than Madden.

As long as Tiburon is making Madden, it will be the bare minimum garbage they can get away with while still getting all those idiots to give money to MUT. $60 for a roster update and you STILL have to give them more of your money? What a joke.
They know this. Just read the Madden forum and ppl are still arguing about whether it's a quality product or not. The game is broken and until the blind or intentionally pro madden 4ever ppl admit this and the numbers start reflecting what we're force fed every year then nothing significant will change. I'm actually shocked they defend this trash at all. Devs actually tweet like they are doing some top quality work when other sports titles make them look like super nintendo game devs. Its 2020 yet here we are with madden

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 04-11-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
They know this. Just read the Madden forum and ppl are still arguing about whether it's a quality product or not. The game is broken and until the blind or intentionally pro madden 4ever ppl admit this and the numbers start reflecting what we're force fed every year then nothing significant will change. I'm actually shocked they defend this trash at all. Devs actually tweet like they are doing some top quality work when other sports titles make them look like super nintendo game devs. Its 2020 yet here we are with madden

When you see what 2K and SDS accomplish, it's almost shocking how bad Madden is. I'm not sure how much of it is laziness, ineptitude, and how much is Tiburon intentionally trying to funnel people over to MUT. A few years ago, I almost tried MUT, just to get to play with some Legends, but

a)it's not like there is any reasonable way to play with the best version (aka the authentic version) of a Legend unless you have a ton of disposable income
b)I think $60 is more than enough to pay for what is basically just a patch and roster update. I refuse to give them anymore, even though I actually bought it used for cheap from a friend who was sick of the game.

I hadn't bought or played a Madden game in years, and while it does LOOK a lot better, and a few improvements have been made, it is still fundamentally broken product, from gameplay to franchise mode. This game is absolutely pathetic, and while I can understand fans still buying it and playing it if they really need their digital football fix, I can't understand anyone actually defending the product.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:18 PM   #4
MVP

prey2god's Arena

The hell with 2K. Just bring out more competition in the form of Gameday, Tecmo, etc. More competition is never bad. Ever. The more football games there are in the market, the more quality each game gets to compete against one another.

Just having one company monopolize a sports game will result in them becoming complacent and lazy going forward.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
The hell with 2K. Just bring out more competition in the form of Gameday, Tecmo, etc. More competition is never bad. Ever. The more football games there are in the market, the more quality each game gets to compete against one another.

Just having one company monopolize a sports game will result in them becoming complacent and lazy going forward.

I'm not saying make 2K the exclusive license holder, although I doubt they would be anywhere near as bad as Tiburon if they had exclusive rights. But when was the last time 989 or Tecmo made a quality sports title? 2K at least has a lot of things in place to make a game that can challenge Madden almost right away. While there is a LOT to dislike about 2K as well, they are miles better than Tiburon. Especially when it comes to offline play. The sandlot experience 2K offers compared to Madden is just orders of magnitude better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
I'm not saying make 2K the exclusive license holder, although I doubt they would be anywhere near as bad as Tiburon if they had exclusive rights. But when was the last time 989 or Tecmo made a quality sports title? 2K at least has a lot of things in place to make a game that can challenge Madden almost right away. While there is a LOT to dislike about 2K as well, they are miles better than Tiburon. Especially when it comes to offline play. The sandlot experience 2K offers compared to Madden is just orders of magnitude better.

You have valid points and Tecmo and 989 are technically out of the market as of now, but who's to say other companies won't cash in on the competition. Especially with that of Sony who once had plans to make a football game similar to that of MLB The Show, but obviously couldn't with the licensing issue.

Bottom line is, it's going to open up competition and that's not a bad thing. It's gives us all variety. I remember back in the day, I was able to rent NFL 2K, Madden, Gameday, and other NFL games that very same year and bought them according to my favorite.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
You have valid points and Tecmo and 989 are technically out of the market as of now, but who's to say other companies won't cash in on the competition. Especially with that of Sony who once had plans to make a football game similar to that of MLB The Show, but obviously couldn't with the licensing issue.

Bottom line is, it's going to open up competition and that's not a bad thing. It's gives us all variety. I remember back in the day, I was able to rent NFL 2K, Madden, Gameday, and other NFL games that very same year and bought them according to my favorite.
I remember those days fondly. And while EA is horrible, it's Tiburon that is far more the problem than EA.

EA's own studio made NCAA, which despite its flaws, had a ton of heart and tried to be better each year. EA Vancouver makes NHL, and a lot of the stupid simple problems in Madden are not present in NHL. Especially when it comes to anything offline related. Obviously, EA owns Tiburon, so the buck should always stop with them, but Tiburon is especially terrible even by EA standards.

I hope you are right, and I would really like to see Sony AND 2K take their best shot at making a football simulation. There are always issues, but MLB the Show really does try to make a great game, even if their franchise mode also needs some updating like 2K. Both studios are still lightyears ahead.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #8
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
When you see what 2K and SDS accomplish, it's almost shocking how bad Madden is. I'm not sure how much of it is laziness, ineptitude, and how much is Tiburon intentionally trying to funnel people over to MUT. A few years ago, I almost tried MUT, just to get to play with some Legends, but

a)it's not like there is any reasonable way to play with the best version (aka the authentic version) of a Legend unless you have a ton of disposable income
b)I think $60 is more than enough to pay for what is basically just a patch and roster update. I refuse to give them anymore, even though I actually bought it used for cheap from a friend who was sick of the game.

I hadn't bought or played a Madden game in years, and while it does LOOK a lot better, and a few improvements have been made, it is still fundamentally broken product, from gameplay to franchise mode. This game is absolutely pathetic, and while I can understand fans still buying it and playing it if they really need their digital football fix, I can't understand anyone actually defending the product.
I hear you. Like another poster said, competition is what we need. If sds made a football game along the lines of the show I'd be happy. It's just when the sports game market is giving us quality titles from other developers, it's hard to smile with a straight face at madden.

Other titles have their flaws but baseline gameplay across the board, madden isnt even in the same league rn

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »