Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed

Madden NFL 21 game update 1.12 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Some of the patch notes...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Title Update 4 coming tomorrow

Wait is this last years update ? I feel like the same issues were fixed this time last year.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I wonder if this will bring back a semblance of CPU running game on all-pro and get rid of the dropback sacks Humans are getting versus the CPU.

CPU QB play has regressed from early on mainly with pocket passers.

I try to stay on OOB but even when I check not to auto download updates my PS4 still does it anyway and I can't take the thing offline because it's our media center for Netflix, Disney+, etc. Kind of stinks.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

No mention of fixing the QB drop back sack bug? Where they just keep backing up and taking huge sacks...how can they not address that! That’s the one thing that has ruined the game for me. Hopefully they just forgot to mention it, maybe wishful thinking...I’m sure if it was a MUT issue It would have been addressed...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-01-2020, 06:26 PM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

On the Madden 21 Ratings website (https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...player-ratings) they have suddenly added and highlighted a HAIR rating, which gives Mahomes 100 and everyone else 0. So the obvious reason for this patch is to include some kind of ridiculous Head and Shoulders cross-promotion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed

Bold prediction - this patch is going to make people perceive the QB drop back thing as being even worse, because it improves defense (the zone coverage improvements). I feel like the drop back thing happens when the AI QB has no one to throw to, so this is going to result in more coverage of WR's, which will in turn make those same QB's hold the ball even more often. I do think the zone coverage fixes are necessary, I just think that this is going to be an unfortunate side effect of it.

We'll see.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Bold prediction - this patch is going to make people perceive the QB drop back thing as being even worse, because it improves defense (the zone coverage improvements). I feel like the drop back thing happens when the AI QB has no one to throw to, so this is going to result in more coverage of WR's, which will in turn make those same QB's hold the ball even more often. I do think the zone coverage fixes are necessary, I just think that this is going to be an unfortunate side effect of it.

We'll see.

I don’t understand what is so hard about the QBs throwing it away like you see every Sunday when guys are covered Frustrating but predictable I think your likely right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 10-01-2020, 07:09 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I feel like the drop back thing happens when the AI QB has no one to throw to, so this is going to result in more coverage of WR's, which will in turn make those same QB's hold the ball even more often. I do think the zone coverage fixes are necessary, I just think that this is going to be an unfortunate side effect of it.
I also feel like it's a secondary effect of some particular slider, setting, or trait-editing approach.

Nearly everybody I've seen report it is somebody that often posts about frequent slider adjustments, often as they chase ever-increasing levels of stat accuracy (many times trying to get one specific stat "right"). Meanwhile, most people who aren't experiencing it play with sliders at or very close to default.

A patch that improves coverage will have the people who address everything that doesn't match their expectations with slider adjustments adjusting more, potentially making the issue worse.

Last edited by tg88forHOF; 10-01-2020 at 09:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »