Home

Anyone play Madden 21 OOTB no patches?

This is a discussion on Anyone play Madden 21 OOTB no patches? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2020, 05:48 PM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Anyone play Madden 21 OOTB no patches?

Just curious what you think of the gameplay OOTB? Thinking to pick this up and play it like this or just keep Madden 20? Any major glitches to be aware of?

Last edited by caseyj622; 11-08-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone play Madden 21 OOTB no patches?

Id highly advise you to save your money and not purchase Madden 21 if you can find enjoyment in 20 still. Theres a few things offered in M21. But overall this year is by far the buggiest & least put together Madden. Its unreal. Yea they drop a patch every week. Think there has been 11 or 12 patches since release. But it always breaks something else in the game

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 11-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Other than the server issue in the last patch I have not experienced any game breaking issues. Some of the patches have changed the flow of the game for the worse in my mind due to tuning but I'd be hard pressed to say the same didn't happen over time in Madden 20 as patches dropped. The realism of the out of the box 20 dwindled as EA caved to make it a little easier for non sim gamers. Seems similar this year.

I'm not saying that this years version hasn't had bugs but honestly almost none of them have affected me to this point so It's hard for me to hear everyone saying it's worse than 20.

Playing OOTB Madden 20 vs. Madden 21 I'd have to say 21 is better gameplay wise assuming you don't get affected by glitches and bugs. I mean.....glitches and bugs that weren;t already there is Madden 20 too....
Old 11-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I play OOTB on PS4. I like it better than the moving target w/ patches. I've played everything up to 1.14 and in my view, the game is not substantially better than it was on 1.0, which is why I'm staying put there.

2 issues OOTB require adjustments. There is a slight kicking lag, rarely, on XP plays, but this can be avoided by waiting a couple seconds before starting the meter. The other thing is that zone coverage drops can sometimes revert to 0 for reason I can't discern, so I just check these a few times a game in-game and make sure they're right.

Those are minor issues to me and I love the game play, but that's just my .02.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

I have the original Digital version saved to an external drive and I keep going back to after trying each updated version saved on the Xbox.

I went back and read the 1-2nd Updates to see what in those updates really affected my gameplay experience to justify downloading them.

What I’ve found over the years is that not all issues, including those things considered bugs/glitches affect everyone across the board.

As far as comparing M21 to M20, I’m not in the camp that says gameplay is the same.

To me OOTB is better in these areas compared to the updated version.
- Pass Rush
- AI QB scrambling/pocket AWR/decision making/movement
- New THP/Trajectories impact
- COD impact (updates reverted back to instant COD)
- WR/DB interactions/animations are way better
- OL Resistance tuned to match OL OVR level better

If you buy the disk, you’ll always be able to revert back after trying the updates and not being happy with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »