Home

QB accuracy is getting on my nerves

This is a discussion on QB accuracy is getting on my nerves within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
QB accuracy is getting on my nerves

Like many I'm really enjoying this years game, much more so than i have in years. However, the one thing that is really annoying me is the lack of realistic accuracy representation in the game.

Right now the game basically has two types of accuracy. Accurate means the ball goes exactly where you want it to go. Inaccurate means the ball goes 50 feet away from where it was intended.

That's just now how this works and it really forces the player into a bad situation when trying to get good realism out of QB play.

Even the worse NFL QBs don't miss a 3 yard drag route by 15 yards. The only time a pass should be that inaccurate is when it's a deep throw of 20 yards or over.

There needs to be more of a realistic spectrum of inaccurate passes not Drew Breese/Rex Grossman

If you look at Pro Football Focus (a must for any football nerds) they illustrate that the "uncatchable" ball is relatively rare and that inaccurate throws are throws that make the catch more difficult or make running after the catch less effective. There should also be more variance on throws to certain routes. A slant or a curl is relatively easy throws to make because the qb is throwing to a specific spot. The deep in or out, post, corner, and comeback require a higher level of accuracy and arm strength to put in the proper place. We shouldn't see balls flying 10 yards away from their target we should see them being just out of reach or a bit behind where the wr needs it to be.

What they could do is make it so certain qbs affect the available catch animations for the WR. If your QB is innacurate then they will always force wrs to have animations that stop their momentum and ability to turn upfield. There's plenty of options. At a minimum though I shouldn't feel like every throw is a possible interception if my qb doesn't have 90 or higher accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: QB accuracy is getting on my nerves

Definitely an issue. I appreciate it much more than how it used to be where everything was on a rope regardless of ratings.

The biggest issue for me is how AI QBs play. The low rated guys are unstoppable because they never take risks and their accuracy is perfect. The highly rated guys (xfactors) take way too many risks and are way too inaccurate.

I get why they're programmed the way they are but I'm consistently seeing top tier QBs throw 3+ INTs against me while the garbage tier (Daniel Jones, Haskins, etc) have 90% completion and 0 turnovers. It's almost as if pressure doesn't effect AI QBs the way it affects user QBs.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
MVP

I agree accuracy is a problem. Like you said a large part of inaccuracy is the wr adjusting to the ball resulting in less yards after catch or throws right behind where the wr can not reach the opposite direction he is running to make the catch on crossers, outs and such. Another real life innacuracy is too much air under or not enough air under the ball. The receiver having to wait on the ball and the defender closing. A lot of sideline throws where the ball is just out of bounds and the receiver misses it because he tries to make sure his feet stay in bounds. A lot of lower tier qb's can have good completion percentages but constantly fail to deliver the ball in a way that a wr can make a big play.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

My favorite is when you get the accurate pass feedback and it still sails 10-15 yards over the head of your WR.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

I got fed up with the number of interceptions thrown from wildly inaccurate passes. Right into the chest of a defender 12 yards away from the target. 2-3 times per game. I have my QB accuracy slider at 100 right now. I have the CPU defense sliders (on all madden) tuned to be difficult enough so I still throw picks and hit 65ish percent of my throws. And my QB does still miss throws even at 100 accuracy. The misses just aren’t wild 12 yard misses and the picks are deserved from bad judgement or good plays by the defense rather than stupid and unrealistic levels of bad luck with throw accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #6
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
My favorite is when you get the accurate pass feedback and it still sails 10-15 yards over the head of your WR.
I see this quit a bit its like rng still plays a factor on top of the human element/timing of button pressing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 02:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

I'm fine with it. With a good QB, you get passes on the money, facilitating a catch and run or hard for a DB to defend. With a bad QB, you get a lot more that are slightly off target, stopping a run, or calling the WR ability in to play as to whether he can adjust to it. With all QBs, you get a rare wild miss-throw, especially if under pressure or on the run. It's not as binary as made out, and none miss by 50 feet.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #8
Rookie

I had one the other night where my TE ran a short cut back route right in the middle of the field, so he is standing still facing my QB about 5yds from scrimmage in front of my QB, He is my check down so I sit in the pocket, no one else open, throw it to my TE with no one around him and I have a clean pocket and the ball goes 10yds to the right and hits the LB between the numbers. Looked at the replay and my QBs arm goes directly at my TE and the ball leaves at a 45 degree angle from the direction his arm is going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »