Home

No Trades for 3 seasons...

This is a discussion on No Trades for 3 seasons... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2021, 09:16 PM   #1
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
No Trades for 3 seasons...

Yepppp that is right since their last big franchise update that was suppose to work on logic by the cpu apparently in trading free agency and draft,

ive not seen one trade, not even during the draft,

even when i put someone on the trade block, i got no offers, sooooo what the helllll, was that only a new gen fix, ok maybe i think there was one trade but it was very small if i remember,

and when i did have trades during the draft awhile ago it was always just draft picks.. no players, sooooo ill go and check again if trades are on they were last time i looked, and im only controlling one team,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: No Trades for 3 seasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Yepppp that is right since their last big franchise update that was suppose to work on logic by the cpu apparently in trading free agency and draft,

ive not seen one trade, not even during the draft,

even when i put someone on the trade block, i got no offers, sooooo what the helllll, was that only a new gen fix, ok maybe i think there was one trade but it was very small if i remember,

and when i did have trades during the draft awhile ago it was always just draft picks.. no players, sooooo ill go and check again if trades are on they were last time i looked, and im only controlling one team,
I have never seen a trade during the draft, or any other portion of the season in my franchise. I am 8 years deep too. Played the game both on a One X and Series X.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-01-2021, 09:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I have never seen a trade during the draft, or any other portion of the season in my franchise. I am 8 years deep too. Played the game both on a One X and Series X.

Yeah I noticed this after the update. I summed the first season and used a real life draft class. The first 5 or so teams weren't QB needy teams so they all skipped over Lawrence. In real life the first overall pick would be on the trade block. Instead this once in a generation QB wasn't drafted until the 6th pick.

I like the fact there is now logic and really appreciate that Franchise is getting a decent amount of development focus but it's still so far away from being a simulation
Old 05-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #4
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Yeah I noticed this after the update. I summed the first season and used a real life draft class. The first 5 or so teams weren't QB needy teams so they all skipped over Lawrence. In real life the first overall pick would be on the trade block. Instead this once in a generation QB wasn't drafted until the 6th pick.

I like the fact there is now logic and really appreciate that Franchise is getting a decent amount of development focus but it's still so far away from being a simulation
We can hope they ACTUALLY put meaningful effort into franchise, and not make it more of a buggy mess.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-09-2021, 10:49 PM   #5
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

The issue is................ MUT, online play, i get it that can be way fun to if your are into that, building teams and playing against other real life people,

cause we humans have alil more common sense and logic when it comes to the plays and what to do, the AI sometimes is sooo off

but look at how much madden and EA gets off of MUT, and those other things they do, where people end up spending 100-120 if not more on the game, trying to get all the best things for their myteam,

its sad, really it is... there is no reason i should have gone 3 seasons in and no cpu trades, I like 2ks trading set up, where u can click on one of your own players another player or pick, and then click on find offers and bam u got teams offering trades,

And sometimes i still think the AI leaves to many solid decent players on FA,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #6
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
And sometimes i still think the AI leaves to many solid decent players on FA,
I think this has a lot to do with how they've implemented the cap and contracts. EA decided to make contract negotiating harder and more realistic, which is great. You now see contracts that are really close to what you see in the real world.

The problem is that teams don't have the salary cap tools that teams have in the real world (carry-over from free space from the year prior, ability to restructure contracts, ability to front-load contracts, voidable years, etc.) So what you get are realistic contract numbers and a bunch of teams that are in cap trouble with no tools to lighten the burden, and the result is good players in free agency that stay unsigned because nobody can afford them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »