Home

Matchup glitches hopefully to be fixed in M22

This is a discussion on Matchup glitches hopefully to be fixed in M22 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2021, 04:34 AM   #1
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0
Matchup glitches hopefully to be fixed in M22

Hi guys

So video from a good online league game I had last night showing two issues with DB matchups.

Note I had a rule to match WR based on speed (because opponent had two blazing speed targets).

First I am in Nickel 335 W with 2 Man under covrage and I get the WLB on the slot. It was absolutely impossible to get the slot CB lined and had to burn a TO.

Second against a twin set I am in 34 predator Cover 4 Quarter. The second ILB lines up in front of the wr i want to re-align to have the Cb to switch. He does but it totallyh mess up the coverage because the CB keep the deep zone assignement popposing side of the field. So forced to bring the CB back at his position and expose myself against the run.

I think probably it is difficult o understand what I mean but video should make it clear.

I really hope these get fixed for M22.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Matchup glitches hopefully to be fixed in M22

I understand your frustration with the first play. Since you had man underneath, they should have been able to adjust.

However, with the second play, it makes since that you could not switch because you were in zone. The CB from the opposite side of the slot would not move to cover the slot because he is in zone, not man. If he did that would leave his zone empty. A linebacker is not going to be assigned that deep quarter. In other words, the adjustment you were trying to make does not make football sense. If you wanted to have the CB cover the slot, you would need to switch to man coverage.

I agree with your larger point about changing coverage assignments should be easier and less glitchy, but just wanted to point out that in the 2nd example, there is little the game can do because you were essentially trying to move a player in zone into a man to man position, but that does not change he play assignment.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I understand your frustration with the first play. Since you had man underneath, they should have been able to adjust.

However, with the second play, it makes since that you could not switch because you were in zone. The CB from the opposite side of the slot would not move to cover the slot because he is in zone, not man. If he did that would leave his zone empty. A linebacker is not going to be assigned that deep quarter. In other words, the adjustment you were trying to make does not make football sense. If you wanted to have the CB cover the slot, you would need to switch to man coverage.

I agree with your larger point about changing coverage assignments should be easier and less glitchy, but just wanted to point out that in the 2nd example, there is little the game can do because you were essentially trying to move a player in zone into a man to man position, but that does not change he play assignment.

While you're definitely spot on with the adjustments of Man vs Zone, you would think Madden could adjust these a little more realistically. Like having the boundary corner drop back and rock & roll the safety down over the uncovered receiver so that at least you have a DB down there (Or even just re-assign the deep zones so that the corner who just jogged over has the second quarter from the left.)

I have no backend knowledge of how they're coverage adjustments work but it's almost like they prioritize keeping the coverage shell in place over almost anything else.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Did you also change the "Auto-Alignment" setting? IME you can either tweak the matchup setting OR the alignment setting, but if you do both it screws this up.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock1111
While you're definitely spot on with the adjustments of Man vs Zone, you would think Madden could adjust these a little more realistically. Like having the boundary corner drop back and rock & roll the safety down over the uncovered receiver so that at least you have a DB down there (Or even just re-assign the deep zones so that the corner who just jogged over has the second quarter from the left.)

I have no backend knowledge of how they're coverage adjustments work but it's almost like they prioritize keeping the coverage shell in place over almost anything else.
What most teams do in that situation is move the LB out to the slot. That would especially be the case based on formation and coverage in that play. There would be no need to move the safety down since it is clearly C4. In real life, it would be rare in C4 to bring the safety down to cover the slot, man yes, and maybe C3.

If you are running C4 you are willing to give up underneath throws and throws to the flats. Like I said, the LB should auto move towards the slot, generally splitting the difference between the DE and the slot. This gives the LB inside leverage as he moves to his zone. If the slot goes deep, he should be picked up by the deep C4, if he runs an out, hook, or hitch the LB would have him in his zone. If he runs a slant or dig, the other ILB has him. But again, being in a full zone defense, who is lined up over who is really not important.

Honestly, if I was the DC in that situation, based on the offensive formation, I would change the coverage to C3 anyway. But that is another issue. LOL

Now I am not saying that an NFL team would never rotate the CB to the slot in C4, but it would only be to disguise the coverage. That is something Madden really struggles with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2021, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Did you also change the "Auto-Alignment" setting? IME you can either tweak the matchup setting OR the alignment setting, but if you do both it screws this up.
No was on default auto

I don’t disagree with you on the quarter Point
I probably should have changed coverage but instead i returned the cb in his position and i don’t like it

I totally disagree with the non adjustments on the zone
My LB has 90spd he could actually drop at least anythng except forcing me to return in default line up and miss a lb in the box who could haVe Make a play on the run.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »