Home

Online Franchise question!! Help

This is a discussion on Online Franchise question!! Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online Franchise question!! Help

Hey guys. Can someone quit a game they are losing and restart or simulate it without the commissioner knowing? Could this be seen as evidence for that?

It shows here he played the game twice? The user in question initially mentioned throwing 2 picks in the 1st quarter and it seemed he was getting destroyed, but the game stats show his QB didn’t throw any picks, his stat line looks questionably better than his skill In the game, and he won. Is this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Online Franchise question!! Help

It's absolutely possible in cloud Franchise for a user to quit a game at any point before it is final, at which point the result is discarded if it's a head-to-head game.

In the event of a connection interruption being the cause of this - that happens sometimes - Madden does offer the user the ability to resume a game in progress if and only if the game was a User vs CPU game, in which case their stats up to the point of connection interruption would be kept. Online head-to-head game progress is always lost if the game does not reach a conclusion.

Many competitive leagues now require that users broadcast their user vs CPU games on Twitch with stream archiving turned on to ensure no one is quitting out of games they are losing and restarting until they win.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
Rookie

I’m suspicious and we have asked him if he won fair and square and he says yes.

Is it possible that this “2 times played” stat is if he paused and came back to the game at some point? Would that show as 2 times?

Also, I know there have been reports of stats bugs but haven’t seen anything about erasing INT’s?

Let’s just say it’s super fishy. He’s about a D to C- level player and somehow went from texting complaints about how bad he is and throwing picks to winning with a great stat line and no picks .

Old 08-22-2021, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

It was user vs cpu. We only have a handful of users in the league

Old 08-23-2021, 07:04 AM   #5
MVP

Houston's Arena

You need to make it clear when playing the CPU theres no replay allowed period. There's no reason why they half to start over because there on there connection not h2h or peer 2 peer. I would not allow it period they will quit if the cpu about to win or a key player injury happens I've seen it to many times.

You gotta have 0 tolerance for restarts vs CPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
It was user vs cpu. We only have a handful of users in the league

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon12 Re: Online Franchise question!! Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
You need to make it clear when playing the CPU theres no replay allowed period. There's no reason why they half to start over because there on there connection not h2h or peer 2 peer. I would not allow it period they will quit if the cpu about to win or a key player injury happens I've seen it to many times.

You gotta have 0 tolerance for restarts vs CPU.
How do you handle if they lose connection because when they log back on to play it still shows an additional time played even if they just continue from where they left off? I know it has happened to me multiple times over the last 10 seasons.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierbengal
How do you handle if they lose connection because when they log back on to play it still shows an additional time played even if they just continue from where they left off? I know it has happened to me multiple times over the last 10 seasons.
That counter shows "Times Started" and was labeled as such in Madden 21 I believe.

If they lose connection or quit to dashboard, when they try to load back into franchise it will give them the option to continue their game and it won't be counted as playing it again.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:48 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock1111
That counter shows "Times Started" and was labeled as such in Madden 21 I believe.

If they lose connection or quit to dashboard, when they try to load back into franchise it will give them the option to continue their game and it won't be counted as playing it again.
Oh ok, we have been playing Madden 20 so that would be the difference. We are going to make the switch to 22. Thanks for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »