Home

Help with Difficulty

This is a discussion on Help with Difficulty within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
MVP

TheDarkKnightRises's Arena

OVR: 0
Help with Difficulty

So here’s my problem that I’m hoping this community can help me with. I’m way too good for Pro difficulty but I get my *** kicked on All-Pro.

How do I make the game more competitive without switching to All-Pro and losing every game? Sliders?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MLB: New York Mets
NFL: New York Giants
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Miami Hurricanes
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils/St. John's Red Storm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2021, 06:56 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Help with Difficulty

If I do start using sliders…which community sliders are best for me to use for Simulation?

Also…

Am I bet off playing on Pro and adjusting the sliders so the computer plays better or should I play on All Pro and adjust the sliders so they play worse?

Old 09-08-2021, 07:03 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Help with Difficulty

Sliders would be the answer to your question.

Instead of starting with any community slider set, I’d look at the results of your past dozen games, identify which parts of the game you think are too challenging, and reduce those sliders on your own first. This can also help you learn how each slider affects the game, so you can better fine tune your experience and also get an idea as to how well a given community slider set might suit you.

I would start on All Pro and lower sliders down, even if you have to lower every slider to zero to start with. That way as you get better at the game you can gradually increase the challenge. The Madden developers have also frequently stated in the past that they balance the game for All Pro difficulty first (assuming default 50 slider values for their internal balancing), so that can also be a useful baseline to compare yourself against.

Separate from sliders - if there are specific parts of the game you are struggling with, this forum is a useful place to get advice, ask questions, learn strategies, and find tips to to improve your game.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-08-2021 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Instead of starting with any community slider set, I’d look at the results of your past dozen games, identify which parts of the game you think are too challenging, and reduce those sliders on your own first. This can also help you learn how each slider affects the game, so you can better fine tune your experience and also get an idea as to how well a given community slider set might suit you.

I would start on All Pro and lower sliders down, even if you have to lower every slider to zero to start with. That way as you get better at the game you can gradually increase the challenge. The Madden developers have also frequently stated in the past that they balance the game for All Pro difficulty first (assuming default 50 slider values for their internal balancing), so that can also be a useful baseline to compare yourself against.

Separate from sliders - if there are specific parts of the game you are struggling with, this forum is a useful place to get advice, ask questions, learn strategies, and find tips to to improve your game.

This was such an informative and helpful response. Huge thank you for taking time to write this. I just started getting back into Madden this year and this is going to be so helpful for me. Appreciate it.

Old 09-08-2021, 08:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Is the All-Pro balance focus really still true? I thought that ended when online moved to All-Madden difficulty.

If it is All-Pro, it's kind of a head-scratcher because you often have 10+ seconds to throw and incredible separation on every play. I am pretty confident I could put up north of 100 points with the worst team under any conditions, especially so in '22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Help with Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royerrulz
Is the All-Pro balance focus really still true? I thought that ended when online moved to All-Madden difficulty.

If it is All-Pro, it's kind of a head-scratcher because you often have 10+ seconds to throw and incredible separation on every play. I am pretty confident I could put up north of 100 points with the worst team under any conditions, especially so in '22

I do recall EA putting out a blurb about increasing the default difficulty setting for the Madden Championship Series and similar officially sanctioned competitive events to All Madden.

I don’t recall hearing EA say anything different about how they balance user vs CPU play recently. If someone can dig something up saying otherwise, I’d be curious to know.

I agree that All Pro is pretty easy, but I think that mostly comes down to things like CPU playcalling lacking football intelligence and being mostly stuck to a script (the new game plan stuff does mitigate this significantly, admittedly), the CPU not having access to user power features such as hot routes, and so on.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-08-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #7
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightRises
So here’s my problem that I’m hoping this community can help me with. I’m way too good for Pro difficulty but I get my *** kicked on All-Pro.

How do I make the game more competitive without switching to All-Pro and losing every game? Sliders?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would just choose a set of Sliders for all-pro, and adjust it. Adjust it to suit your weaknesses, but not to the point to where you are over powerful. Adjust pass blocking here, run blocking there, a little advantage by lowering defense pass covering skills etc. This way you can build yourself up as you get used to the game, and overall get better.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »