Home

The Scouting Update Is Why People Despise EA

This is a discussion on The Scouting Update Is Why People Despise EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

Jeter2's Arena

OVR: 0
The Scouting Update Is Why People Despise EA

Self explanatory. This is flat out unacceptable. I’ve been riding with EA for 2 decades plus. I defend the game against the wave of negativity and embrace it for a flawed game which can be fun if you have a sim group. Through the Xbox 360 launch debacle, countless years of ignoring franchise and lame features which you know will be removed 2 years later, I’m still here and have been running online franchises since PS3 but here we are.

EA is the perfect example of people who don’t realize how being a straight shooter will get you far in life. Would I love to have that scouting update right now and kick my league off? Absolutely. But I can wait if you just let me know the deal.

Do me a favor and search “Madden Scouting” on Twitter. Day after day it’s waves of people asking for a date. If it’s October, say that, if it’s delayed indefinitely and you don’t know, just say that. Instead we have a garbage deafening silence from producers to game designers who’s @‘s are flooded day after day when all the people want is communication. Mind boggling how a company with this deep of pockets openly rebels against good Pr and customer service.

Last edited by Jeter2; 09-15-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2021, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Scouting Update Is Why People Despise EA

but they were being "straight shooters" when they announced the scouting feature. They said it wouldn't be in at release and announced it would come in September...they still have half the month to get it out. The update didn't drop on the first, so people act like the world is falling and EA is going back on their word.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
Self explanatory. This is flat out unacceptable. I’ve been riding with EA for 2 decades plus. I defend the game against the wave of negativity and embrace it for a flawed game which can be fun if you have a sim group. Through the Xbox 360 launch debacle, countless years of ignoring franchise and lame features which you know will be removed 2 years later, I’m still here and have been running online franchises since PS3 but here we are.

EA is the perfect example of people who don’t realize how being a straight shooter will get you far in life. Would I love to have that scouting update right now and kick my league off? Absolutely. But I can wait if you just let me know the deal.

Do me a favor and search “Madden Scouting” on Twitter. Day after day it’s waves of people asking for a date. If it’s October, say that, if it’s delayed indefinitely and you don’t know, just say that. Instead we have a garbage deafening silence from producers to game designers who’s @‘s are flooded day after day when all the people want is communication. Mind boggling how a company with this deep of pockets openly rebels against good Pr and customer service.
They said targeting September from the start. There is still plenty of September left.. so the haven't left anyone in the dark, yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Jeter2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubs112
They said targeting September from the start. There is still plenty of September left.. so the haven't left anyone in the dark, yet.

It’s more than half way over with 0 response from anyone since July.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:58 PM   #5
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
which would mean they're still on track for September...if September comes and goes without any scouting update, then I can understand getting the pitch forks ready, but we're literally only half way through the month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2021, 06:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
They said "targeting September" correct? I think that's a pretty good answer. They can't give you an exact date until it's been approved by Microsoft and Sony

Old 09-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Yeah it's STILL September people need to relax my goodness. Plus, if they did give a date and don't deliver the uproar will be worse than it is now. If it comes out rushed and has bugs people are gonna tear into it and say things like "it should have been delayed if it wasn't ready". ALSO, there's multiple processes and procedures for these updates to go through before they even get released including being approved and verified by Sony & Microsoft.

We're all anxious to start and I definitely am including myself in that. Hell I wanna start making franchise content but I don't plan on starting till the scouting update comes. It's out of our control, and all we can do is show some patience. Again it's still September so we have time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 09-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

There's a lot of things to be mad at EA for that I can get behind.

Them being transparent from the start about a hopeful September release isn't one of them. This is pretty absurd.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »