Home

Fatigue and roster update news from Andy P at Madden Planet

This is a discussion on Fatigue and roster update news from Andy P at Madden Planet within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #25
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Fatigue and roster update news from Andy P at Madden Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrog
It would be nice if EA would come to these forums and answer questions. I know we are a minority (we love our sim football). I would really like to know why the ability to edit players was left out. It is in NCAA and as far as I can tell that is just the Madden 06 engine. I think EA could prevent a lot of negativity if they would just be open. They are huge, what do they have to lose?
Because the reason they left player editing out is one the community doesn't want to hear. Next year, Madden rosters will be premium content, available for a fee. They can't do that with NCAA since they can't provide player names and know alot of people wouldn't buy the game if they couldn't rename players. It is all about revenue streams folks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 07:20 AM   #26
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Because the reason they left player editing out is one the community doesn't want to hear. Next year, Madden rosters will be premium content, available for a fee. They can't do that with NCAA since they can't provide player names and know alot of people wouldn't buy the game if they couldn't rename players. It is all about revenue streams folks...
Do you have a link for that, or just EA bashing?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-06-2006, 07:30 AM   #27
Rookie

McAlister's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
Why does EA want to have the responsibilty of making updates all the time. It makes no since! This is ridiculous that we have to be so damn dependent on them just to make the necessary roster updates.

That being said, I can see why they need the extra time. They have to make sure that they have all odf the new numbers, etc. for the new players on new teams. Another reason not to take that control from us the users. Every thing has to be asolutely perfect, with regards to names, numbers, etc. because they have to do ALL of the updates for the whole Madden community. Because they took the power from the players.

Why take that feature away from the game, when you know you are going to have increased demand and audience due to the exclusive licensing agreement, is beyond me. Plus they have to do it for even more platfoms as well.
In a perfect world this makes sense, but in reality I don't expect these rosters to meet people's expectations. EA should understand doing things like this only puts more pressure on them to perform. If EA truly is holding on to the rosters to get them as updated as possible, as they say, than people will be expecting them to be just that. However, knowing their history this most likely isn't going to be the case. I honestly only expect them to make a few of the obvious trades (Lelie-Duckett, etc), obvious signings (Law) and obvious cuts (Dayne, Rogers, etc), which we could have done ourselves, but beyond that I'm not expecting these rosters to have much else.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #28
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Just speculation based off various quotes from the EA reps stating they were exploring "alternate" revenue streams from the NFL license. They are setting the precedent this year by charging for alternate jerseys that used to be free. I also think online leagues will be available next year but only for those that pay. Its not bashing EA, its just the direction I see them heading.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #29

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer

Why do you consider that EA bashing? It's one persons opinion. We should all be wondering why, for the first time ever, there are no alternate jerseys and no player editor.
Why give it away when you can put new rosters and new jersey, stadiums etx on XBOX Marketplace and charge 500 MS points for them. Agree with Finn.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:10 AM   #30
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Since they are waiting to release the PS2 rosters I can only hope EA is correct when they say they are working harder to get the rosters accurate with recent moves.

No fatigue patch needed for PS2 so I am hoping that is the case.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #31
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll bash EA...they blow!!! And I am stupid enough to own stock in EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't understand why PS2 people have to suffer because of XBOX glitches, unless they don't want to attract bad PR for the XBOX?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »