Home

Fatigue and roster update news from Andy P at Madden Planet

This is a discussion on Fatigue and roster update news from Andy P at Madden Planet within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fatigue and roster update news from Andy P at Madden Planet

I think I know what is taking them so long for the roster update. They are having problems with the create player function. They can't get any of the running backs and receivers to run a 40 time faster than 5.0. They are probably having problems with the bench press too and can't get over 10 reps. Therefore all the new players are either toooo slow or toooo weak to play in the game.

Keep trying EA, a little hint on the 40....relax your fingers. As far as the bench press, I don't have any tips, it is just hard.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #50
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I believe you and Finn may be correct in stating that EA may charge for roster updates in the future. One thing, though - EA didn't "remove" roster editing from the 360 version, they just haven't added it yet.
I know it was never in the 360 version, and therefore was technically never "removed." However, when I think of Madden as a game, I think of how Madden (the game) has progressed over the years. Therefore, not including the player editing (and other options that have been in previous years) is a regression in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #51
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Which quote exactly do you get they will charge for rosters from?

I can see them charging for Online Leagues. That's been in the works for some time, that's quite obvious.

But which quote exactly leads you to believe they would charge for rosters? I mean we all know you are without bias on this subject and would never jump to conclusions right?
My speculation has nothing to do with what I think about Madden as a game... It is just where I see EA heading with the exclusive NFL license. No more no less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #52
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby0011
I think I know what is taking them so long for the roster update. They are having problems with the create player function. They can't get any of the running backs and receivers to run a 40 time faster than 5.0. They are probably having problems with the bench press too and can't get over 10 reps. Therefore all the new players are either toooo slow or toooo weak to play in the game.

Keep trying EA, a little hint on the 40....relax your fingers. As far as the bench press, I don't have any tips, it is just hard.

Great post, stubby.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
My speculation has nothing to do with what I think about Madden as a game... It is just where I see EA heading with the exclusive NFL license. No more no less.
Do you really believe what you think about Madden as a game, has no bearing on what you are speculating? I find that pretty difficult to believe.

But that's besides the point, what quotes exactly lead you to believe you will be paying for rosters? As I said, I have seen the writing on the wall of oline leagues for some time. I get that, and agree that's coming, but rosters. Where exactly are these quotes that would lead you to believe that?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #54
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Do you really believe what you think about Madden as a game, has no bearing on what you are speculating? I find that pretty difficult to believe.

But that's besides the point, what quotes exactly lead you to believe you will be paying for rosters? As I said, I have seen the writing on the wall of oline leagues for some time. I get that, and agree that's coming, but rosters. Where exactly are these quotes that would lead you to believe that?
Not to speak for Finn, but I believe many of us see that coming. You have to pay for alternate jersey's, which used to come free with the game. Now they have disabled roster editing for next Gen. I think paying for roster updates is the next logical step.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiefish
Not to speak for Finn, but I believe many of us see that coming. You have to pay for alternate jersey's, which used to come free with the game. Now they have disabled roster editing for next Gen. I think paying for roster updates is the next logical step.
I have seen no indication of that. It's possible, but unlikely imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
I have seen no indication of that. It's possible, but unlikely imo.
Doesn't the lack of editing point straight to that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »