Home

Roster/Patch update from EA 9/8

This is a discussion on Roster/Patch update from EA 9/8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Roster/Patch update from EA 9/8

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/ann.jspa?sls=2&annID=284

Sorry if anyone has already posted

Last edited by stimperley; 09-08-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Roster/Patch update from EA 9/8

Can we start the Vets league?
Old 09-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

The guy from EA still hasn't said anything concrete... he only hinted that it may be available next week (versus in two weeks)... so it's still a wait and see.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

good lookin' out, at least it's something.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
The guy from EA still hasn't said anything concrete... he only hinted that it may be available next week (versus in two weeks)... so it's still a wait and see.

I thought I read something different. I read it's looking good right now that the patch will be out early next week.

I didn't read into it maybe it will be out early next week. Basically, that means to me that if nothing get's messed up between now and early next week, we'll have a patch.

At the very least, at least it's communication.

I guess it's all in the way you want to look at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #6
Rookie

bobcatgrad's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea... well, I'll be playing World of Warcraft until this freakin' roster patch shows up.

I bought the game on the day of release, realized I couldn't edit players while looking at the Bengals' roster, and haven't started Madden since.

NCAA/WOW has been getting my free time attention.

Good job, EA. I've been a HUGE EA supporter for 10+ years. You've sufficiently severely pissed off a long time, reasonable customer.

Sigh..... ah, well. Off to fight the dreaded Alliance in WOW. See ya.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I thought I read something different. I read it's looking good right now that the patch will be out early next week.

I didn't read into it maybe it will be out early next week. Basically, that means to me that if nothing get's messed up between now and early next week, we'll have a patch.

At the very least, at least it's communication.

I guess it's all in the way you want to look at it.
Your right. It's all perspective. My perspective is based on my belief that EA has lied to us in regards to the HOFs and Fatigue issue to cover their hide. I believe these features are not working as intended... and if they are, those two decisions are two of the worst decisions that they have made in many years.

What in the world made EA think that we would want HOFs showing up in our franchise by default. It's obvious HOFs showing up was not intended to be an option. If it were, they would have a HOF ON/OFF toggle for franchise mode.

If the fatigue is supposed to be working as intended, then why even include the FATIGUE ON/OFF toggle because there really is no difference with it on or off. Why have SUB IN/OUT option, if nobody is going to get subbed.

I believe their producer basically lied to us to cover his/their *ss. This is my opinion... thus, I am more pessimistic about the things that they say... and I take an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Your right. It's all perspective. My perspective is based on my belief that EA has lied to us in regards to the HOFs and Fatigue issue to cover their hide. I believe these features are not working as intended... and if they are, those two decisions are two of the worst decisions that they have made in many years.

What in the world made EA think that we would want HOFs showing up in our franchise by default. It's obvious HOFs showing up was not intended to be an option. If it were, they would have a HOF ON/OFF toggle for franchise mode.

If the fatigue is supposed to be working as intended, then why even include the FATIGUE ON/OFF toggle because there really is no difference with it on or off. Why have SUB IN/OUT option, if nobody is going to get subbed.

I believe their producer basically lied to us to cover his/their *ss. This is my opinion... thus, I am more pessimistic about the things that they say... and I take an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.
I can understand how you feel. The HOF just baffles me and the fatigue, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt at this time.

I've played the PC version each and every year since 99. Every time they announced a patch, they came through. There wasn't a date announced, it was all very vague. However, the patches that came out, did fix what was wrong with the PC version. The PC version is made by the same company, so, that's what I go off of. I really don't see much difference between the PC or 360 as far as Hard Drives go, etcc....... The PC version is the best PC version to date.

As you said, we will see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »